• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Heaven's Lost Property 2, Panty & Stocking, Fortune Arterial

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Philippines?!!

Wow! That was a big surprise from Kadokawa. Gotta love this.
Nebs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:35 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
I think only Sengoku Basara 2 is like that.

Sekirei 2, Okamisan, and Campanella are also delayed by more than a week. Black Butler 2 is delayed by one week. Not to mention their promise of simulcasting Strike Witches 2, which hasn't even happened yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:44 pm Reply with quote
I guess I'm the only excited about Fortune Arterial, eh?
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:
garfield15 wrote:

Sekirei 2, Okamisan, and Campanella are also delayed by more than a week. Black Butler 2 is delayed by one week. Not to mention their promise of simulcasting Strike Witches 2, which hasn't even happened yet.

Oh right, I forgot about those other three (mainly because I haven't watched them) but didn't they start really late?
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:
garfield15 wrote:

For Strike Witches 2, it may be that when they read the fine print, they found out they did not have simulcast streaming rights, and will only actually own the streaming rights once they expire at Crunchyroll. Certainly when Crunchyroll announced the simulcast, they announced it as an exclusive simulcast.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:

I hope this also means they'll put the first Sora no Otoshimono series back up again. I watched the first few, dropped it, then wanted to pick it up again, but it was gone. I'm not going to watch the new season if I can't watch the first.

I would assume that that is not going to happen since Funimation licensed the first season. At least I don't know of any situation where Crunchyroll was allowed to stream a series that was licensed by an actual distributor.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
I hope this also means they'll put the first Sora no Otoshimono series back up again. I watched the first few, dropped it, then wanted to pick it up again, but it was gone. I'm not going to watch the new season if I can't watch the first.

CR wont be putting the first season back up. It has since been licensed by Funimation (including the streaming rights), but it'll be put up on Funimation.com eventually, but the question is when? Its possible that they may do it to coincide with the second season, but then again they might not.
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:27 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
Spastic Minnow wrote:

CR wont be putting the first season back up. It has since been licensed by Funimation (including the streaming rights), but it'll be put up on Funimation.com eventually, but the question is when? Its possible that they may do it to coincide with the second season, but then again they might not.

I get the impression that when they do not have a simulcast, they stream as part of the lead up to the DVD release. Certainly El Cazador worked like that.

But if they are trying to promote their new site when it opens up, they might put some shows up there before they are ready for the DVD release, to attract more visitors.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:39 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Yeah, there were only three AnC projects announced, I'm still puzzled why CR got Sora No Woto and Occult Academy but not Senko no Night Raid. Would've loved to have had faster subs for that one too.

I think they had an (understandable) fear of doing a show where, at the outset, you weren't sure if it was going to wind up being a Japanese nationalist skewing of history (it wasn't...apparently. I didn't watch it because it wasn't streamed legally).

Quote:
Also, CR, where/why are you hiding Durarara episode 12.5 from me? Sad

Yes! If they're not going to do it because of it is getting an actual DVD release, at least tell us that.

Well, with Panty & Stocking w/ Garterbelt (I vote we call it P&SwG), I will be able to watch both the shows I most wanted to check out (the other being on noitaminA, so Funi will do that). Yay for legal streams (in those regions which get them)! Very Happy
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:06 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Philippines?!!

Yeah. I got to thinking that the amount of anime on local TV meant we'd be shut out of most legal streaming. Then again Korean shows seem to be more popular than anime right now, so I guess a lot of licenses are available.
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:18 am Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:
Philippines?!!

Yeah. I got to thinking that the amount of anime on local TV meant we'd be shut out of most legal streaming. Then again Korean shows seem to be more popular than anime right now, so I guess a lot of licenses are available.

Its only been announced for their three simulcasts ~ going ahead, they can exclude English subtitled streaming rights from their standard broadcast agreement for the Philippines, but obviously they cannot go back and rewrite existing contracts. It will be interesting to see which of the catalog titles if any get streamed to the Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:20 am Reply with quote
Well, I guess Panty & Stocking is at least unusual enough that it might be worth checking out. Otherwise, I'm completely uninterested in any of Chruchyroll's new stuff.
Eivion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:41 am Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Spastic Minnow wrote:

I would assume that that is not going to happen since Funimation licensed the first season. At least I don't know of any situation where Crunchyroll was allowed to stream a series that was licensed by an actual distributor.

Queen's Blade, Hayate no Gotoku, BLASSREITER, Code Geass, Gintama, etc, etc.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:48 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I guess I'm the only excited about Fortune Arterial, eh?

Nope, I'm also looking forward to it. I just hope it doesn't turn into another Cabbage Love.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:01 am Reply with quote
Awesome. I can now watch some more perverted hi-jinx with SoraOto2. Can't wait until Funimation releases part 1. So now I have reason to head back to CR. Well, not just that but I haven't been on in a goooood while. I want to check out Panty&Stocking as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4