• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chivalry of the Failed Knight Anime Reveals More Cast, Ending Song, 2nd Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
god45

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:59 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I am wanting to watch it because I love them harem/harem-like series. Even in the third volume, Stella and Ikki have started making out. That right there is breaking the norms for the standard ecchi/harem series considering it can be volumes before the main couple doe this.
hold on let me get this right this were the show were the loser actually has a girlfriend ? no more BS around it ?
FINALLY
Rufifox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:11 am Reply with quote
OH WOW! The second pv looks awesome and I really like the song. Super excited to see this. Smile

People, don't let the show's summary fool you, like a fellow commenter wrote, "the loser must be obedient" doesn't really go anywhere since the couple hooks up really fast and actually act like a couple! No BS around it!
god45

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:57 am Reply with quote
Rufifox wrote:
OH WOW! The second pv looks awesome and I really like the song. Super excited to see this. Smile

People, don't let the show's summary fool you, like a fellow commenter wrote, "the loser must be obedient" doesn't really go anywhere since the couple hooks up really fast and actually act like a couple! No BS around it!
is the love real or superficial?
I just came out of watching Accel world and I felt the romance was genuine so is this kinda the same ?
Botan_TM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:12 pm Reply with quote
god45 wrote:
I just came out of watching Accel world and I felt the romance was genuine so is this kinda the same ?

It's a real deal, this LN (I have read 3 volumes, so I'm ahead manga readers) it's like manly shoujo Shocked
As people say, "no more BS around it" is a good description. Just watch first 4 episodes to get a good part, or end of LN vol.1, or manga chapter 10.

Last edited by Botan_TM on Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rufifox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:13 pm Reply with quote
god45 wrote:
Rufifox wrote:

It gets pretty real between them, and it's what makes the light novels so good. Razz
god45

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Rufifox wrote:
god45 wrote:
Rufifox wrote:

It gets pretty real between them, and it's what makes the light novels so good. Razz
oh nice I like that I will watch this Anime hyper
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:26 pm Reply with quote
@god45: The manga (I would actually call it an H comic since just about every chapter has sex) Koibana Onsen has the lead guy finally becoming intimate with the female lead in ch. 12 of its 64 chapters.
god45

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
@god45: The manga (I would actually call it an H comic since just about every chapter has sex) Koibana Onsen has the lead guy finally becoming intimate with the female lead in ch. 12 of its 64 chapters.
well I am big fan of the love in Accel world so if its like that am joining the hype train
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Well, if you are referring to Koibana, well it's mostly about sex.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
People have a deeply rooted prejudice to these kinds of shows and will automatically assume the worst. They'll think tsunderes and harem and will conclude that it must be terrible without giving it a chance.

Very true. And, I'll admit, was going to ask if there was a harem. Though, I still was going to check it out.

I'll watch something if there is one aspect of the show that interests me, and usually give them 3 episodes to win me over. I love swords and sorcery, so was always going to check this one out.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:34 pm Reply with quote
i would watch it if they "Failed Knight" to "OP Knight"
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Botan_TM wrote:
This is not a 2nd, but 1st PV!

That's a second one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMIarTOSN7o

Thanks for that! I hadn't realized I embedded the first PV accidentally. It's been fixed!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:54 am Reply with quote
The fact that the couple gets together within the first 2 volumes is some-thing can come as a present surprise to me. While there are several anime made from LN that I haven't read yet, I often will go to fan forums or the series wiki to see what happens. It should come as no surprise the intended couple getting together is often slow among those series.
BladeBlur

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Why am I the only one who likes that OP song ? Sad
Rufifox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:09 pm Reply with quote
BladeBlur wrote:
Why am I the only one who likes that OP song ? Sad

You are not alone, I love that theme song! The awesome trumpets! Anime hyper

It's rare to hear this style of song in a LN adaptation. They usually use j-popish songs performed by the female cast or a female singer. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3