• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Expert Anime Hackers

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:11 am Reply with quote
grooven wrote:
I would say Oreimo took a nose dive for the second half.
Sailor S wrote:
Riki is the worst Key protagonist I've ever seen, and frankly I just want to see him fail. So, this show gets the tag of the worst because I expect much better out of a Key property.
If you actually paid attention to the story you would know why he is the way he is. A really stupid way to rate a second season of a show based on the protagonist, rather than the overall show. The show was fine, far from being the worst.

So you say. I watched all of Oreimo, and I had no problems with the second season, so apparently you're wrong and I'm right. If you actually paid attention to the title of the show, there's no way you couldn't have seen that ending coming, so going by your own judgement, your opinion is idiotic. Pretty stupid way to rate a show since you knew how it was going to end from the first season. Attaboy champ.
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:31 pm Reply with quote
It was tough choosing between Diabolik Lovers and Amnesia as the worst series of the year. In the end I went with Amnesia, because the art in Diabolik Lovers is very pretty. Plot wise, I found them both equally offensive.
toyNN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Have to agree with most all the votes for worst anime of the year (though I really like Love Lab and Yowapeda that some voted for).

But I don't think I've seen my worst yet: Yu-Sibu - Yusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita (Since not becoming a hero, reluctantly I’ve taken a job). Seemed like it would be an interesting premise but I couldn't get halfway through the first episode.
tcdelaney

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:22 pm Reply with quote
toyNN wrote:
But I don't think I've seen my worst yet: Yu-Sibu - Yusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita (Since not becoming a hero, reluctantly I’ve taken a job). Seemed like it would be an interesting premise but I couldn't get halfway through the first episode.

It's actually one that improves significantly. Sure - it's no "The Devil is a Part-Timer", but it's still quite a bit of fun if you turn your brain off for a lot of it. There is plenty of boob-jiggling, obvious innuendo, etc - totally unnecessary and at times a little offensive, and I think the show would have been a lot better with most of it removed (but that's the same for a *lot* of shows).
Eisenmann V

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
grooven wrote:
I would say Oreimo took a nose dive for the second half.
Sailor S wrote:
Riki is the worst Key protagonist I've ever seen, and frankly I just want to see him fail. So, this show gets the tag of the worst because I expect much better out of a Key property.
If you actually paid attention to the story you would know why he is the way he is. A really stupid way to rate a second season of a show based on the protagonist, rather than the overall show. The show was fine, far from being the worst.

So you say. I watched all of Oreimo, and I had no problems with the second season, so apparently you're wrong and I'm right. If you actually paid attention to the title of the show, there's no way you couldn't have seen that ending coming, so going by your own judgement, your opinion is idiotic. Pretty stupid way to rate a show since you knew how it was going to end from the first season. Attaboy champ.

... Did you just say that being open about an ending makes it not a bad ending?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
Another hacker no-one seems to have mentioned thus far is Michael from Witch Hunter Robin.

Fencedude5609 wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
Was gonna say. Anyone who can out-hack a super-computer ON HIS CELLPHONE, IN BINARY should be on this list.

In 2003, when Cellphones were just phones!

Japan was ahead of the curve; their phones had iMode (IIRC the episode in question was entitled "eMode vs Supercomputer").

dm wrote:
yuna49 wrote:
I can't believe I've read five pages of comments here, and no one has mentioned any of the kids from Dennou Coil for the hackers list.

I feel so ashamed. And I even have a couple of the R2 disks, too (they came with storyboards, I really wanted the storyboards for the fight between Yasako and the computer club).

Looks like I did happen to take a couple of photos from that part of the book:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7