• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bayonetta Game Gets Anime Film by Gonzo in November

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ulinox

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:34 am Reply with quote
Getting a Hellsing feel from that trailer. Meh, I'll probably watch it sooner or later.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:42 am Reply with quote
I'm sure it'll be sit-throughable, but I'm not holding my breath that it'll actually be a good film. Afro Samurai was a nice watch, but that's all it was – visuals.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:42 am Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
You're examples miss something. No one wants Bayonetta 2. It's the reason Nintendo got it. Sega was unwilling to publish and the project was dead.

Platnium has no leverage here either.

EA, EA is a company people will listen to. I'm pretty sure when they bought Bioware there were liscene negations with MS about ME 1 and I doubt MS ever owned the rights. It was bound to come to PC just like another MS published Bioware game, Jade Empire.

With Goldeneye the entire remake was a work around to begin with. Nintendo would not allow an HD port of the N64 game, but probably can't say no to one of the biggest publishers when they say "we're going to make a new game, but I guess will have a limited exclusivity deal". Besides, it's Activision who owns the Bond liscene and it was never a 2nd party game like Bayo is.

That's thing, Bayo 2 is a Nintendo game and Nintendo is notiirious with locking down its crap. Platnium is probably more than happy as well, they get to stay open.

You're examples with Ninja Gaiden don't work. Beyond pulling a Capcom with adding a title to get around whatever exclusive deal(NG2 is only on Xbox *wink*). Temco is still the publisher of thier games and they decide where they go for the most part. Platnium isn't and when Bayo 2 bombs I really doubt any publisher would want it if they could.

Well I'm still skeptic of the Bayonetta 2 on Wii U exclusive. I still think it's timed exclusive, Nintendo didn't bought the Bayonetta IP, nor bought out Platinum Game. Also I guess you missed the part where I mention Gears of War is under question from PS owners because MS doesn't own the Gears series despite being published by the same company, and Epic Game has said they wanted to bring Gears to Playstation implying it could come to PS3/PS4 in the future. Also Nintendo and Activision lied that Goldeneye was Wii exclusive and said no PS3/360 port, yet now it's already on PS3 and 360. The Ninja Gaiden example work because Ninja Gaiden is owned by Tecmo yet NG2 was published by MS, so how do you know that SEGA still own Bayonetta IP yet allowed Nintendo to publish the 2nd game for Wii U?, Nintendo published Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge for Wii U and people said that version would never get a PS3/360 release, yet it ended up on PS3/360 a year later. So how are you so sure Bayonetta 2 is not timed exclusive, it's possible that Nintendo could be pulling a Microsoft on us. Maybe people didn't learn from the past, and just probably became delusional with their fanboyism.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Well this should be fun. Getting back the original english cast is gonna be a nightmare though. Laughing

They can probably get everyone except Helena Taylor. I think she moved back to the U.K.?
Divineking

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:30 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
You're examples miss something. No one wants Bayonetta 2. It's the reason Nintendo got it. Sega was unwilling to publish and the project was dead.

EA, EA is a company people will listen to. I'm pretty sure when they bought Bioware there were liscene negations with MS about ME 1 and I doubt MS ever owned the rights. It was bound to come to PC just like another MS published Bioware game, Jade Empire.

With Goldeneye the entire remake was a work around to begin with. Nintendo would not allow an HD port of the N64 game, but probably can't say no to one of the biggest publishers when they say "we're going to make a new game, but I guess will have a limited exclusivity deal". Besides, it's Activision who owns the Bond liscene and it was never a 2nd party game like Bayo is.

That's thing, Bayo 2 is a Nintendo game and Nintendo is notiirious with locking down its crap. Platnium is probably more than happy as well, they get to stay open.

You're examples with Ninja Gaiden don't work. Beyond pulling a Capcom with adding a title to get around whatever exclusive deal(NG2 is only on Xbox *wink*). Temco is still the publisher of thier games and they decide where they go for the most part. Platnium isn't and when Bayo 2 bombs I really doubt any publisher would want it if they could.

