• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Acen 2006 lack of Japanese guests

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrfood

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:14 pm Reply with quote
The Acen concom needs to get it's head out of it's ass. It's about a month to the con and ACen has only one japanese guest. Why does the concom take so long in making guest anccouncements?
thebaron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:37 pm Reply with quote
If they are going to have more japanese guests, then they will announce them. You have consider that the Guest Relations Staff has to find a willing and available guest, so you might have to book other guests that you did not consider originally.

It is a time consuming and expensive process, which the con must handle carefully and not jump the gun and announce a guest that has not signed a formal contract to attend.
aluria

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:42 pm Reply with quote
You need to also consider the fact that Japanese Guests aren't always within budget. How big is Acen? How old is it? Anime Evolution is entering its 4th year with a projected attendance of 3800 and is getting its first Japanese guests this year. There is also the fact of timing, are guests available that weekend?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
XCTU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Acen is like, the 3rd or 4th biggest con in the states, with prolly at least 15000 people coming this year.

THey have 3 Japanese guests announced.
http://www.acen.org/2006/guests.html

Unfortunately, one is a kids book/comics writer or something, one is a Japanese all girl trio (TsuShiMaMiRe), and the last one is a comics writer thats done (among other things) "Call Me Princess, Aquarium, Princess Prince and Let's Stay Together Forever."

So no Voice Actresses/Actors, no writers or producers of big series. Kind of a disappointment to me, but what can one do?

http://www.acen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5124

There's the past guests this convention has had. With it only getting bigger, its sad to see the number of Japanese guests go down to only three. Especially with guests like Ken Akamatsu in 2002, Chiwa Saito (person#13834) and a BUNCH of others.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1