• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aya Hirano Leaves Hospital After Tonsil Surgery

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlassesMan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see she's doing well. Hopefully she makes a strong comeback.
Hyperdrve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:43 pm Reply with quote
It makes sense that her voice would improve after the operation due to the difficulties that she must've faced from having tonsillitis. I'm glad that she's taking care of herself. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:33 pm Reply with quote
I, too, want to wish Hirano-san a speedy, full recovery.

For all the shit people gave her in the past (and I admit sometimes she deserved some of it), she showed the strength of her character (no pun intended) and withstood it all, never letting it get to her (at least that she publicly showed), and I have long been and continue to be a fan of hers. Plus, if she herself understood the English, having the guts to wear that infamous "Did you *** twice too? I need a tongue bath!" shirt at the Haruhi live concert event Anime smile

( seen here: http://www.meido-rando.net/public/aya_hirano_tshirt.jpeg )

Go on, try to imagine Haruhi or Konata speaking with a different voice (in Japanese, that is)... it's just not the same... she has given life to 2 of the most iconic anime characters of the 2000's
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:19 am Reply with quote
I've never had the impression that she is all that good with English. I have that concert DVD somewhere and the shirt was pictured in one of her photobooks. I stopped collecting her books, singles and idol DVDs when I realised that, at the end of the day, it was only really her voice acting I was ever interested in.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
omiya

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:20 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I stopped collecting her books, singles and idol DVDs when I realised that, at the end of the day, it was only really her voice acting I was ever interested in.

I liked the Haruhi Suzumiya Orchestral concert which came with the Japanese blu-ray box set of the anime series, but Aya Hirano didn't seem to be someone who loved to sing like Minori Chihara does. I do wonder how much voice actresses/actors are taught about looking after their voices and how much such subjects are covered in the magazines.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2