Well I'm still skeptic of the Bayonetta 2 on Wii U exclusive. I still think it's timed exclusive, Nintendo didn't bought the Bayonetta IP, nor bought out Platinum Game. Also I guess you missed the part where I mention Gears of War is under question from PS owners because MS doesn't own the Gears series despite being published by the same company, and Epic Game has said they wanted to bring Gears to Playstation implying it could come to PS3/PS4 in the future. Also Nintendo and Activision lied that Goldeneye was Wii exclusive and said no PS3/360 port, yet now it's already on PS3 and 360. The Ninja Gaiden example work because Ninja Gaiden is owned by Tecmo yet NG2 was published by MS, so how do you know that SEGA still own Bayonetta IP yet allowed Nintendo to publish the 2nd game for Wii U?, Nintendo published Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge for Wii U and people said that version would never get a PS3/360 release, yet it ended up on PS3/360 a year later. So how are you so sure Bayonetta 2 is not timed exclusive, it's possible that Nintendo could be pulling a Microsoft on us. Maybe people didn't learn from the past, and just probably became delusional with their fanboyism.

Your the one being delusional here dude. Every time Platinum was asked about it they said it's staying Wii U exclusive. Not to mention it's silly to compare an upgraded port to something like this. Unless Nintendo was REALLY desperate for extra cash(and their sitting on billions that suggest otherwise) it's staying Wii U exclusive. That's it. End of story. Either buy a Wii U if you want the game or get over it.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:

Your the one being delusional here dude. Every time Platinum was asked about it they said it's staying Wii U exclusive. Not to mention it's silly to compare an upgraded port to something like this. Unless Nintendo was REALLY desperate for extra cash(and their sitting on billions that suggest otherwise) it's staying Wii U exclusive. That's it. End of story. Either buy a Wii U if you want the game or get over it.

Thank God someone is smart.

Dude Like i and PG from Platinum games says ask Nintendo for Bayo to be multiplat and while your at it ask for Mario, Zelda and Donkey Kong. Or make it easy on yourself and get the Wii U there are and will be plenty of other amazing games to play on it aswell..

To the one guy that said EA will listen... Dude What world do you live in?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Seeing as the Wii U is selling like a lava lamp in 2013 I guess no one will play Bayonetta 2. Sad.
terminus24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm buying a Wii U next week just so I'll have it when Bayonetta 2 comes out. That, and I really want the Zelda-themed Wii U before they're all gone...
Divineking

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Seeing as the Wii U is selling like a lava lamp in 2013 I guess no one will play Bayonetta 2. Sad.

Well since games are FINALLY coming for it there may be hope...
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:

No, I had many experiences with "exclusives" I can tell this is a timed exclusive. The Bayonetta 2 Wii-U exclusive is similar to Goldeneye on Wii that ended up on PS3/360, Mass Effect 1 which ended up on PS3, and maybe Gears of War ending up getting a Playstation 3/4 port in the future. I don't think you have a lot of experiences with exclusives, just because Nintendo published and helped with Bayonetta 2 doesn't mean it'll be permanently exclusive on Wii U. Nintendo published Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, yet that game ended up getting a PS3/360 port.

-Mass Effect 1 had help from Microsoft and MS publish it, and guess what happen later, Mass Effect 1 which Microsoft helped with ended up on PS3 5 years later.

-Same thing for Goldeneye, Nintendo helped with that and it got ported to PS3/360 as Goldeneye: Reloaded. One notceable differences between the 360/PS3 and the Wii version: The Wii version had Time Trials for the Wii version, that was removed for the PS3/360 version and replaced with MI6 Ops, why remove Time Trials for the PS3/360 version of Goldeneye??

