• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:22 am Reply with quote
Is there a simulcast listing/schedule somewhere? With tons of shows being simulcasted in many different places, I'm finding it difficult to keep track of what comes out when and where. The information is out there, but it's not collected in any nice and simple listing that I know of.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:24 am Reply with quote
@Yttrbio

On the Crunchyroll Forums, TheAncientOne provides a pretty organized list of simulcasts in accordance to who is simulcasting what.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:28 am Reply with quote
Nifty. Thanks.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:16 pm Reply with quote
It look's like it's currently missing links but Streamsuki is a good resource for streams. New and Old.

Toonzone's forum keeps a list but doesn't separate out currently airing shows.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Alright, lets a play a game of Spot the Character Reference!

Tsubasa from Bakemonogatari
Ritsuko from Idolm@ster
Nodoka from K-ON
Ichika from AnoNatsu

We got Birdy on the far left.

Chiyo-chan
Kyon's Imouto
*UNKNOWN*
Last Order

Predator, Tiger Mask, and then Kinnikuman. I just don't know the little guy.

There doesn't seem to be a common thread linking them all. Joshiraku is a JC Staff show, and so that's what AnoNatsu and Azumanga Daioh have in common, but that's it. It does seem to be sorted by character types though, which explains all the lolis and fighters in their own groups. Going by that, I'd say the first one is "Big Boobs", but I don't have a clue on the second.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Saffire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Based on the sashes, it looks like they're promoting character types (or being awarded for having a type; I don't have context for this). The first girl promotes megane, the second is yandere, the other two should be obvious.

For the first image, the second person looks like Ritsuko from Idolm@ster and the third looks like Madoka from K-On.

In the second image, the third girl makes me think Rena from Higurashi.

Third image, the last girl should be Last Order from Index.

I can't place the unknown in the fourth image.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:50 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

Alright, lets a play a game of Spot the Character Reference!

Ichika from AnoNatsu on the far right.

Cheated by finding another page making these guesses.
Tsubasa Hanekawa of Bakemonogatari, Ritsuko Akizuki of Idolm@ster, Nodoka Manabe of K-ON. (They're all characters with glasses- blocked by the bars)

but other than this pic, that person didn't do any better than you.

also recognized Last order but Saffire beat me posting while I was searching.
Saffire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
Tsubasa Hanekawa of Bakemonogatari.
Bah, I should've gotten that.

Based on that post, I probably misread the second girl's sash; I saw "yan" and Rena and jumped to conclusions. That does make guessing the characters harder though, since that's a vague hint...
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Awesomesauce, guys!

I totally should've got Tsubasa. I feel dumb now.

Quote:
I saw "yan" and Rena and jumped to conclusions.

I don't think that's Rena. I just did a quick image search and the uniforms are different. Rena's has a pinstripe on the collar, Rena's has an, I don't know what it's called, cleavage cover flap, and the ties are different colors. The girl in my picture also has lipstick on. There's a stripe that goes across her nipple line as well.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quote
whoops, I didn't read all of the blog post I posted.

The King of Harts wrote:

We got Birdy on the far left.

Yuki Mochizuki of Tomehane, Mari Oda of Toritsu_Mizusho, and the titular character of Miyuki Azusa Satomi from Idol Ace. That link says Miyuki, but (without seeing or reading either) Miyuki is a Mitsuru Adachi character... but so is the character in Idol Ace, but Idol Ace is the Adachi seires published in "Young Sunday" which is what is on the sash, and where the other characters are from -- according to that blog. And lets face it, Adachi's girls almost all look alike.

Quote:

The missing girl is apparently Main from Cookin' Idol Ai! Mai! Main!
Quote:

Predator, Tiger Mask, and then Kinnikuman. I just don't know the little guy.

Thinking some more, it seemed like that last guy looked like someone from Doraemon. After looking around I found it's another creation of the same manga-ka team, classic character Paaman. (or Perman as Wiki calls him. (The joke is that he was sidekick to SUperman... later changed to Birdman (for some reason),

Last edited by Spastic Minnow on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:34 pm; edited 4 times in total
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:30 pm Reply with quote
That's the good stuff! Thanks Spastic and Saffire.

EDIT: I did catch your correction, Spastic.
Old_Friend

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote
Help me find anime.

I saw it in 97/98 and remember only a few things but one scene I remember for sure.

Girl is taking shower and talking with guy sitting in the room nearby. Girl saying that she is one of the princess that have map on their back that appears only under water. Parts of the map are divided between sisters and while she`s talking camera moves and showing how map reveals on her back. This map is very important because it leads to the treasures (or something like that) and someone is hunting for girl to get those treasures.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:34 pm Reply with quote
I am attempting -- with utter failure -- to locate a posting wherein someone posts (in part): "rips out hair." I do not know exactly what the hell it is that I am doing wrong, but I cannot find that posting and now it is driving me mad! The post was made in the context of a discussion about Haibane Renmei, but I do not remember if the title was actually mentioned in the post.
fiery soul

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
BlindSummy, can you give us a time frame on when this would have been? It would really help in narrowing down the possibilities.

i have seen this anime too and neither i remember the title

all i remember is that it was a blond pilot who had a red diamond and an arabian girl with a green one. They used the diamonds to transform into warriors.

One of the rivals in this show is an undead mummy who died in an early age in a shipwreck or something like that. His mother was the former owner of the green diamond and he wants it back. Also the arabian girl assembles a lot to the mummy's mother

The main villain is a guy who uses the diamond of darkness a pretty strong one who is encountered only by the diamond of light which appears in the last episode when somehow the powers of all the diamonds unify
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Old_Friend wrote:
Girl saying that she is one of the princess that have map on their back that appears only under water. Parts of the map are divided between sisters....

Lupin III and Space Cobra have the sisters who have a treasure map on their back.
Possibly one of them?

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 399 of 569