• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Delays DVDs, BEI Delays or Cancels Reissues

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:15 pm Reply with quote
I have a question. Are the Gundam 00 DVDs gonna be billingual or just in Japanese?
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:21 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
I have a question. Are the Gundam 00 DVDs gonna be billingual or just in Japanese?

Considering a dub aired on Sci-Fi, one would assume they'll be bilingual.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:34 am Reply with quote
Alright then. Amazon has the first season DVD up on their database and they only listed it as Japanese with english subs, so that's why I asked.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:40 pm Reply with quote
So does this mean Genshiken two will be delayed until Media Blasters eventually forget's about this series? Because if that is really the case, I am never going to buy anything from Media Blasters ever again.

I understand Genshiken may not be the most "exciting" shows Media Blasters has licensed, but if they licensed a show, they should at least finish it. At least Bandai had the guts to say that the final boxset for Lucky Star volume 6 would never be released.

Seriously Media Blasters, I purchased Kujibiki Unbalanced in hopes that Genshiken two would also be released as well. At the very least, they should give a set in stone release date for the first volume.
Macron One

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
So does this mean Genshiken two will be delayed until Media Blasters eventually forget's about this series? Because if that is really the case, I am never going to buy anything from Media Blasters ever again.

I understand Genshiken may not be the most "exciting" shows Media Blasters has licensed, but if they licensed a show, they should at least finish it. At least Bandai had the guts to say that the final boxset for Lucky Star volume 6 would never be released.

Seriously Media Blasters, I purchased Kujibiki Unbalanced in hopes that Genshiken two would also be released as well. At the very least, they should give a set in stone release date for the first volume.

The delay was related to Media Blasters having to redo their schedule as a result of Best Buy's new policy.
This was already explained over on AOD : http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=1564688&postcount=6
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Media Blasters can get stuffed, if they're hurtin' for money they can go [insert rude mannor of making oral love] to Voltron. Or is that not doing it for them anymore?
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Macron One wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

The delay was related to Media Blasters having to redo their schedule as a result of Best Buy's new policy.
This was already explained over on AOD : http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=1564688&postcount=6

I understand that Best Buy has a brand new policy, but it fires me up knowing that Genshiken two may or may not ever be released. For example, Haruhi season two.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:38 pm Reply with quote
It appears that new Haruhi Suzumiya episodes are scheduled to run intermittently between first season episodes during the 2009 re-airing. I think the first new episode is going to hit around early June, going by the list posted in another thread. So there's that, at least.

As for Genshiken 2, um. . . . Well, this is just my opinion, but if you're a fan of series, spoiler[you're better off going back and reading the last half of the manga than watching even one episode of the new series. I don't know if it's that the manga hadn't been completely published when the anime studio started working on it or what, but someone really dropped the ball on this one. They completely failed to hit key plot points, screwed with the pacing, and spent a good episode and a half with Ohno and Angela engaged in painfully long Engrish conversations. I plan on renting it (since I believe MB WILL release it at some point), but will never put a penny towards owning this flop.] YMMV.
bayoab

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

I understand that Best Buy has a brand new policy, but it fires me up knowing that Genshiken two may or may not ever be released. For example, Haruhi season two.
Those are two completely different situations. It's clear here that MB has Genshiken2 done and is just waiting until they can maximize the distribution of the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5