Until I'm proven wrong, Bayonetta 2 on Wii U is timed exclusive in my eye and I do expect a PS4/Xbox One port in the future. I have many experiences with exclusives after seeing Goldeneye, Mass Effect 1, Star Ocean 4, and Ninja Gaiden 2 losing their "exclusivity" and got ported on another console. Last time, I check Nintendo doesn't own the Bayonetta IP, Nintendo didn't even bought out Platinum Studio. So this make Bayonetta 2 on Wii U timed exclusive. I'm not going to buy the Wii U just to play Bayonetta 2, I know this is timed exclusive so it's going to end up getting a PS4/Xbox One. If Gears of War ends up getting a PS3/PS4 port, that's going to raise more questions about Bayonetta 2 on Wii U. The day I hear the announcement Bayonetta 2 get a PS4/Xbox One port will be the day people that said Bayonetta 2 will never get a Xbox One/PS4 port will look like idiot for not studying past exclusives that no longer became exclusives.

Sorry for going off topic but I don't think people have look back at past exclusives that no longer became exclusive anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Bayonetta anime? HELL YEAH!!!!!
By GONZO.... GODDAMN IT!!!!

The studio I despise the most, at it again. No, I will never forgive them for R+V.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Also I guess you missed the part where I mention Gears of War is under question from PS owners because MS doesn't own the Gears series despite being published by the same company, and Epic Game has said they wanted to bring Gears to Playstation implying it could come to PS3/PS4 in the future.
I did'nt miss it, I ignored it because it's pointless.

That article is from 2011 for Christ sakes. It did'nt happen and it won't. Jesus Judgement has come out since, It may on the PS4 , but that dosen't count. How many exclusives were later ported a gen later. Lots. It's all talk.

You're other points are just as faulty. You refuse to add context to them, you're just going "OHH NOT EXCLUSIVE ANYMORE". I mean lets actually look at them.

Quote:
Also Nintendo and Activision lied that Goldeneye was Wii exclusive and said no PS3/360 port, yet now it's already on PS3 and 360.
No they did't, they just did'nt want to announce ports while the game they want you to buy is out. Also I'm pretty sure Activision does not equal Nintendo and you know what Activison dosen't have a precedent of making exclusive titles. Who you know who does? Nintendo.

Actually that should defeat you're argument right now.

Give me enough to prove Nintendo 2nd party titles have a precedent of later appearing on third part platforms? Oh they don't, not even The Twin Snakes...

I mean thats enough to defeat you're argument. But I mean lets ignore that the reason Goldeneye Remake happen in the first place is because Nintendo would not actually allow the Rare N64 game to be ported. I mean there's another great example of Nintendo locking down their stuff, but ignore it please.

Quote:
The Ninja Gaiden example work because Ninja Gaiden is owned by Tecmo yet NG2 was published by MS
No it dosen't. Ninja Gaiden 2 is still exclusive to Xbox. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 isn't. It's a "new game". Just like there's a Code Veronica X, why do you think there's an X?

Quote:
so how do you know that SEGA still own Bayonetta IP yet allowed Nintendo to publish the 2nd game for Wii U?
I don't know who owns the IP, but I doubt Sega wants anything to do with it. Otherwise they wouldn't have canceled the game or ended thier relationship with Platnium. Why do you think they treated Anarchy Reigns with disdain, because they were done with Platinum. They are not going to publish Bayo 2. They don't want it. No one wants it. Inaba has even said the series future is with Nintendo. If that dosen't sound like "hey were sticking with them" I'm not sure what else would.

Quote:
Nintendo published Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge for Wii U
Seriously? This is your proof. You do know that in Japan it's published by Temco.

Did you also know Sqaure allowed Ubisoft to publish Drakengard 2. Or that Deep Silver uses Sqaure to distrubute it's games thats why at some trade shows thier games appear in square booths. You know what this means? Nothing.

They allowed Nintendo to handle the marketing and whatnot for their unexlusive launch title in other markets. Oh noez. I guess that means everything Nintendo publishes is up for grabs.

Quote:
people said that version would never get a PS3/360 release, yet it ended up on PS3/360 a year later.
No one said that. Even from it's announcement there was talk of maybe a patch or something to also fix vanilla 3 on xbox and ps3.

