• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Japanese Fans Rank Their Favorite Black-Haired Anime Characters

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banjo

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:52 am Reply with quote
I don't see any point in this, everyone seems voting for their favorite series character, I doubt they ever bothered comparing that character to other black haired ones from different series.
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:36 am Reply with quote
It kinda bothers me that Sasuke is so high up on the list. And I'm a bit surprised no male characters from Bleach, made it.

Go Shikamaru! Very Happy
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:26 am Reply with quote
Uwoooh!!! I am quite surprised that Levi took the 1st place again after so many polls.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:27 am Reply with quote
Banjo wrote:
I don't see any point in this, everyone seems voting for their favorite series character, I doubt they ever bothered comparing that character to other black haired ones from different series.

In polls like these, heart will *always* win over mind. "Compare"? What's that?? Wink
Actar

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:33 am Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
Still don't understand Japan's love of Mio Akiyama. Even though she's probably the least bland cutesy character in that show she's still pretty bland and cutesy. Not a lot of personality or development either really.

Probably just another case of character polls seemingly being based around irrelevant factors like series popularity/hype and the characters status on the cast depth chart (Main down to tertiary) rather than individual evaluations of characters role/development, level of detail in the design, personal preference etc.

Let me reverse that and say that I still don't understand why people don't understand Japan's love of Mio Akiyama... or slice-of-life characters for that matter.

Seriously, how many people in real life do you know who actually have that brilliant of a personality or even go through that much character development within a short period of time? I highly doubt that going through the mundane rigor of school life will cause a person's perspective on the world to alter that drastically or even go through a paradigm shift. Not to mention, there really aren't that many events or crisis in a real-life situation that will push people to show off their true colors and personality traits.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:46 am Reply with quote
Actar wrote:

Seriously, how many people in real life do you know who actually have that brilliant of a personality or even go through that much character development within a short period of time? I highly doubt that going through the mundane rigor of school life will cause a person's perspective on the world to alter that drastically or even go through a paradigm shift. Not to mention, there really aren't that many events or crisis in a real-life situation that will push people to show off their true colors and personality traits.

Ah, if ya meet enough people in your school years, you'd see them often enough. One of them could even be you. Smile
Touma

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:04 am Reply with quote
Banjo wrote:
I don't see any point in this, everyone seems voting for their favorite series character,

Voting for their favorite characters was the point.

Quote:
I doubt they ever bothered comparing that character to other black haired ones from different series.

Why, and how, would I compare my favorite to other characters in shows that I have not seen?

I looked at the original source for the article and it has a lot of interesting polls.
I am very disappointed that there are no pictures for "I want to tightly! Female celebrity rankings man likes of 'hidden big tits'" (Google Translator) Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KamuiSuou

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:31 am Reply with quote
Somehow I wasn't surprised by the fact that Levi got first place.
I was more surprised by the nominees, though.
Wonder why there is Rukawa Kaede. So he wasn't forgotten.
How was this polling be done? By randomly submitting names or choosing from a list?
zensunni

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:37 am Reply with quote
I personally consider it a shame that Kuroneko is lower on the list than Ayase, but to each his/her own...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3