• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last Exile 14-26 on Anime Unleashed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:35 am Reply with quote
Raenydyne wrote:

Don't worry dudes, there's this thing called Bit Torrent where you can download the episodes. I suppose I can't list the sites here, but browse around and pay attention to links that have other anime torrents and you'll find it. I actually have G4TechTV and could watch it but have to work (and share the tv with 5 other people) so I download and watch when I got time. Actually, if you go to the G4TechTV website (Screen Savers section), you'll see all kinds of hints on which sites to go to and what programs to use.

oh that's really smart, giving posters an incentive to download and possibly burn Fansubbed Animes onto DVDs,thus not having the desire to purchase an accuired release,thus taking money out of the producers,artist and voice actor's hands,thus shrinking the already niche market even further. yeah, your'e a smart guy allright. Rolling Eyes
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:19 am Reply with quote
Personaly i already own all the DVDs and plan on having a marathon with my friends for the 29th, but while i do know where to get fansubs for Last Exile(and have known the entire time i was buying the DVDs), they can't match the quality of the DVD version, With an anime as nice as Last Exile you need the DVD or a cable feed to get it in decent quality.

Support the creators buy the DVDs when they come out.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:35 am Reply with quote
rankothefiremage wrote:
With an anime as nice as Last Exile you need the DVD or a cable feed to get it in decent quality.

/nod.

Last Exile looks and sounds so nice that its almost a crime to watch a download.

Not sure if I'd be willing to watch it on analog TV either...

-t
Djablesse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Or you could buy the legitimate North American DVD releases and stop taking money from the producers' hands! Last EXILE is licensed for North American video distribution; sniffing around for it on BitTorrent is totally unjustified at this point in time.[/quote]

I totally agree with Nagisa. With attitudes like that, the fansubbing community will only continue to receive more flack. But on a brighter side, I'm thrilled there'll be a LE marathon. I missed most of the series, so I guess that's my day to catch up!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately, I'll be away for Christmas, so I will be missing such a fine event (If I was able to watch it, this would give me an opportunity to delete the fansubs of Last Exile that I haven't watched yet)

Unfortunately, my brother is too poor to get [digital] cable in his apartment (most areas, G4TTV is on digital cable), and I don't think my parents would want to watch anything animated on Christmas day, We would be opening presents and watching the more traditional Christmas shows.

Oh, wait is this just episodes 14-26 or is it the entire 26 episodes?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Dagwood

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:55 pm Reply with quote
I agree, it is a crime to download it. What can I say, people are dumb. I'm going to buy it so they keep bringing us quality anime shows like this one.

kusanagi-sama, it will be all 26 episodes. You should check out the scedule on G4TTV's website, www.g4techtv.com .

I too missed a chunk of episodes Djablesse, towards the middle they were. So I shall catch up as well, I missed 8-14, and two others, 18 and 19, i think.

Anyway, I have to congradulate G4TTV for doing this, it's all I wanted for Christmas, honestly.

Lastly, a (as that comercial puts it) Merry Christmahanaquanzika to everyone in ANN![/code][/url]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2