• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Kuroko's Basketball Threat: Chemicals in Snacks

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fennekin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:37 pm Reply with quote
This has gone too far. The Japanese Police need to do something about this since this could be considered a terrorist act now, putting chemicals and poison in food.
simona.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Kuroko's manga has turned into a best seller thanks to this moron. [seriously.]
would like to see him behind bars though.
Soliia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Oh, come on. This is ridiculous.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:27 pm Reply with quote
I share the frustration of many people here, but I'm not ready to burn the Japanese police in effigy for being incompetent, or assume they are ignoring the case just because the guy hasn't been caught yet.

Because really, based on the details released so far, how the hell are the police supposed to identify him?

As far as I understand it, Japan has a similar system to the US for delivering mail. So if the guy drops the letters in a mailbox on the street somewhere, what can they do? As long as he's not so stupid as to include his actual return address or constantly use the same mailbox, they have no way to easily track him. Maybe the post marks will give them an idea of his general location, but if that location is "somewhere around Tokyo", that's not much to go on.

The guy's clearly a nutcase, but that doesn't mean he's an idiot. If he's careful about covering his tracks, catching him may be almost impossible, unless he escalates his actions. Which is what I'm afraid may happen.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Sigh why dose that jerk hate this anime so much to do all this and what are the cop doing about this
evilernie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:49 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Sigh why dose that jerk hate this anime so much to do all this and what are the cop doing about this

thats what i wanna know i mean as far as i can tell its just a sports manga/anime. from what i read online in reviews and summary's it dosent seem to be controversial in any way nor does there seem to be some percived slight to fans by the creator,manga-ka and publishers.

i can find no reason for such extreme actions it is driving me nuts
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:52 pm Reply with quote
How tiring. I'm pretty sure they're all just empty threats and that the culprit is just laughing it up at how they can make companies panic without really doing anything. *sigh*

If they did anything to food at a convenience store, I'm pretty sure anyone who buys something that's been contaminated should notice, assuming the person is doing their thing at the convenience store and not swapping.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm getting real tired of this shit... I don't even read or watch kokoro basket for fucks sake!
SnaphappyFMA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Agree with everyone here - enough is enough.

I'm a new fan of Kuroko no Basket. It's a great series, a lot of fun to watch and no overt BL or yaoi in it whatsoever (BL doujinshi circles have been among the targets of this person).

I hope for the safety of the Japanese public that they catch this person soon.
joecoolhascome

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:26 pm Reply with quote
I just wish more people in Japan would not back down to these letters. Celebs in the US get death threats all the time, but 99.6% of them continue living their lives.

Plus if any of these threats turned out to be true, I would imagine that the police/government would use full force until they found the culprit(s).
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Someone could right a manga just based off the bizarre incidents involving the real world hatedom around this series.
brucepuppy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Just call Conan, Kindaichi, etc, and the culprit will be found in an instant Razz

On a serious note: Looks like the culprit had personal issue with the mangaka, so the cause isn't about the story itself being controversial. If Fujimaki sensei can remember who are possibly behind all these, he certainly will be a great help to the police for narrowing the facts about the suspects
grooven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:07 pm Reply with quote
This is just getting worse each time, I'm almost out of face palms -_-
It is like no need to worry we will just take the snacks away and not even bothering looking into this.
Sobe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote
revolutionotaku wrote:

LOL +1.

;D They can threaten all they want. All of the fans will just keep watching anyways. Bad press is still press.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Unless i'm missing something, this story was already reported last week: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-15/kuroko-basketball-snacks-pulled-from-stores-due-to-poison-threat
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4