• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Char, Grilled

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agila61

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Charlene feels she's levelled up over the year ~ hell, if its on enthusiasm, I reckon she's over 9,000.
machetecat

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Psycho_Despair wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
I'm sorry if this is inappropriate, but...

Charlene is so goddamn moe! The way she gushes over her shows and talks about giving 150% is so....GAH!

MOE!? How can someone be so moe? Please explain that to me.

I like the new opening song but I kinda miss the old one, I found the reggae one very relaxing Cool
From my understanding, calling someone "moe" doesn't mean that they are like a moe character, but that the person is "moe" to the one saying that.

From what I can tell, moe is that feeling where something is so....... fluffy? Cute? idk. It's that feeling when your chest tightens from "luv" and you just wanna squeal a little bit. I think that's what they mean by Char being "so moe!"
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:16 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Psycho_Despair wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:

Charlene is so goddamn moe! The way she gushes over her shows and talks about giving 150% is so....GAH!

She is moe because she makes me feel moe over her moeness. So, instead of saying something that sounds really creepy like "Charlene makes me feel so moe that my moe meter has erupted and burst into a huge flaming moe fire that makes K-ON look like a spark when you clap two rocks together", I just said she herself was moe.

I bet you're regretting asking that question right about now, aren't ya? Or do you have any moe questions? Anime exclamation

I think I still don't understand the way your using the word "moe" but in the same time I do because I get moments like that but with reading hot-blooded manga, like Blazing Transfer Student. AHHH!!! Now I feel pumped-up!!! lol
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Who can forget such classic Gainax Masterpieces such as Corpse Princess, He is My Master, Petite Princess Yucie, and Melody of Oblivion. The milking scene in Melody of Oblivion is an amazing parody of a perverted anime. I think I have made my feelings on Panty and Stocking clear (it sucks).

From what I have seen Charlene Ingram is probably the best brand manager Funimation has simply because of how much work, and love she puts into it. I wish she would get to be the brand manager of a project that I love.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
I think I have made my feelings on Panty and Stocking clear (it sucks).

You've conjugated incorrectly. It should be they suck spoiler[penises. Lots of them. Especially Panty.]
jrnemanich

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:58 pm Reply with quote
I miss the reggae Sad
opn

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:03 pm Reply with quote
nice ann cast. i like the new theme more then the old so no complaints for me Smile. i agree with knight panty and stocking does suck but i can see why people like it.
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:18 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Psycho_Despair wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:

She is moe because she makes me feel moe over her moeness. So, instead of saying something that sounds really creepy like "Charlene makes me feel so moe that my moe meter has erupted and burst into a huge flaming moe fire that makes K-ON look like a spark when you clap two rocks together", I just said she herself was moe.

I bet you're regretting asking that question right about now, aren't ya? Or do you have any moe questions? Anime exclamation

...Dude. You gotta stop right there. Besides, how can 3D be moe?
CareyGrant

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:
I think I have made my feelings on Panty and Stocking clear (it sucks).

You've conjugated incorrectly. It should be they suck spoiler[penises. Lots of them. Especially Panty.]

O the Whorish Hilarity! (insert boisterous Victorian-era belly laugh) I never quite saw the humor/appeal in the "gosh I am -you are- such a gi-normous whore! Waka Waka Waka!"

Have fun with yer HIV, Hepatitis C and Herpes (to say the very least).

Any coincidence that the mega-slut is a "natural" blonde? A commentary on, or the Japanese perception of Western women, perhaps? Just a thought.

I'd be interested to see how they cast it and how the dub turns out.

Who's gonna be Garterbelt? Does Funi have a Ving Rhames/Samuel L Jackson/Micheal Clark Duncan/Kevin Devrioux on tap? Garterbelt needs some soul! I would say the cat who played Dutch from Black Lagoon, but... he's in another studio elsewhere.

I'm pleased to hear Funi's doing well -even if I thought Eden was a very pretty to look, but ultimately avg. show- but what about House of Five Leaves and Tatami Galaxy? When might we see those?

Spice & Wolf II? YES! Love that show--bring on the economics!

LOVE the New Division intro! As a huge New Order, Depeche Mode fan-- I HEART New Wave music. Totally BOSS!
dizzon

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:57 am Reply with quote
I was never really interested in Summer Wars prior to this ANNCast, but hearing the passion in Charlene's voice when talking about it I have to say I'm motivated like never before to actually watch it. Her enthusiasm is infectious.

Zac, where's Justin? No offense, love hearing you but I needs my Justin fix as well. ANNCast sans one of you feels incomplete.
toyNN

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:15 am Reply with quote
Too funny... the NSFW warning cracked me up by itself.. now I see there was a backstory for it too. Yeah about the exact opposite as the language from last weeks show...
Thanks for another great show!
Quote:
NSFW Language Warning: Given our guest this week, you are more likely to hear the faint sound of a unicorn giggling than a swear word.

Zac wrote:
Mad_Scientist wrote:
Quote:
NSFW Language Warning: This episode has more swearing in it than probably any other we've done. Cover your virgin ears.

I think you printed the warning from last week again by mistake, ANN. In fact, I haven't finished listening to the podcast yet, but I have so far not heard a single swear word that I can recall.

Hahahaha. Whoops, yeah, you're right.
Racheldoublemm

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:18 am Reply with quote
Giggling unicorn?....Could not have said it any better myself!!

Char is such an outstanding individual and gives so much love to her career that you can hardly call what she's doing a job. It's her life and she lives it so well. Very Happy

Awesome show, and EFF YEAH PRINCESS JELLYFISH.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:51 am Reply with quote
Haters gonna hate, I really enjoyed Panty & Stocking. There's no reason to stick to the Japanese on this one, in fact stay as far away as possible. Hell even the Japanese don't think this show should be Japanese.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:19 am Reply with quote
It's a shame Summer Wars didn't catch a nomination. Personally, I had some problems with it. It's great looking to be sure but there are some definite issues with the rest. Still, it's always good for anime to get something nominated and hey, there's plenty of anime that deserved it in the past but either wasn't eligible or just wasn't chosen.

Credit where credit is due: The packaging on Summer Wars was quite lovely. You guys did a great job with it.

So...I love all my titles equally, I just love some of them more equally than others?

Please STOOOOOP with the BD/DVD combos. Or at least spring for some BD cases. Having BDs in DVD cases is just an absolute, massive pain in the ass for me as they won't fit on my BD shelf.

I love chip board boxes. They're very nice. I don't really have any use for trinkets though. I mean, they're neat but I just don't know what to do with em. Little mini-figures are good though. I put it on my shelf with my other figures.

I'll be surprised if Funimation doesn't end up with Blue Exorcist and Deadman Wonderland. It's also nice that this season's NoitaminA show is probably a given for a physical release so I won't have to worry about it getting tangled up in licensing hell like some of their past streams.

I don't know what a "giant money hat" is exactly but I would very much like to have one.

Oh thank god. That NoitaminA deal is dead. That's a huge relief. Now hopefully we'll see more on Crunchyroll.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:13 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Haters gonna hate, I really enjoyed Panty & Stocking. There's no reason to stick to the Japanese on this one, in fact stay as far away as possible. Hell even the Japanese don't think this show should be Japanese.

Or the show you know just sucks. I am sorry but there are much better comedies out there with smarter writing that doesn't need to scrape the barrel to actually make people laugh.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5