• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Where can I get Totoro blankets, sheets, etc or T Shirts??

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Berry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:23 pm Reply with quote
I did a search, both here and through yahoo, and haven't been able to find anything online for this sort of thing. We're making a baby blanket for my sister's soon to be baby, and we want to put some totoro in it-- it could be sections cut out from relatively cheap T-shirts that we could sew in, to actual Totoro blankets or sheets that had a print of smaller Totoro's that we could cut out multiple times. I've found a few T-shirts, but they're about 20$ a pop, with shipping. Some sort of blankets, sheets, or just plain swaths of fabric would be best.

I figure, this has got to be out there. There must be millions of little kids that have had Totoro sheets as kids in Japan and Asia....., right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone.
Steve Berry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:06 pm Reply with quote
I thought I'd try this atleast once more, as no one replied to my post the first time. Anyone with any suggestions of where I could get stuff like this? Online shops, etc? (already tried ebay- no luck there, and amazon japan, and right stuff).....

Thanks.
CrackaJax

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Please move this to retail.

http://jbox.com/SEARCH/Totoro/1/

Help any?
Steve Berry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:49 pm Reply with quote
I understand that this is "retail" oriented, but I also know if I put it there the likelihood of someone seeing it is going much much less. That forum is more like a really useful archive (which I already searched), than the really active community this one is-- but hey, I'll give it a try.

Thank you for the link though. It was a nice idea.

I guess the short answer from your link is that there is no way of finding what I'm looking for on the net-- as that thread search doesn't have any sheets or towels or fabric, and only has the same T-shirts for 20$ ea that I saw on ebay.

Any one else have any good online stores or such to recommend?

P.S. My apologies, but I don't know how to move threads to other forums. I just started one there instead.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Topic moved to Retail.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:37 pm Reply with quote
you're not gonna find any new Ghibli merchandise under 20 dollars. your best bet is to check ebay or something.

why don't you you just her a Totoro Blanket? why does it have to be chpped up?
Yoshball

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:36 am Reply with quote
I think your best bet for making a Totoro blanket is to buy printer fabric, find a good scan of Totoro online, print in on the fabric and sew it on the blanket. A package of about ten sheets of fabric paper costs about $20, are at most office supplies shops, and should work with lasar or inkjet printers.

In fact, several fabric places will do high quality picture printing onto fabric, but I have no idea how expensive that is, though I assume its a pretty penny.
Steve Berry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:54 am Reply with quote
This last idea is not such a bad one-- of having a photo printed on a sheet using fabric paper (something I didn't know about before).... I'll have to look into it more.

As for just getting the child a blanket-- if I could, I would. But I haven't been able to find even that. Nada. No blankets anywhere on the web. If one could be found, I'ld love for someone to let me know where I could get it. The reason is was going to be "chopped up" was to make it into a quilt, which might have had squares of other pictures or things, thus not making the whole blanket a Totoro thing.

As for ebay, as before-- I already checked it. The prices are the same. Which is simply perhaps the way it is-- I was just hoping it might cost a bit less.

Thanks for the help, to both of you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1