Quote:
So how are you so sure Bayonetta 2 is not timed exclusive, it's possible that Nintendo could be pulling a Microsoft on us.
Because it never happens with Nintendo games and all your examples suck balls.
Quote:

No, I had many experiences with "exclusives" I can tell this is a timed exclusive.
Really because I doubt it? Because then you would not only know that pretty mch every Nintendo published game stays exclusive, but that a lot of exclusives stay that way as well. Hmm where's MGS4 on 360. Or AC6 on my PS3?

Quote:
The Bayonetta 2 Wii-U exclusive is similar to Goldeneye on Wii that ended up on PS3/360,
No it's not. I did'nt know Nintendo was a third party developer who likes to put there games on everything?

Quote:
Mass Effect 1 which ended up on PS3
No it's not. There's a big difference. BIOWARE WAS BOUGHT BY EA. Do you really not understand context here? They were bought by a big thrid party company and then did'nt even quickly get out PS3 versions of thier games. It took awhile for ME2 to show up and there was no ME1 yet. What does that tell you? Well I think it tells you that no PS3 version was ever in Bioware's mind until something big happen. Only later is ME1 ported and it's for a re-release that they make no big deal out of. Last time I checked, Bayo 2 is a new game. The situations are nothing a like.
Quote:
I don't think you have a lot of experiences with exclusives
No, I don't think you do.
Quote:
just because Nintendo published and helped with Bayonetta 2 doesn't mean it'll be permanently exclusive on Wii U.
Published, saved, funded, marketed, and created a relationship with the company. This is more then "oh can't get your game out here by launch and what us to give you some marketing and launch title hype, yeah well we will publish it in west, you just stick to Japan" as seen if your terrible NG3 example.
Quote:
I have many experiences with exclusives after seeing Goldeneye, Mass Effect 1, Star Ocean 4, and Ninja Gaiden 2 losing their "exclusivity" and got ported on another console.
No.

ME1-Only changed because another company bought them.

Star Ocean 4-Never exclusive, it dosen't even have the only on xbox tag on it.

Ninja Gaiden 2-Still exclusive.
Quote:
Last time, I check Nintendo doesn't own the Bayonetta IP, Nintendo didn't even bought out Platinum Studio. So this make Bayonetta 2 on Wii U timed exclusive.
Great logic. I guess this describes every exclusive ever. I guess Sony bought Konami, Sega, Square, ect ect...

oh wait...

Quote:
Sorry for going off topic but I don't think people have look back at past exclusives that no longer became exclusive anymore.
And when they do what will they see? That the number of games that stayed exclusive out-weigh you 3 or 4 terrible examples?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
How many exclusives were later ported a gen later. Lots. It's all talk.

uh, where were you when Ninja Gaiden 1 on Xbox got a PS3 port?

What about The Godfather: The game got a enhanced next-gen port a year later:

Rahxephon91 wrote:
No they did't, they just did'nt want to announce ports while the game they want you to buy is out. Also I'm pretty sure Activision does not equal Nintendo and you know what Activison dosen't have a precedent of making exclusive titles. Who you know who does? Nintendo.

It still lying under my view, Nintendo knew Goldeneye on Wii was going to get a 360/PS3 port. Now how do you know they're not hiding that Bayonetta 2 is timed exclusive.

Quote:
No it dosen't. Ninja Gaiden 2 is still exclusive to Xbox. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 isn't. It's a "new game". Just like there's a Code Veronica X, why do you think there's an X?

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 isn't a new game, it's a enhanced port under a different name so they can circumvent some exclusive restriction. Ninja Gaiden 2 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is the same game as in same story, same gameplay, the only thing differ is content for PS3 and 360 version. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is not a "new game". The same apply for Resident Evil: Code Veronica. Oh BTW: Why didn't RE4 on PS2 (which btw was a port of the Gamecube version) didn't get a rename on the title just like how RE: Code Veronica did when Code Veronica came to Gamecube?

Quote:
Seriously? This is your proof. You do know that in Japan it's published by Temco.

Yeah and you know how many people said that version will not see a PS3/360 port, and guess what it's now on PS3 and 360.

Quote:
Did you also know Sqaure allowed Ubisoft to publish Drakengard 2. Or that Deep Silver uses Sqaure to distrubute it's games thats why at some trade shows thier games appear in square booths. You know what this means? Nothing.

