• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2011 FMA Film, Onigamiden, Priest Trailers Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
britata348 wrote:
The FMA movie should be interesting. I hope its better than the last one...

Considering that the second best scene in Conquerors of Shamballa is the opening I don't think it's going to be that hard. I mean CoS main villains where 1,000 Thule Society Zombies in suits of armor when the heroes where a world war II level army[/spoiler]

"Thule Society Zombies" weren't the villains of CoS. The tide of the times and small minded fear and prejudice was the "villain". It's a thematic work, not an action one.

CoS was a solid movie. Not perfect, but certainly worthwhile.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Already had my tickets to Japan booked for this summer when they announced the FMA movie release date. ITS GONNA BE AWESOME Very Happy

Now, if I could just schedule another trip this winter for the K-ON! movie... Confused
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The official Facebook account for Scott Stewart's loose live-action adaptation of the Korean manhwa Priest began streaming a new preview on March 17. Hyung Min-woo created the original manhwa that Tokyopop released in North America. The trailer features Paul Bettany as the titular priest Ivan Isaacs, Cam Gigandet as Sheriff Hicks, Maggie Q as the Priestess, Lily Collins as Isaacs' kidnapped niece Lucy, and Karl Urban as Black Hat.

Huh, i'd figure DJ Milky weasel his way into the trailer at least, let alone give himself a semi-prominent role.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I didn't like the first FMA movie much, so the new one can't be worse than that (I hope ^^' ).
I love the character designs and the animation so far, though.

And Onigamiden looks promising! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nephtis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Adding Onigamiden to my watch list. I could be very wrong but it's the first upcoming title I've seen in a fair while that looks promising; especially one that's outside the Ghibli/Hosoda/etc crowd.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:28 pm Reply with quote
More Larc En Ciel makes me happy. Looking forward to the movie too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2