• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
HACK/SIGN

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metal goku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone heard of HACK/SIGN? I think it's pretty cool what are your opinion's on hack sign? "Well my opinion would be cool",I mean is'nt it anime.Can someone tell me if it's anime? I think it is I would appreciate it.

And when you post please give alot of detail and tell me some people's name's I know a couple of their name's. Sad
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Well well well another "great" topic from the mind of metal goku. Is .hack//Sign anime?! You gotta be joking. Of course its anime, what kind of stupid question is that?

Your opinion on it isn't very clear. Why do you think .hack//Sign is cool? If you want others to go into detail why don't you go into detail as well.

Well my opinion on it is that .hack//Sign is a very well done anime. From the animation, plot, story, characters and music this series is almost perfect in my mind. I say almost as even though this series is based off a rpg game there is little action throughout the series. This series is dialogue heavy which isn't too bad for me but will bore others that can't take the slow pace of the series. All in all .hack//Sign is one of my favourite series but I would highly recommend .hack//Legend of the Twilight as i've heard it is just as good if not better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
metal goku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Cool and who honestly would you pick as your favourite character? I would pick the boy with the staff.Don't realy know their name's Laughing .

Oh and ichikog9 can you tell me some of their name's like my favourite character. And one more thing do you now YTV well they should show it their but it doesn't go on air any more strange would you mind telling me why. Confused

And if you now why mind telling me were they show it more Wink
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Metal Goku, do you play video games? I don't, but did you know .hack//sign is based on a video game you can interact with? That means you can become a character, like Tsukasa, the boy with the staff, and make him do all kind of things. You need to play the games, then you'll know everything there is about .hack// ! Cool! BTW you'll find the anime at all good DVD retail shops, and rental facilities on line, and some rubbish ones as well. Wink

Last edited by Mohawk52 on Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:01 pm Reply with quote
metal goku wrote:
Cool and who honestly would you pick as your favourite character? I would pick the boy with the staff.Don't realy know their name's Laughing .

Use its Encyclopedia entry to learn the names of characters. This "boy with staff" is most likely to be Tsukasa.

metal goku wrote:
And one more thing do you now YTV well they should show it their but it doesn't go on air any more strange would you mind telling me why. Confused

As far as I know, there's no YTV representative stationed at ANN, so please ask them directly.

metal goku wrote:
And when you post please give alot of detail and tell me some people's name's I know a couple of their name's. Sad

Why should we?

You could watch YTV, so I suppose that you are either a native English speaker or, at very least, have to use English everyday in most aspects of your life. We spent our own time and tried to give you examples and instruct you ways to improve your writing skills. Yet, I don't see any of these methods has worked.

Please, either lurk a few more weeks and examine and learn others' examples carefully, or leave. ANN is not suitable for you in your current state. Right now your mere presence on this forum makes me less willing to participate.

Last question: how old are you?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:15 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Last question: how old are you?

Probably some 13-year-old n00b or Pokemon freak. That or some jock who hates anime and is just trying to piss us off.
metal goku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Last question: how old are you?[/quote]

I'm 13 and well english is my second language I read the rule's and it said if english is you'r second language say so well I do speak russian and from israel I try to write how you guy's write but I can't I'm sorry. Crying or Very sad

And one more question what game is it based on Confused
Iemander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Relax people, he's not trying to offend anyone. I can somewhat understand his position, not being native english, I joined a message board at the age of 12, 9 years ago. Now I can write English reasonably well, but I definitely took my time and I probably started off in the same way Metal Goku here did.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:45 pm Reply with quote
metal goku wrote:
Why .hack// of course. It's also the game's title. Wink
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:47 pm Reply with quote
metal goku wrote:
The anime and game is based on MMORPG (massively (or massive) multiplayer online role-playing game) games, like Final Fantasy 11 and World of Warcraft. The game, that is the current four part series, is offline, but there are plans to take the game online.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
metal goku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Ok thank's guy's for telling me that And 1 more question who's the main villiain? Confused And doe's hack://sign still go on air? And if the main villian goe's bye bye "who would you make as next for the main villian from all the anime's from Inuyasha seshoamru or naruko.

If you have any thought's please do say so ok.
Iemander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:37 pm Reply with quote
metal goku wrote:
Ok thank's guy's for telling me that And 1 more question who's the main villiain? Confused And doe's hack://sign still go on air? And if the main villian goe's bye bye "who would you make as next for the main villian from all the anime's from Inuyasha seshoamru or naruko.

Translation: Ok, thanks guys for telling me that. One more question, could you tell me about the main villain? And does .hack/sign still air on TV?

Sidenote: When the main villain dissapears, who would make a good next villain from all these popular shounen animes? (Inuyasha, Seshomaru, Naruto)

PS: The 's at the end of a word is basically short for "Is".

He's = He is

It's = It is

Whenever you see a ' at the end of a word, the letters behind it are short of another word. Like

You're = You are

etc

You use a regular s in a pural, like
the pural of Guy : Guys

(Got that Steven)

Thought : Thoughts

Last edited by Iemander on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
metal goku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Iemander wrote:
metal goku wrote:

Translation: Ok, thanks guys for telling me that. One more question, could you tell me about the main villain? And does .hack/sign still air on TV?

Sidenote: When the main villain dissapears, who would make a good next villain from all these popular shounen animes? (Inuyasha, Seshomaru, Naruto)

PS: The 's at the end of a word is basically short for "Is".

He's = He is

It's = It is

Whenever you see a ' at the end of a word, the letters behind it are short of another word. Like

You're = You are

etc

You use a regular s in a pural, like
the pural of Guy : Guys

Anime : Animes

Thought : Thoughts

Got it thank's and know about my question Rolling Eyes

Oh and is their www.HACK:SIGN.com ? Exclamation Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Ok time to answer metal goku's questions.

Ughhh..........

Yes YTV is still airing it though they are on like episode 24 or 25. Though I believe YTV is only gonna give it one running, I don't think they'll give it a second one like Gundam SEED.

Characters characters:

Tsubasa, Wave Master - Your favourite character
Mimiru, Warrior (or is she a different class) - Girl in red armour (if you can call that armour)
Bear, Warrior - The half blue guy who is barely clothed.
B.T, Wave Master - Blonde haired women
Subaru, Heavy Axe - Girl with blue hair, giant axe and wings on her back
Sora, Twin Blade/Player Killer????? - Creepy dude with green hair and purple outfit
Crim, Spearman - Also known as crimson lightning, dude with the spear, tall spikey hair, open shirt.
Silver Knight, Moderator??? - Dude in dog helmet, crimson uniform, really crap at fighting, suckup to Subara
Helba, Hacker - ???????????????????????????????????????
Aura, A.I - Girl that floats over the bed.

Last edited by IchigoK90 on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Subaru, Wave Master??? - Girl with blue hair, giant axe and wings on her back
Sora, Player Killer????? - Creepy dude with green hair and purple outfit
Crim, Warrior??? - Also known as crimson lightning, dude with the spear, tall spikey hair, open shirt.

Subaru's character is called a Heavy Axe, Crim's character is called a Spearman, and Sora would be to the best of my knowledge a Twin Blade. The terminology is all in the game and I played the first one.

.hack//Sign isn't a sequal to the video games. If anything, it could either be called a prequal or a side story of the games. The enemy is never really clearly shown and the show wasn't really about destroying the enemy of the game anyway. It was about solving the mystery of Tsukasa and trying to get him out of the game. The real sequal to the video game would be .hack//Legend of Twilight Bracelet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2