• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sora no Method (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Luckily for us, this is anime. Had this been a live-action film (or still an anime, but it took place in the US), the military would've quarantined the town... or worse, attempted to shoot down the saucer (hostile or not) at the first sight.

At least this time Nonoka actually spends some quality time with Noel. It really pains me to see cute li'l Noel get neglected again and again in favor of convoluted teenage drama.
And finally Yuzuki reconciles with Nonoka. That's a plus.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Ow, I think some of the ash spoiler[from the fireworks got into my eyes, they are all watery]. Noel is not the best example of a character of her type, but I like her the more we go.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:33 pm Reply with quote
so, we got our obligatory hotspring episode out of the way. A much better episode thanks to Yuzuki no longer being obnoxious. Hopefully Shione follows soon
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Poor Souta got left behind Laughing
Hikari14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Repeat after me: Who is the girl? Nonoka! Who is the girl?! NONOKA!!!!
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Surpise! Shione smiles a lot! All thanks to cute li'l Noel's healing power! Very Happy
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:56 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
A much better episode thanks to Yuzuki no longer being obnoxious.

I thought it sort of ironic when Nonoka said "you've been acting weird." It was actually the first time Yuzuki wasn't acting weird.

But I'll tell you what is really weird. Everyone has their whole life revolving around this saucer thing and never once does anyone have the slightest curiosity about Noel, a girl who says she is the saucer, never ages, and doesn't seem to have any family or a place to live.

Is it hypnotism of some kind or just some kind of stupid?
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:26 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
But I'll tell you what is really weird. Everyone has their whole life revolving around this saucer thing and never once does anyone have the slightest curiosity about Noel, a girl who says she is the saucer, never ages, and doesn't seem to have any family or a place to live.

Except that no one's seen her before (she'd been alone at the observatory waiting for Nonoka's return) and only Nonoka knows her true nature.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:34 pm Reply with quote
If a young kid ran up to you and said "Guess what, I'm a dinosaur!" would you believe them? No, no you wouldn't.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
If a young kid ran up to you and said "Guess what, I'm a dinosaur!" would you believe them? No, no you wouldn't.

If a young kid hung around you for days and weeks and visited your house and hung around the park by herself and never went to school would you never ask where she lives or where her parents are? No, no you wouldn't.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Depends. It doesn't appear that she's been mistreated in any way, so one would be less inclined to ask such things. Most would say "she probably has her own circumstances" and leave it at that since it's none of their business.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Oh, I need to make some calls.

With episode 6, it was funny when it was revealed spoiler[that he was only asked to look after the store]. And their family café looks fancy.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:10 am Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Well that was cute and also somewhat emotional in the second half. Poor spoiler[Monster-san. And right now, I think Nonoka can cope with the loss of her mother since she's always by her side spiritually.]

Lol, oh wait, spoiler[Monster-san is back although not in 100% shape.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:45 pm Reply with quote
The part with the girls wandering around trying to find the grave site sort of had the feel of Encouragement of Climb, one of my season favorites. Cute Japanese tourist girls.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

Damn it Sora no Method, you are not meant to make me feel like this *wipes away build up of fluid from eyes* Crying or Very sad I swear it is allergies.

It felt like the best episode yet with a mix of feelings of Nonoka, her friends' support, and innocent Noel. It starts off funny that Noel spoiler[would be worried about the cut out], although Noel is presumably spoiler[an avatar of saucer so you can see how she might see things as beyond just being organic]. It ended up rather sweet with Noel in the end. To say nothing of the sweet journey of the three girls and spoiler[cry worthy parts of Nonoka about her mother].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5