• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sacred Seven Trailers Posted with English Subs on Hulu

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:
tenebrusmke79 wrote:
Not quite. Siren Visual in Australia/NZ is streaming Tiger and Bunny via ANN's video player. Siren Visual is the Australian Bandai Entertainment, if you didn't know.

Anime on Demand in the UK is also simulcasting it:
http://www.anime-on-demand.com/site-news/2011-04-04/anime-on-demand-first-uk-exclusive-simulcast-tiger-and-bunny

Oh my, so Canada's the only predominantly English speaking country to be blocked from Tiger and Bunny...

Who cares about Canada! They don't even have their own anime licensing company! Always piggybacking on other people's works. Wink
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:11 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Primus wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:
tenebrusmke79 wrote:
Not quite. Siren Visual in Australia/NZ is streaming Tiger and Bunny via ANN's video player. Siren Visual is the Australian Bandai Entertainment, if you didn't know.

http://www.anime-on-demand.com/site-news/2011-04-04/anime-on-demand-first-uk-exclusive-simulcast-tiger-and-bunny

Oh my, so Canada's the only predominantly English speaking country to be blocked from Tiger and Bunny...

Who cares about Canada! They don't even have their own anime licensing company! Always piggybacking on other people's works. Wink

Who cares about the USA! They don't even do their own Live Action TV Shows anymore. Always piggybacking on Vancouver and Canadian actors. Wink

A good chunk of dubbing happens in Vancouver as well just so you know.

Also happy Canada day world! Cool

Primus wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:
tenebrusmke79 wrote:

Ne pas oublier les Français! Wink In fact that's probably part of the reason that Hulu is not readily available in Canada. Non-Canadians probably can't appreciate this, but going through the language laws that require every commercial item to be available in both English and French are a bitch.
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Interesting, I may want to check this out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:29 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Welcome to the simulcast business Bandai. Unfortunately like Viz, you forgot that Hulu blocks everyone in Canada from watching what's on the site.

Didn't they simulcast Kurokami? I think I remember seeing something about that a couple years back.

Also yay I'm excited I get to watch this on hulu. Hmm I wonder if they will simulcast Gundam AGE, Gundam: Origin, and the Code Geass: Gaiden series when they are released.
PBsallad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:
NJ_ wrote:
Welcome to the simulcast business Bandai. Unfortunately like Viz, you forgot that Hulu blocks everyone in Canada from watching what's on the site.

Didn't they simulcast Kurokami? I think I remember seeing something about that a couple years back.

Also yay I'm excited I get to watch this on hulu. Hmm I wonder if they will simulcast Gundam AGE, Gundam: Origin, and the Code Geass: Gaiden series when they are released.

Yup, it was dubbed too. From what I heard it was very difficult to do.

I personally hope this means Bandai will add more stuff to Hulu. I didn't like the fact they were one of the few companies not putting anything up there.
redranger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:55 am Reply with quote
Is that 3D I see? I can't really tell. It was bad enough in Tiger and Bunny. I wish Sunrise would stop with that 3D ****
pantsmca

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:43 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

The Office, Wilfred and 100 other television shows "created" by Americans would like a word with you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2