• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! - Window Addressing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:58 pm Reply with quote
The ability to discuss yaoi in peace without the whiny bitching of yuri fans.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:00 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
The ability to discuss yaoi in peace without the whiny bitching of yuri fans.

Where? No, seriously. This is insane.

HAVE YOU NOT FIGURED OUT THAT YURI FANS WOULD PREFER THE BOYS TO PAIR UP WITH EACH OTHER AND VICE VERSA!?

Holy shit. Where the hell did you ever have a chance to "discuss yaoi in peace" that is now being disrupted by hordes of yuri fans?

/a/? Because thats serious [expletive] bullshit. I was posting on /a/ back before you measured your age in double digits and it was never anything like what you seem to be suggesting.

So give us some links to back up your ridiculous accusations.
Kastel

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:01 am Reply with quote
[god i am a dumbass for writing slurs]

Last edited by Kastel on Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:11 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
I was posting on /a/ back before you measured your age in double digits

Oh come on man why do you have to make it so easy
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:17 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
I was posting on /a/ back before you measured your age in double digits

Oh come on man why do you have to make it so easy

Zac. I've had this account I'm posting with right now since he was ten. I was posting on /a/ before even that. This is purely a matter of numbers and Chagen's continued use of /a/ as an all purpose boogeyman for whatever imagined oppression he's suffering at the moment.

Of course you don't like /a/. Hell, I don't even [expletive] like /a/. That doesn't change the fact that I'm pretty well versed in what its like and I'm going to call him on his bullshit.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:45 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

Ugh, yuri has already stolen so much from us yaoi fans, do you really have to steal our main demographic too? Christ.

Do you realize how utterly nuts statements like this sound? Yuri is "stealing" your demographic? Because it's impossible for women to like more than one thing, right? Women must like yaoi, and only yaoi.

You go on and on about yuri ruining things for you, but I just don't see how. Yuri and yaoi can both coexist, as separate shows or even in the same show. (A part of me is kind of hoping the final ending of Nyarko-san has a joint yuri/yaoi ending, though I do like Mahiro and Nyarko together.)

You talk about yuri fans bitching, but most of the recent bitching I've seen lately is from you, in multiple recent threads, complaining about everything and anything yuri and going on and on about how much you hate its fans. I don't go to 4chan much, though, so maybe /a/ really is just this vile den of yuri fans screaming at yaoi fans. But fencedude has a rather different description of it, and you know what? I don't exactly agree with fencedude a lot, but in this case, I trust his description of 4chan more than yours.

I have to wonder, when you see someone post something like "Boys kissing, gross!" or go into a long rant about how they hate yaoi fangirls, do you just automatically assume the poster must be a yuri fan?
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:52 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
feuerwerke wrote:

Actually, homophobia is the enemy.

Not detecting a facetious statement is also the enemy.

Nah, I could see that, but it was a good going off point for something that seemed like it needed addressed since we have people in here trying to claim yaoi and yuri are responsible for each other's problems lol.

I'm starting to think Chagen46 is proooobably a troll. I mean, really, whining about how hard it is to ship boys in otaku shows but doing so because "it's fun", refusing to believe that girls like yuri, whning that /cm/ and /y/ don't allow shota, etc? Prooobably a troll. I hope.

But yeah no yuri isn't "stealing" any demographic. Both genres have existed for roughly the same amount of time, and um. People can enjoy multiple genres, like fencedude pointed out.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:36 am Reply with quote
Probably gonna get some annoying replies from some users invovled with the thread. Might even get linked by Fencedude in his pile of pointless #shitANNsays hashtags on Twitter and take what I'm about to say out of context.

But what the hell, I'm saying it anyway. Between the whole yaoi fandom vs yuri fandom, I'd rather take the side that would want more shows presenting a homosexual couple going through all the good and bad in an actual relationship. Enough with the playful undertones and seeing potential relationships that just aren't there. Address actual homosexuality for once, I don't care what the genre is.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:47 am Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
Probably gonna get some annoying replies from some users invovled with the thread. Might even get linked by Fencedude in his pile of pointless #shitANNsays hashtags on Twitter and take what I'm about to say out of context.

Yeah, he loves taking things out of context so much that he links back to the post and thread in pretty much every single one of them. Same for when I do it; no need to take it out of context and often it's two much for one or two tweets anyway.

Quote:
But what the hell, I'm saying it anyway. Between the whole yaoi fandom vs yuri fandom, I'd rather take the side that would want more shows presenting a homosexual couple going through all the good and bad in an actual relationship. Enough with the playful undertones and seeing potential relationships that just aren't there. Address actual homosexuality for once, I don't care what the genre is.

So you're on the side of both? Good to hear.

Again, the whole "sides" thing in this is really [expletive] stupid, there shouldn't be any goddamned sides, yaoi and yuri aren't enemies.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:02 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:

Not quite. Let me clarify. I'm not really big on either yaoi or yuri (and it has nothing to do with how I feel about homosexuality in general. I just don't care for fanshippings/undertones, especially if they're not there, straight or gay). But if we're going to keep having yaoi and yuri in anime for any homosexuality, then quit playfully dancing around it is all I ask.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:06 am Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:

Not quite. Let me clarify. I'm not really big on either yaoi or yuri (and it has nothing to do with how I feel about homosexuality in general. I just don't care for fanshippings/undertones, especially if they're not there, straight or gay). But if we're going to keep having yaoi and yuri in anime for any homosexuality, then quit playfully dancing around it is all I ask.

Ok? And do you think we disagree?
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:15 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Ok? And do you think we disagree?

I don't know and I find honestly the way you act too exhausting for me to even care whether or not you agree with me. I just wanted to make the point I made regardless of what you or anyone else here thinks.

Last edited by Hypeathon on Sun May 12, 2013 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:44 am Reply with quote
@feuerwerke

Nah, chagen46 isn't trolling. He's been posting on ANN for a while now, and I've seen quite a few of his posts. And one thing I'll say for him is that I'm pretty sure he is sincere in what he is posting.

And to be honest, some of his earlier comments in this thread, about how yaoi fans have an unfair stigma attached to them by a lot of anime fans, are reasonable. I'm just not sure why he recently seems so fixated on the idea that yuri fans and yuri in general are the "enemy" and responsible for all that unfair stigma yaoi fans have.
icetea00

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:21 am Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
I'm just not sure why he recently seems so fixated on the idea that yuri fans and yuri in general are the "enemy" and responsible for all that unfair stigma yaoi fans have.

It's a fact that I've heard guys' comments like "yuri = hot, yaoi = gross" or they accept yuri but hate yaoi, etc far more often than the other way around made by the female fandom. It's hard not to make him think those who make the comments are yuri fanboys.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:35 am Reply with quote
Quote:
And to be honest, some of his earlier comments in this thread, about how yaoi fans have an unfair stigma attached to them by a lot of anime fans, are reasonable. I'm just not sure why he recently seems so fixated on the idea that yuri fans and yuri in general are the "enemy" and responsible for all that unfair stigma yaoi fans have.

Because most yuri fans are guys. Males have an unbalanced amount of influence in the anime fandom as a whole, and they've made it their goal to denigrate yaoi fans as much as they possibly can.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9