×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto's 5th Epilogue Novel Slated For June 4


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Calsolum



Joined: 11 May 2010
Posts: 899
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:47 pm Reply with quote
... wait 5th epilogue novel?

5 of 6?

Mein Gott when will it end? i mean i understand an (singular) epilogue novel or even 2 but 6? might as well reveal in the 7th post epilogue novel that orochimaru jacked some of spoiler[jinchūriki madara's skin flakes] to revive and use in another god damned war
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mewpudding101
Industry Insider


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 2209
Location: Tokyo, Japan
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:01 am Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
... wait 5th epilogue novel?

5 of 6?

Mein Gott when will it end? i mean i understand an (singular) epilogue novel or even 2 but 6? might as well reveal in the 7th post epilogue novel that orochimaru jacked some of spoiler[jinchūriki madara's skin flakes] to revive and use in another god damned war


You do know that each of these novels gives a different story for a different character or organization, right? They're actually really interesting and explain a lot. You'll get your Akatsuki/Orochimaru explanations in the Akatsuki novel, I'd guess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wohdin



Joined: 10 Jun 2011
Posts: 352
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:30 am Reply with quote
Keep draaaaaaaggin' it on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calsolum



Joined: 11 May 2010
Posts: 899
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:10 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:

You do know that each of these novels gives a different story for a different character or organization, right? They're actually really interesting and explain a lot. You'll get your Akatsuki/Orochimaru explanations in the Akatsuki novel, I'd guess.


Yes i did but naruto has dragged on for far too long, the reveals started getting very silly after madara became the next Aizen and at that point i meerly kept reading it to find out how it ended. The action and battle scenes were still good but the story aspect left much to be desired especially with the ass pulls.

If Kishimoto tried to make a new manga I'd definitely support it and read it but he keeps going back and expanding on naruto when it should just die with dignity than be run through mud.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hameyadea



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 3679
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:37 am Reply with quote
I'm on the fence on whether or not this would've been preferable to publish as a manga spin-off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tajima





PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:16 am Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
mewpudding101 wrote:

You do know that each of these novels gives a different story for a different character or organization, right? They're actually really interesting and explain a lot. You'll get your Akatsuki/Orochimaru explanations in the Akatsuki novel, I'd guess.


Yes i did but naruto has dragged on for far too long, the reveals started getting very silly after madara became the next Aizen and at that point i meerly kept reading it to find out how it ended. The action and battle scenes were still good but the story aspect left much to be desired especially with the ass pulls.

If Kishimoto tried to make a new manga I'd definitely support it and read it but he keeps going back and expanding on naruto when it should just die with dignity than be run through mud.


Die with dignity? What are some of you on? This is a billion-yen selling franchise. Each of these novels sells really well. They'd be utter fools to not keep this train running as long as possible. You act like this series is some sort of artistic pinnacle or something. It's not. It's a franchise being exploited by a company. That's what it always was.

Naruto exists to make money. It's doing that. So they're going to keep making money with it. There's a reason why the anime decided to keep the filler going even though there's no reason to anymore. Kishimoto isn't even writing this stuff anymore. He has little to nothing to do with the novels.

I can certainly see why you aren't running a company. At this point the complaints are just getting asinine, though. If it had truly "dragged on too long," none of this stuff would be selling half as well as it has.

Hell, "The Last" was actually the highest-grossing movie in the series.
Back to top
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 14813
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:05 am Reply with quote
If this was a Hollywood studio milking this franchise, nobody would complain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
me_barron



Joined: 14 Sep 2014
Posts: 174
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:24 am Reply with quote
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mewpudding101
Industry Insider


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 2209
Location: Tokyo, Japan
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:10 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised with the lack of complaints about "beating dead horses" about Dragon Ball and Star Wars, and even One Piece.

Anyway, I'm personally a big fan of Naruto, so I enjoy reading every single novel that comes out. These novels actually make a lot of fans very happy, because it tells us what happens to our favorite characters. It's also cool to get different writers every time. Anyway, just a personal opinion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hameyadea



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 3679
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:00 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
If this was a Hollywood studio milking this franchise, nobody would complain.

The Fast & Furious franchise is about 3 films beyond its welcome (and an eighth movie is in the works Rolling Eyes )


Last edited by Hameyadea on Sun May 03, 2015 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calsolum



Joined: 11 May 2010
Posts: 899
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:21 pm Reply with quote
@Tajima

The reason I'm not running has nothing to do with my opinion as a consumer, because thats what this is, a consumers opinion and not a company's opinion. I am well aware WHY its still going on, money moves the world and it always will. But even so that doesnt mean that i wont sit still and do nothing, voicing my opinion may do absolutely nothing since im a 'nobody' but if even 1 or 2 more people can resonate my opinion then i can say that my time wasnt totally wasted. Im not really that angry that the producers are still making more 'sequels' but im greatly disappointed in the sheer number of 'mindless' consumers that keep this going past its expiration date (this is not a stab at anyone here).

While i would like to go into great detail as to why i think this series is being unnecessarily extended this really isnt the right place for it so if anyone wants to challenge me feel from to send me a PM

@mewpudding101
I dont know why there arent more complaints about beating dead horses" about Dragon Ball and Star Wars, and even One Piece because I am certainly of that opinion

@enurtsol
if it were a bad movie I'd definitely complain, the only thing is you might not hear me

@Hameyadea
so true
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 14813
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

If this was a Hollywood studio milking this franchise, nobody would complain.

The Fast & Furious franchise is about 3 films beyond its welcome (and an eighth movie is in the works Rolling Eyes )


If that's beyond welcome, then that's beyond setting records.

Weekend Report: 'Furious 7' Opens to $392 Million Worldwide

Weekend Report: 'Furious 7' Beats 'Blart,' Passes $1.1 Billion Worldwide
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TsukasaElkKite



Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 3974
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious as to whether Viz is going to license the epilogue novels
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 13584
Location: In Phoenix but has an 85308 ZIP
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:44 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
I'm surprised with the lack of complaints about "beating dead horses" about Dragon Ball and Star Wars, and even One Piece.

Anyway, I'm personally a big fan of Naruto, so I enjoy reading every single novel that comes out. These novels actually make a lot of fans very happy, because it tells us what happens to our favorite characters. It's also cool to get different writers every time. Anyway, just a personal opinion.


When we found out last week that there will be that new DB series in July, several ANN posters did make comments about the franchise being milked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BadNewsBlues



Joined: 21 Sep 2014
Posts: 6087
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Isn't weird that people complained about Naruto feeling unfinished then you have some of those same people complaining about the epilogue material feeling in some holes?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group