• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Delays DVDs, BEI Delays or Cancels Reissues

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lord_darkseid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:15 am Reply with quote
No Flag, No Zegapain, delayed Volltron... all make Darkseid an unhappy tyrant. Evil or Very Mad
RauTwilight

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:46 am Reply with quote
man I was waiting on Zegapain and now cancelled. Well at least 00 comin out though slightly later.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:52 am Reply with quote
Just adding my voice to the disappointed chorus over the cancellation of the Flag boxset. Crap.

Oh, by the way distributors, when you pull stuff like this: cancelling a product and not even bothering to provide any kind of explanation, you realize you are just pushing people deeper into the arms of the fansubs, right?
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:02 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
LagannImpact wrote:
Quote:
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (Eps #1-9)
From May 19 to June 16

You gotta be kidding me! What the hell could possibly be the hold-up? They've been ready to go since the end of 2008 for crying out loud!

Well, at least Gurren Lagann Limited Editon Set 3 seems to still be on track for May 5th.

That's a good question. The dub for those episodes is obviously done since the first season aired on Sci-Fi and that's usually the time consuming part. Maybe they're having issues getting the discs made?

I was disappointed too as well. I was hoping to get it as an early birthday gift for myself, but it looks like that won't happen unless TRSI ships it early or something for the pre orders.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
2DOtaku

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:26 am Reply with quote
Okay... so where the hell's Dragon Destiny? Media Blasters have had it licensed for well over a year, and since then, at least to my knowledge, not a word. Did they just forget about it? You know I used to love MB. Their releases are great, and it's always interesting to see what they'll acquire next, but lately, mainly because of this whole farce around DD, they've just gotten on my nerves, although some sort of announcement on volumes 13-18 of Eiken would definitely redeem them in my mind.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:45 am Reply with quote
*sigh* this is the second time that the SEED Destiny pack has been delayed (was originally 2/24, then 4/21).

I had held off pre-ordering the first volume of the Eureka Seven collection until TSRI had listed the second half, but if BANDAI keeps this up, I may hold off until both volumes are actually on retailers' shelves. I don't want to end up with partial releases.
edzieba

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Flag Complete Collection DVD Boxed Set (Anime Legends)
From May 5 to cancelled

Zegapain Complete Collection DVD Boxed Set (Anime Legends)
From May 5 to cancelled
FGSFDS
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:02 am Reply with quote
I'll add my voice to the chorus of voices expressing disappointment at the Flag Collection being canceled. I was kicking myself for not getting as singles when there were sales going on (e.g. TRSI) but now a well-priced collection is not going to happen now either.

I wouldn't mind know what's going on over at Bandai. Their website hasn't been updated in quite awhile. They could do worse than to let their fans (customers) know what is up.

Last edited by JohnnySake on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
joshuafer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:18 am Reply with quote
Darn no Zegapain Sad
PingSoni
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:21 am Reply with quote
This is depressing, but my guess is that there will be more delays and cancellations as companies close out their fiscal year and react to poor holiday sales and the general economic nose-dive at the end of 2008.
DieHardBleachFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:53 am Reply with quote
Crap, I was really looking forward to the Zegapain and Flag sets. Sad
ConanSan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:06 am Reply with quote
At least MB's precious, good show killing money cow got it as well.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:21 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Oh, by the way distributors, when you pull stuff like this: cancelling a product and not even bothering to provide any kind of explanation, you realize you are just pushing people deeper into the arms of the fansubs, right?

Okay, this comment shocked me. I guess this will be my turn to reply to one of your posts, right?
Wink

The cancellations could be caused by a variety of factors, but my primary "finger pointing" would be due to music licensing issues.

What, do you people really think the music industry would allow its content to be given away for no return?

I've seen this happen over and over with so many series using music owned by a label.

And you people want to keep defending the distribution model?

As for Bandai, they can rot in hell until I get my apology for putting propaganda crap on the MoSH extras regarding fansubbing.
No fan, and I do mean no fan should ever have to watch this crap for content they've paid for.

At any rate, I'm sorry some of you are upset over cancelled titles. I sincerely hope you're just not going to sit there and whine about it.

If you need these distributors' email addresses, just say the word.
Smile
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:31 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Just adding my voice to the disappointed chorus over the cancellation of the Flag boxset. Crap.

Or you could just buy the singles which are still in circulation. Rolling Eyes
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:12 am Reply with quote
I don't like buying single volumes. It is waaaaaay more expensive to do it that way (unless you get them through something like TRSI's bargain bin) and they take up more space. I don't even mind waiting for a boxset, but to have one announced and then cancelled without a shred of explanation kind of sucks. But maybe you're just one of those people who will put up with any kind of crap distributors hand out? Here take one of your rolly eye things back since you seem to enjoy using them. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5