• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach Manga Takes 1-Week Break Due to Author's Illness

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:27 pm Reply with quote
^spoiler[kira might be alive]
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:

spoiler[last we saw he was blown in half and pretty much he hasn't appeared since 2012 so it's safe to assume he's dead]
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:07 am Reply with quote
Leave Togahsi alone. He can at least both draw and write well. Weekly schedules are a blight btw and some of my US comics sadly use the format too. Monthly is truth.
So i stopped reading Mullets of Power around Vol.50 when a bunch of new goons got introduced. What did i miss? I heard that they fight "god" now and that the final arc got aborted to print more money Rolling Eyes.

Here is theory regarding the "ending" of Bleach (your brains out): It goes for Vol. 75 and end with no resolution but return 2,5 years later in Ultra Jump. Does anyone have a better ideas?

Edit: Sleeping less the 5 hours a day and working all week long will kill anyone so the more breaks the weekly mangaka take, the better. The quality can only improve in the end.

Last edited by residentgrigo on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:19 pm Reply with quote
I don't know why people are giving him so much shit about it. Compared to Oda, who regularly takes around 4 illness breaks throughout the year, Kubo takes one or two at most.
Manga spoilers
theNightster wrote:
Ambimunch wrote:

spoiler[last we saw he was blown in half and pretty much he hasn't appeared since 2012 so it's safe to assume he's dead]

spoiler[Yeah, as much as I like Kira and want to hold on firmly to "no body no death", the guy hasn't even been mentioned in like a hundred chapters. He wasn't brought up when the cassualties of the first invasion were recounted, but he didn't show up when all surviving captains and vice-captains gathered with Urahara. ] High chance Kubo forgot he existed, honestly, it wouldn't be the first time.
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:45 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Leave Togahsi alone. He can at least both draw and write well.

not here, not now
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:58 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

spoiler[Yeah, as much as I like Kira and want to hold on firmly to "no body no death", the guy hasn't even been mentioned in like a hundred chapters. He wasn't brought up when the cassualties of the first invasion were recounted, but he didn't show up when all surviving captains and vice-captains gathered with Urahara. ] High chance Kubo forgot he existed, honestly, it wouldn't be the first time.

even if Kubo didn't forget his existence it wouldn't make that big a difference to the story, I liked him too but he's a super side character with barley any development or relevance to the plot
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:46 am Reply with quote
Is it really news-worthy? a one-week break every once in a while is the norm (due to illness or otherwise). A one-month-or-more hiatus is something more serious., IMO.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2