• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Advertorial: The 7 Times One Piece Made Us Cry Our Eyes Out

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madoka...AYUKAWA!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:20 am Reply with quote
ParaSitius wrote:
I've teared up with several anime (Clannad AS being the real doozer) but One Piece hasn't done anything for me emotionally. I suppose I just can't take Shonen shows seriously enough to get connected that way.

I pity you, SO MUCH. Clannad...pufhh, I can almost shed a tear your you, I so pity your really.
Beldarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:26 am Reply with quote
Ace's death was the one that seriously affected me - along with Brook and his "Binks' Sake" (especially that one after they head for Fishman Island and the school of whales shows up).

Other moments that made me bawl include:

spoiler[
Pell's death (honestly, I think I just stared at the screen after that explosion. Thankfully he survived that.)
Whitebeard's death (the way he died... just standing up... that was powerful. And then his crew broke down.)
Luffy freaking out over Ace's death (at least Jinbe was there)
Sabo's death
Fisher Tiger's death
Otohime's death and EVERYBODY'S reactions to it
The G-5 Marines on Punk Hazard sacrificing themselves to save Tashigi
King Riku being forced to kill his own citizens
Sabo's reaction to Ace's death (and how he will protect Luffy)
Cora-san's death

Some HAPPY scenes also make me bawl my eyes out. Including that one where Sabo shows up alive at Corrida Colosseum. It was even worse in the anime since Sabo's voice had me breaking down due to the emotion Toru Furuya put in it.

And then we've got Kyros and his family. He was such an adorable dork around Scarlett and Rebecca, and then he got turned into a toy and had to watch his wife die. That was awful. ...I was also about to cry when he turned back into a human and Rebecca remembered him.

Also, anything dealing with kid Law. That guy's entire life has been one huge tragic mess.]
BlackPiece

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:04 am Reply with quote
There are just more than 7 times one piece made us cry Sad

I still remember what Dr. Hiluluk said back at Drum Island:

"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No! When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten!"

Something like that i guess....

The Dressrosa Arc have a lot sad moment too..... Kid Law, Senor Pink, King Riku, Kyros, Rebecca... etc... (Not all the scene has reached anime yet)

For me... i guess Senor Pink is the saddess... the first time i saw him appear in the manga, i was freaking laughing at him all the time because well you know.... (His clothes is weird) but after his flashback.... damn.... i feel guilty for some reason... he is one true gentleman i say.... Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3