• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Utawarerumono Game Gets TV Anime in October

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arakiba

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Man, this show takes me back. I'm quite excited, the first was pretty good.

Also all the old jokes about it are coming back to me now. Underwater Ray Romano, Carrier has arrived...
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Sweeet new Utawarerumono anime maybe Funi will get off there butts and get this with the ovas of the other one
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Wow what timing I just bought the original series on DVD.
yaki-udon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:36 pm Reply with quote
I know nothing about this anime, but I'm curious as to how English speakers pronounce the title. It would be a bit of a mouthful for them.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:56 pm Reply with quote
yaki-udon wrote:
I know nothing about this anime, but I'm curious as to how English speakers pronounce the title. It would be a bit of a mouthful for them.

Underwater Ray Romano.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:04 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
yaki-udon wrote:

Underwater Ray Romano.

Laughing

Dark Absol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:51 pm Reply with quote
My quote from animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-04-04/aqua-reveals-new-utawarerumono-game-title-september-24-date/.86765:

Dark Absol wrote:
Will this lead to the development of the new anime? Because Utawarerumono '06 is my top ten favorite anime.

Turned out to be true. Smile
NormanS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Im quite interested to see if it keeps the aspects of Nation building and all the nation wars that the last one had.
roxybudgy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:52 am Reply with quote
Loved the anime adapatation of the original PC game so much that I worked on the unofficial English patch for the PC game (ah, the memories~), so needless to day I am absolutely thrilled at the news that the upcoming game is getting an anime adapatation.

I even pre-ordered the PS3 game, even though I don't own any PlayStation consoles Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:32 am Reply with quote
xstylus wrote:
Not liking the chances of this ever getting an English translation. Did the first game ever get one?

No but since then Aquaplus and Atlus USA seem to have a thing going now so you never know.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:30 am Reply with quote
If this is like tear to tiara 2 I won't be terribly thrilled, not that it wasn't a bad product in its own right, but where the hell are the characters from the first game. I would like to see the cast of the original Utawa.

Although looking at the characters it almost feels like this basically a retelling. If you read the descriptions, the MC is basically the Hakurou minus the mask, and then the girl with the younger sister is baiscally eruru.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:36 am Reply with quote
Looks like White Fox is picking up OLM's torch in adapting Aquaplus works. How convenient, but nice. I've never seen the original but I've heard good things, so this might be worth checking out. And with Aquapazza and Tears to Tiara 2 released, maybe Atlus will consider releasing an English version of the game.
Yause

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:28 am Reply with quote
kevinx59 wrote:
Looks like White Fox is picking up OLM's torch in adapting Aquaplus works. How convenient, but nice.

It's a continuation of the same group. OLM shed some of their teams after retreating from late night anime, and one of them (Team Iwasa) continued operating as White Fox instead of scattering to the wind.

I guess it's somewhat comparable to the transitions from Gonzo (Studio 5) to Gokumi or from Brains Base (3rd production team) to Shuka.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:21 am Reply with quote
Yause wrote:

It's a continuation of the same group. OLM shed some of their teams after retreating from late night anime, and one of them (Team Iwasa) continued operating as White Fox instead of scattering to the wind.

I guess it's somewhat comparable to the transitions from Gonzo (Studio 5) to Gokumi or from Brains Base (3rd production team) to Shuka.
Yup (which is why I said convenient) , or Sunrise to Bones and Satelight to 8-bit (and GoHands, but 8-bit's work looks more Satelight-y). Although I still say it's disappointing Devil is a Part Timer didn't make any Pokemon references with that dude that looks like James. Such a golden opportunity, and the studios involved make it so perfect but alas, it was not to be.
Sylontack

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:46 am Reply with quote
I hope we get an English friendly JP release to match the lovely JPBD boxset for the 2006 series but companies aren't always that consistent with including tracks that aren't very relevant to their demographic- for which obviously I don't fault them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3