Yeah, and Square Enix publish Call of Duty for Activision in Japan, so what. I don't see how this is relevent.

Quote:
Really because I doubt it? Because then you would not only know that pretty mch every Nintendo published game stays exclusive, but that a lot of exclusives stay that way as well. Hmm where's MGS4 on 360. Or AC6 on my PS3?

I don't know why Ace Combat 6 never got a PS3 port. But about Metal Gear Solid 4 on 360, might want to read this. MGS4 could come to Xbox One in the future.

Quote:
No it's not. There's a big difference. BIOWARE WAS BOUGHT BY EA. Do you really not understand context here? They were bought by a big thrid party company and then did'nt even quickly get out PS3 versions of thier games. It took awhile for ME2 to show up and there was no ME1 yet. What does that tell you? Well I think it tells you that no PS3 version was ever in Bioware's mind until something big happen. Only later is ME1 ported and it's for a re-release that they make no big deal out of. Last time I checked, Bayo 2 is a new game. The situations are nothing a like.

You don't get the point do you? Mass Effect 1 was published by Microsoft, when EA bought Bioware, Microsoft released this statement after ME2 got ported to PS3 saying ME1 would remain exclusive to 360. 5 years after it's 360 debut, and 2 years after this statement is made Mass Effect 1 got a PS3 port. Answer me this: Why did it took so long for EA to get ME1 a PS3 port? Why didn't ME1 get ported immediately after EA bought out Bioware? Why did many people claimed that ME1 will never see a PS3 port until now? It's because MS has ME1 under the exclusive contract, after that contract end EA was allowed to port ME1 to PS3. How do you know Nintendo is not pulling a Microsoft on this one, it could be the first time Nintendo could do such a thing? Maybe Bayonetta 2 on Wii U is timed exclusive. Before ME1 got a PS3 port, did you ever rant "ME1 will never see a PS3 port" the same way you're claiming Bayonetta 2 wil never see a PS4/Xbox One port in the future?

Quote:
Published, saved, funded, marketed, and created a relationship with the company. This is more then "oh can't get your game out here by launch and what us to give you some marketing and launch title hype, yeah well we will publish it in west, you just stick to Japan" as seen if your terrible NG3 example.

I don't know how this is relevent.

Quote:
No.

ME1-Only changed because another company bought them.

Star Ocean 4-Never exclusive, it dosen't even have the only on xbox tag on it.

Ninja Gaiden 2-Still exclusive.

ME1-refer above about how MS said ME1 would remain 360 exclusive and 2 years later, it's on PS3.

Star Ocean 4-many people said that it will never get a PS3 release until a year after it's Xbox 360 release. When Star Ocean 4 came out first on 360, did you ever at any point rant and claim "Star Ocean 4 will never be on PS3" before it went to PS3 the same way you're saying Bayonetta 2 will never get a PS4/Xbox One release.

Ninja Gaiden 2-no it's not exclusive, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is the same game (story and gameplay is the same).

Quote:
Great logic. I guess this describes every exclusive ever. I guess Sony bought Konami, Sega, Square, ect ect...

oh wait...

I don't understand how is that relevent. Metal Gear Solid 4 will probably get a Xbox One port, Sega's Yakuza 1 and 2 are getting Wii U release, Final Fantasy 13 is on 360 also. I don't get this one what you're saying.

Quote:
And when they do what will they see? That the number of games that stayed exclusive out-weigh you 3 or 4 terrible examples?

I can add more:

Bioshock 1 "Only on 360 and PC" getting a PS3 port a year later.

Castle Crashers, a downloadable game came out (and published) on 360 first in 2008, didn't came to PS3 until 2010 and the PS3/PSN version is published by Sony themselves.

Again, until I don't see a PS4/Xbox One port of Bayonetta 2 and I'm proven wrong, then Bayonetta 2 on Wii U is timed exclusive.
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:48 pm Reply with quote
the animation itself looks fine, but I guess gonzo cant do action scenes so well...... hellsing did suck.... mostly.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
uh, where were you when Ninja Gaiden 1 on Xbox got a PS3 port?
Again, it's like you can't read.

