• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Live Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. SSS Commentary to Be Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:08 pm Reply with quote
All I want to know is will this thing be accompanied by real-time translation in the language of your choice? I know GITS is awesome, but I doubt they've thought that far ahead...or even can.

So unless you wanna get up at 11:30/10:30 Central on Saturday and hang out with someone who's fluent in Japanese to translate every word this guy is saying, you won't get much out of it...

...oh wait...I guess it could also be possible to have a real-time chat window open that pipes in the translation--that's how it's done in 2011!
DK1105

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:42 am Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
All I want to know is will this thing be accompanied by real-time translation in the language of your choice? I know GITS is awesome, but I doubt they've thought that far ahead...or even can.

So unless you wanna get up at 11:30/10:30 Central on Saturday and hang out with someone who's fluent in Japanese to translate every word this guy is saying, you won't get much out of it...

...oh wait...I guess it could also be possible to have a real-time chat window open that pipes in the translation--that's how it's done in 2011!

I was in a chat room helping translate the new years gaki no tsuka special as it was airing in Japan. There were a few others that were much better than at translating than I am there to. With some luck the same might happen. I would pop into the ustream channel as your best bet.
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:34 am Reply with quote
Sure would be nice if I could find a real time translation. Kenji Kamiyama is probably my favorite director right now, I'd love to hear some commentary from him.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:42 pm Reply with quote
ZakuAce wrote:
Sure would be nice if I could find a real time translation. Kenji Kamiyama is probably my favorite director right now, I'd love to hear some commentary from him.
Agreed. Nintendo's translator for Miyamoto is awesome at E3. Every year I hope that Kamiyama will come up and announce a GITS game directed by him...but every year I am let down lol. Oh well, hopefully someone that is epic fast at translating/typing will do this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1