• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion: 3.0 Film's Latest Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheZeonicFront

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm a Asuka/Shinji shipper all the way, but in Rebuild I'm fine with Rei/Shinji. It's the story they are telling this time. Shinji got Asuka in the original series, let Rei have her day.
Myaow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Hitler Reacts To Thread About The First EVA 3.0 Footage Released In Ages Being Derailed Into A Boring Old Ship War
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:17 pm Reply with quote
This looks AWESOME
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Aw, no new footage of Misato/Ritsuko? Bummer...

I get the feeling they will not survive the reboot.
reanimator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:36 pm Reply with quote
_V_ wrote:
Krotchstak wrote:
-Snip-

I can no longer idly sit back and allow Rei shipper infiltration, Rei shipper indoctrination, and Rei shipper subversion.

People don't care about your interpretation because it could be all just speculation. Anyway you need to cite your sources. You need to post relevant link, picture, or Japanese text to prove your point.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
I feel like there must be something wrong with me for shipping Shinji and Kaworu, even though I'm a straight male.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Shinji/Kaworu, Asuka/Mari (I know they haven't met! I don't care!)
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Well finally we get some footage aside from a piano lol, though it is in this trailer too aha
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:02 pm Reply with quote
_V_ wrote:

According to the interviews in "The Complete Destruction of All Records", there wasn't supposed to be a "Happy" ending to Rebuild of Eva 2.0, with Shinji in love with Rei. (For god's sake people, she's a clone of his mother!)

Rebuild Rei may very well not be the same as Rei TV.

They haven't exactly stated whether or not Rei has the same backstory as TV Rei. For all we know, Gendo could have been human and adopted a little girl who passed away. Hell, we don't even know if the Evas are the same considering Shinji forces Unit 01 to activate in 2.0 during the fight where the end of episode 19 happens.

And besides, Asuka had her time in TV, some of the side-stories and End of Eva. Rebuild Rei and Shinji is kinda cute, IMO.

Juno016 wrote:
I feel like there must be something wrong with me for shipping Shinji and Kaworu, even though I'm a straight male.

No problem there. It's Kaworu. I don't have to explain anything!
boredandlazy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:49 pm Reply with quote
why no guest post option? wrote:
why there's a lot of english retard posts on nico?
You do realise where you're posting this right?
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:11 pm Reply with quote
_V_ wrote:

Because your typical Rei/Shinji shipper has no respect for human life. Not even his own. That's how your hardcore Rei/Shinji shipper works.

Can't we all just get along and hope that the Evangelion movies end in a harem ending?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
_V_ wrote:

Because your typical Rei/Shinji shipper has no respect for human life. Not even his own. That's how your hardcore Rei/Shinji shipper works.

Can't we all just get along and hope that the Evangelion movies end in a harem ending?

We can hope so. Although Mari is the new hotness and best girl. You can't compare to an illustrious Briton voiced by Maaya Sakamoto.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:45 pm Reply with quote
It looks like a ShinjixKaworu lovefest.

Shinji's the girl in the relationship.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:38 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
It looks like a ShinjixKaworu lovefest.

Shinji's the girl in the relationship.

Shinji is the girl in the Asuka, Rei, Misato, and Mari relationships as well.
jdnation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:03 pm Reply with quote
The manga had also been tying Shinji and Rei close together.

Anyway, I thought the Rei successors had the memories from the previous Rei implanted into them? That is whatever was recorded up to the point in the revitalization tank? So events following those sessions are the only ones that are lost?

Although a 'clone' of his mother, Rei in the end is her own independent 'person.' Her ego is carried over to the dummies if necessary. But her individuality remains and is different from Yui. Whether this constitutes 'incest' in the traditional sense is somewhat more complex. On the genetic level, assuming the science fiction aspects keep it 100% clone of Yui, then yes, Rei is related to Shinji, although on the other hand, she's also a mixed engineering with stuff from Lilith or the Evas? In which case, is she actually really a clone of Yui, or is her genetic make-up more alien? Then again, all humanity in Evangelion originated from Lilith, so the Evas and humans and angels aren't unrelated. On the other hand even if we assume the Rei in the Rebuild movies is a clone of Yui, why the heck is Gendo so intent on getting Shinji and Rei to become closer to each other to follow the 'script' he has in mind for how all this plays out?

I toss these points out into the depths of the internet...
Quark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
GUYS I am so EXCITED about this! I could not stop grinning the whole time I was watching this trailer and about five seconds in I was ready to jump up and shriek "LOOK AT MY BABIES... LOOK AT ALL MY BABIES!" Rei looks so pretty and Asuka and Mari are bosses and Kaworu is going to be IN IT and it looks like Shinji's going to go through a lot of crap again and that makes me sad but I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT! AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa

Your post gave me a little smile. It's been so long since we've seen new footage of these characters and it was great to see them again. I've been a fan of this series for 14 years and am very attached to the Eva characters (and that includes Mari despite her new girl status).

However, I really do not care at all about who Shinji may or may not end up with, or even if he does end up with anyone at all. I watch Eva for the crazy, complex story, not for possible shipping opportunities.

Wonderwomanhero is right - where is Misato?! She's always been one of the more interesting and likeable characters in the series, it's a shame that she doesn't get as much attention as the pilots.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3