• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! + -Heart Throb (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:03 am Reply with quote
I was a big fan of the first series, so I'm happy to see it return, but the first eppie does reinforce a fear I had, which is: what can they do now? The first season was all about the struggle with Delusionism. Now there is no more struggle. Not because the problem was cured, but because everyone is prepared to live with it.

I'm not sure I'm up for another cours of imaginary battles especially when there are no real stakes any more. Too early to tell just yet, but it seems this might be Imaginary Battles + subplot of the week (i.e. Rikka needs spoiler[a place to live]) which I think will get pretty old, pretty fast.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:02 am Reply with quote
Pretty sure they're going the "introduce a romantic rival" route, but that probably won't be particularly interesting since Yuta and Rikka are already dating.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:14 am Reply with quote
I hope we eventually see some evidence that they are dating.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:45 pm Reply with quote
You mean we haven't already? Well, they're still at that stage where neither of them really know how this dating thing works.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote
They sure don't come across as boyfriend-girlfriend to me. A real boyfriend would be thrilled to have his girlfriend under the same roof. They don't seem to treat each other any differently than they did before, except he is more tolerant of her delusions.

Last edited by Blood- on Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
They sure to come across as boyfriend-girlfriend to me. A real boyfriend would be thrilled to have his girlfriend under the same roof. They don't seem to treat each other any differently than they did before, except he is more tolerant of her delusions.

Well the narration sounded like he was disappointed to lose his alone time with her, that he liked doing so. Also thought him more likely to do the Dark Flame Master persona might be evidence.

They both have attraction to each other, and they both agreed they are dating, they just don't know what to do. I am sure the season will push them together, and knowing KyoAni before we know it Yuuta will be playing baseball for her hand, well that is unlikely but I suddenly remembered another show that they had characters start dating at the end of the first season. There is always Shinka who I think was saying she was a master of love..... but we know she will be busy with her own deathly love right?
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Okay good thing Shinka changed back to her regular form. She just isn't the same without the infamous hair clip. It was funny to see her get angry at Yutta for the lack of romance in his relationship with Rikka. Their date, especially the holding hands part, was cute. I was wondering when the new girl would make her appearance and she does it spoiler[the same way Rikka first met Yuuta.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Well spoiler[Shinka's hair is back to her original style].

Not going to lie though, that spoiler[date was pretty cute at the aquarium with the hands holding. For some reason, that ending didn't surprise me at all. The new girl shows up although I originally thought she'd show up at the end of the first episode.] I'm curious to see where this goes!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ingraman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:54 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I was wondering when the new girl would make her appearance and she does it spoiler[the same way Rikka first met Yuuta.]

Similar, anyway. I don't remember Yuuta's hands getting squished on the railing, but maybe he's just better at handling girls' feet than Rikka is. ^^;
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:57 pm Reply with quote
After all this time it feels kinda weird to see a group of girls spying on the main character and his love interest, and not one of them has the hots for the guy themselves.

Man, Yuuta's such a worthless main character, only able to get one (likely 2) girl(s) to fall in love with him! [/joke]

Not surprising Shinka changed back, though I didn't think they'd offer no explanation. Makes me wonder why they bothered changing her in the first place.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:25 am Reply with quote
Found something interesting on reddit. Someone noticed the stalkers were actually being stalked themselves in these scenes 1 and 2. It doesn't seem like its the new girl in disguise.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:27 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I noticed the 2nd one, but not the first.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:32 am Reply with quote
Much happier after watching the second eppie than I was with the first. Partly it's because we finally see Rikka and Yuta spoiler[doing couple stuff which was nice. Also many things made me chuckle: that chick giving love advice (still not sure whether she truly was "just kidding" when she said she had a crush on Rikka), Yuta spanking Rikka for her spending, Rikka telling the aquarium announcer she was in Grade 6 and making the dolphin "do her bidding."]

I'm assuming the Stalker of the Stalkers is spoiler[the new girl who lives above Yuta and Rikka?]

Anyway, I now feel more confident they can get another solid season out of this material.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:11 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 2

I did not even notice that Shinka's hair was back to normal so I definitely did not see the extra stalker. I looked through the OP, but the character does not appear (not that many do actually) regular mystery girl does, but her hair seems shorter.

Just spit balling, but I just guessed mystery girl would be the one from the novel that is something like spoiler[his ex and a current chuuni]. But perhaps they are splitting the character into one spoiler[who a chuuni] and another he spoiler[might have sent one of those ridiculous love messages to and ended up with an obsession]. Expect my theory to be wrong though.

Still, it was the cutest when Rikka spoiler[shuffled over to hold his hand]. Can't look past her saying she was spoiler[in the sixth grade] and making the spoiler[dolphin do the trick consecutively], either.

I am getting good fun when Yuuta's normal mode slips too.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 3
Well that was fun. The new girl spoiler[Shichimiya sure as hell made her presence well known so far. I'm quite interested to see how she might influence Yuuta and Rikka's relationship especially considering she is his childhood friend and they had memories together.]

The spoiler[chuunibyou battle] was pretty fun to watch. I kinda like this new girl's style tbh. I might have to used to it though :p
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 17 of 21