1.It's called Ninja Gaiden Sigma. The Sigma games are seen as new games.

2. It was a next gen part. Those don't count. Unless you want to tell MGS3 wasn't a PS2 exclusive. Neither is Zone of the Enders 2. FFIV, nope get you're exclusivity revoked. No that's not how anyone sees it. Once the gen ends it dosen't matter.

Quote:

What about The Godfather: The game got a enhanced next-gen port a year later:
Huh? What are you trying to say. The Godfather was never exclusive...It came out on the Xbox same time it came out on the PS2.

Quote:
It still lying under my view, Nintendo knew Goldeneye on Wii was going to get a 360/PS3 port. Now how do you know they're not hiding that Bayonetta 2 is timed exclusive.
I don't know. GEE could it be the one is published by Nintendo and the other by the biggest 3rd party publisher? Nooo could'nt be.

Quote:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 isn't a new game
Actually thats how Team Ninja/Temco sees it. The orginal two games were Itagaki's games. The Sigma series was seen as games by Hayashi's team. Maybe you should actually read up on these things. Since Itagaki left with a chuck of his team this dosen't hold anymore, but when Sigima 1 and 2 came out there were seen as "new" games.

Quote:
it's a enhanced port under a different name so they can circumvent some exclusive restriction.
Um yes hence I said "new" and said they were pulling a Capcom. So then if you understand this, why keep saying NG2 is'nt exclusive because said right here they made a aub-series to get pass the problem of keeping thier games exclusive?

Quote:
Ninja Gaiden 2 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is the same game as in same story, same gameplay, the only thing differ is content for PS3 and 360 version. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is not a "new game".
Of course they are hence I said "new". If you already understand why they are called Sigma then you must understand this destroys your argument right?

Quote:
Yeah and you know how many people said that version will not see a PS3/360 port, and guess what it's now on PS3 and 360.
Yeah no one other then maybe very few Nintendo Fanboys. No one ever thought there wasn't going to be some update on the other consoles.

Quote:
Yeah, and Square Enix publish Call of Duty for Activision in Japan, so what. I don't see how this is relevent.
Um because it kind of says the companies let people publish thier games in other regions all the time. You're the one trying to make a big deal out of Nintendo publishing RE when it basically is just like Square and CoD. Actually thank you for bringing that up, it helps my point greatly.

Either this is nothing like Bayo 2.

Quote:
MGS4 could come to Xbox One in the future.
ok again, I don't partcially care if any exclusive comes to a next gen console. By the time that happens their relevancy has passed. Thats the point of exclusives to make you buy the system they are on when they come out and are current. If I waited until next gen then fine. Why you keep bringing up ports of exclusives that come out after the gen is over, I have no idea.

Quote:

You don't get the point do you?
No you don't get the point and these following points will only prove me right.

Quote:
Mass Effect 1 was published by Microsoft, when EA bought Bioware, Microsoft [url=http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/08/17/microsoft-responds-to-mass-effect-2-jumping-ship]released this statement after ME2 got ported to PS3 saying ME1 would remain exclusive to 360
Actually, thats not at all what they are saying.

They aren't saying it's going to remain exclusive. They don't know. They are saying right now and for the foreseeable future(the future of 2010) it's console exclusive to 360. It's simple spin damage and advertisement. "hey sure you could play it on PS3, but right now ME1 is only on xbox". That's all, it's not some offcial statement about anything.

Quote:
5 years after it's 360 debut, and 2 years after this statement is made Mass Effect 1 got a PS3 port.
Yes because I'm sure whoever said this was fully aware of what EA was doing. I doubt even Bioware knew they were going to do a ME1 port.

Quote:
Answer me this: [u]Why did it took so long for EA to get ME1 a PS3 port?
Well gee it couldn't be that Bioware was making ME3 or ME2 and did'nt have the time. That ME1 wasn't a priority right now. That the idea of some trilogy release(which was delayed on PS3 because they needed time to port) was probably hardly in planning. No, couldn't be. Those tales of rushed development on DA2 and ME3 aren't true, they had plenty of time to market, develop, and get out there a PS3 ME1.

