• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
CHat complains aobut wrong username,log on in lowercase

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zippydsm
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:40 am Reply with quote
CHat complains aobut wrong username,log on in lowercase then spits me out..my name has capitals in it is this a bug or soemthing? I am doing soemthign worng aint I? I just clikc on the chat link it laods up says that then dumps me Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Zippydsm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:56 am Reply with quote
what is my grammer so bad uu dont want me in the chat ?? Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:00 pm Reply with quote
ZippyDSM wrote:
what is my grammer so bad uu don't want me in the chat ?? Razz

Yup, but that's not what's keeping you from getting in.

The IRC (chat) server doesn't like the capitals in your name. The server operators (with whom ANN is not affiliated) have decided that people with a lot of uppercase letters in their name are probably not the kind of people they want on their IRC network.

To be honest, 9 times out of 10, they're probably right.

But they gave no thought to the issue of people connecting from ANN that can't simply go into config and change the name they log in with (and nor should they have considered this issue, what goes on at ANN isnt their problem).

If you want I'll change your forum name to lower case.

Do try to do something about your "grammar" most of it looks like typos rather than grammar, there's no reason you can't read & fix what you write before you hit the submit button.

-t
Zippydsm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:58 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was somethign as simpe as that,I can change my name no problem it should effect my standings/stats ,but even if it dose I need to rant and rave about anime :3

as for the grammer and spelling I am learnign disabiled I try and fix it but soemtiems the rush of infoermeation in my head demans it be posted befor a spell checker has tiem to get to it,but I am trying,I dotn mind the ocasional boot to the ehad it means i am slacking on my job not to drive pll insance trying to figure out what I am saying.*L*

TO bad firefoxs spell checker exsteion like the spell checker in thunderbird dosent work otherwise I would use it ><

yes please lowercase me :3
Zippydsm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:12 pm Reply with quote
I am going to ask a stupid question forgive me Razz

Do ou think ambye whenever they update the forum or email alerts to topics that they could put the NAME of the thread in the email?
Looking at justthe numbers and links is annoying..altho sicne I am on dailup prehaps I am in the few that find the no name alerts to be annoying 0-o
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:08 pm Reply with quote
ZippyDSM wrote:
as for the grammer and spelling I am learnign disabiled I try and fix it but soemtiems the rush of infoermeation in my head demans it be posted befor a spell checker has tiem to get to it,but I am trying,I dotn mind the ocasional boot to the ehad it means i am slacking on my job not to drive pll insance trying to figure out what I am saying.*L*

Noted. I've made sure no one bothers you about spelling and grammar again.

I appreciate you trying your best.

Quote:

TO bad firefoxs spell checker exsteion like the spell checker in thunderbird dosent work otherwise I would use it ><

I use Google Toolbar, it works wonders... provided I remember to use it.

Quote:
yes please lowercase me :3

Done.

-t
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Zippydsm wrote:
Do you think, maybe, whenever they update the forum or email alerts to topics, they could put the NAME of the thread in the email?

When we update it, maybe.

But I have no idea when we're next going to do updates to the forum. It's a mosnter to work on with so many modifications as it is.

It's a goo idea though.

-t
Zippydsm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Hey its something to add to the list of neat things to do after you figure out how to update it *L*

its something I cant quite keep track of posts and threads when I get 6 or 7 notifies and they are pretty blank on what post to what thread 0-o but that means I'll have to limit how many threads I rant in *L*
I am real bad about rambling and not proof reading my spots before posting >< I donut mind comments on gramme hell sometimes I wonder WTF did I type *L* so google tool bar as a spell checker I need to check it out,I love thunderbirds realtime checker.

Altho the checker has a down side it can spell google and a few other net friendly words 0-o
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1