• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2014 Naruto Movie Titled 'The Last,' Slated for December 6

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
The last?

So the last movie, meaning it's ending soon?

Or is Kishimoto, after making his take on For The Man Who Has Everything, going to do "Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow?"

Which arc was that? Or are you referring to the last movie, which had Naruto travel to a happy family dreamworld, similar to Clark's dreamworld in FtMWHE?
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:
The last?

Or is Kishimoto, after making his take on For The Man Who Has Everything, going to do "Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow?"

Which arc was that? Or are you referring to the last movie, which had Naruto travel to a happy family dreamworld, similar to Clark's dreamworld in FtMWHE?

I meant the movie, not the arc. So yes.

So now we have to do the final story, which given that it's a movie, probably means a grand battle with the remaining villains, although if they do go the Whatever Happened route, they'll need to reveal a master manipulator behind it.

spoiler[In that story, it was revealed the master manipulator behind gathering all of Superman's old enemies was Mr. Mxyptlyk, who decided to try his hand at being truly evil after being bored with being a prankster for 2000 years. Here, just make it an insane Hinata or something. It'd be a fitting finale.]
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
There have been so many "Master Manipulators" in Naruto that they need a Master Manipulator to manipulate all the other Masters. Hinata would be as fitting a choice as any.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
There have been so many "Master Manipulators" in Naruto that they need a Master Manipulator to manipulate all the other Masters. Hinata would be as fitting a choice as any.

Well, spoiler[Black Zetsu might fit that role considering he trolled even the mighty manipulative Madara].
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
The last?

Well the manga is ending "soon", we just don't know how soon. In terms of this film, I think that it's just the title. It would definitely be cool if this is the final movie seeing as the manga is ending. However I think they have time to squeeze in another film before the anime catches up to the ending of the manga to milk the franchise a little more
Vegaman23

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad NARUTO BETTER NOT BE OVER YET!!!!![/quote]
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:10 am Reply with quote
Please end Naruto and make a Kai ver from the train wreck of filler hell. Onegai!

Filler movies Agrrrh!
diljiko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:35 pm Reply with quote
I thought there was a whole other project to this and not the end of the anime though. According to this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last:_Naruto_the_Movie "It will be the tenth overall Naruto film and the first entry in the Start of a New Era Project (新時代開幕プロジェクト Shinjidai Kaimaku Purojekkuto?), which depicts the cast as young adults. Manga author Masashi Kishimoto is contributing to the film through the script and the character designs." so I don't think this will mark the end of the Naruto series. Very Happy
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Based upon the way Japanese TV seasons work, we'll either see the anime ending around the end of September (in a month) or the end of December. The movie could be timed to take advantage of the excitement over the wrap-up of the TV series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2