• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Madoka Magica Beach Set Sold with Charlotte Swim Tube

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AilisKnil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:01 am Reply with quote
gothung wrote:
I love the concept, just hate the price. $32 for inner tubes? $49 for a wading pool? Heck, $13 for a beach ball? I know there are fees and such, but that's an awful lot to pay for the equivalent of plastic balloons, and you STILL have to inflate them yourselves. Maybe we could have some of the hot air that BrainPolice seems to be full of if they set these prices.

They're not really going for practicality here. Like all anime merchandise, these beach sets are just meant to capitalize on the fact that the hardcore fans will buy anything.
Emily82LenFangirl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I wash i could see the K-on ones Anime hyper
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:49 pm Reply with quote
The article gave a link, http://www.brainpolice.jp/shop_general/products/list.phpcategory_id=178 for the K-On ones.

I also note that the actual catalog pages give the inner circumference of the rings as 90 cm, that is, 35.4 inches. Some adults will fit, some won't. And as I remember my childhood, it was only mildly annoying to receive toys emblazoned with characters of which I knew nothing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2