• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses 4 More Detective Conan Movies

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrdAdmiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:21 am Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
Swell! Though, is it just me or do some of these movies get ahead of the licensed TV series in regards to what-has-been-revealed and what-characters-are-there? I may hold off on some of them for fear of spoilers and stuff, then. It'll be tough, though!

@Myaow - You have nothing to fear. Normally you would already have been introduced to the characters in the show prior to the release of the movie. All the movies are completely stand alone to the show, although they do hint at some of the main plots of the show (IE- The Black Organization.) and heavily utilize gadgets and the characters. But even if you have never seen the show, you could watch the movies as the beginning of the movies have about a 6 minute introductory sequence that explains each new thing in the movie, and what character knows and does what. So as far as spoilers go, you should be ok! Well, except for Ai Kun. Smile No way around that one. *shrugs* You are either going to get that information in Season 6 or Movie 3. Which ever drops first.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:54 am Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Actually, a leaked trailer showed the 3rd movie coming to DVD, so we knew about that one for a while. Also, I had heard that FUNi VAs had said they had dubbed at least four movies way prior to this announcement, so I question if they really "licensed" these movies recently as opposed to having the license for a while and finally releasing them. I mean, you can't dub what you don't have a license for, right?

Enough nitpicking though! I'm just glad we're getting more Case Closed! :D

Exactly, I am happy that there will be more movies that were licensed. Great job Funimation, I've been wanting to watch the last couple of movies for a while now, but now I have four more to look forward to.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:33 pm Reply with quote
As excited as I am about more case closed movies, I was kind of hoping that funimation would've said something about more episodes. I'd rather not watch movie 3 prior to having be introduced to Ai in the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2