Quote:
Why didn't ME1 get ported immediately after EA bought out Bioware?
No time.

Quote:
Why did many people claimed that ME1 will never see a PS3 port until now?
Because it seemed unlikly and Bioware was busy with other things, but if this is your proof then I laugh. Nintendo is'nt EA. Again where's the precedent for Nintendo to do this?

Quote:
It's because MS has ME1 under the exclusive contract,
Which explains why EA put out ME1 on PC pretty quickly. Oh wait it dosent.

Quote:
after that contract end EA was allowed to port ME1 to PS3
If what you're saying is true then actually yeah this proves my point. This only happen because of EA. Without EA buying them, there's very little chance that ME would have come to PS3. They were'nt even making ME2 for PS3 before EA bought them, that's why it came later. So unless someone buy's Platnium I doubt it. Hell Konami has never been able to realease TTS, so even then I doubt it.

Quote:
[i]How do you know Nintendo is not pulling a Microsoft on this one, it could be the first time Nintendo could do such a thing? Maybe Bayonetta 2 on Wii U is timed exclusive.
It is'nt. None of your points make any sense.

Quote:
I don't know how this is relevent.
You don't then why bring up that they published NG3?

Quote:
ME1-refer above about how MS said ME1 would remain 360 exclusive and 2 years later, it's on PS3.
Refer to how I said that was wrong and then proved my point that it only happen because a company bought them.
Quote:

Star Ocean 4-many people said that it will never get a PS3 release until a year after it's Xbox 360 release.
Random fourm post conjecture is not proof. Stop trying to say it is. It was never positioned by any company as exclusive. Thats a fact, I don't care what any random forum people said.

Quote:
way you're saying Bayonetta 2 will never get a PS4/Xbox One release.
DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT EVERY GAME YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT IS FROM A FREAKING THIRD PARTY PUBLISHER? YOU KNOW THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE MONEY OFF OF MULTI-PLATFORM GAMES?

BAYONETTA 2 IS NOT PUBLISHED BY A THIRD PARTY.

You're ME1 thing dosen't hold water, because had EA not bought them, it probably would not have come to PS3.

Quote:

I don't understand how is that relevent. Metal Gear Solid 4 will probably get a Xbox One port, Sega's Yakuza 1 and 2 are getting Wii U release, Final Fantasy 13 is on 360 also. I don't get this one what you're saying.
I don't care anymore.

But wait, you said you won't belive it until there's not PS4 or Xbone version. So I guess what you're saying is if we get to the end of those systems lifespans and there's no Bayo 2 on them, then it was Wii U exclusive right?

So why do you bring up Yakuza 1/2? Ninga Gaiden 1? Those games stayed exclusive until the next gen. Are you contraindicating yourself?

Anyway because you don't actually make sense anymore here's what you said:

Quote:
Last time, I check Nintendo doesn't own the Bayonetta IP, Nintendo didn't even bought out Platinum Studio. So this make Bayonetta 2 on Wii U timed exclusive.
You said because they don't own the IP or own them it makes it a timed exclusive.

So wait, is everything a timed exclusive? Whats the time limit because you flip glop between current gen and then every gen. IS Valkyrie Profile 2 a timed exclusive? Because according to your strange logic it is. Sony dosen't own the ip. If SE wants to port it to 3ds they could which I guess maybe to one of your points would mean it wasn't exclusive. Right? Because thats what you are saying.

Bayonetta 2 is never coming to another system. Deal with it.

Quote:

Again, until I don't see a PS4/Xbox One port of Bayonetta 2 and I'm proven wrong, then Bayonetta 2 on Wii U is timed exclusive.
And going by your idiotic examples, if it gets ported to PS5 it you will somehow think you're right.

I'm done. You're being stupid. By a Wii U or don't play it.

Last edited by Rahxephon91 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4