• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Wow... I think I actually like Rumbling Hearts.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:07 am Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
Of course was is even worse is saying that everything, including the accident itself, is Mitsuki's fault. Yes, she was involved with Takayuki being late, but that was his choice. Plus, Haruka could have chosen a different place to stand. So the only person who is actually to blame is the person who was driving the car (and even then, we don't really know the details).

I think the saddest thing for me personally about this series is that Mitsuki and Haruka lose their friendship.

I know you were not aiming your criticism directly at me. But I would just like to say, I do not blame Mitsuki for the accident itself. Anyone who does should realise that it is inherently unfair to do so. The thing is, Mitsuki blames herself. Even though Takayuki obviously holds no ill-feelings towards her in that respect, even though she could not have known, she still blames herself. It makes it impossible (for me, at least) to hate her.

I wholeheartedly agree with you about the saddest aspect of the Anime. In a way, the Anime was on the surface a story about a love triangle. But look deeper, and it was about how two best friends ended up apart. If ever I have wished for a Deus Ex Machina to come and reset a series, it was for this one. Not because the series squandered its potential, nor because I necessarily disagreed with the ending. But because it was too sad.

This is Anime, after all. Sad endings do not happen in Anime. Right? Right?
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:00 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
I know you were not aiming your criticism directly at me. But I would just like to say, I do not blame Mitsuki for the accident itself. Anyone who does should realise that it is inherently unfair to do so. The thing is, Mitsuki blames herself. Even though Takayuki obviously holds no ill-feelings towards her in that respect, even though she could not have known, she still blames herself. It makes it impossible (for me, at least) to hate her.

I wholeheartedly agree with you about the saddest aspect of the Anime. In a way, the Anime was on the surface a story about a love triangle. But look deeper, and it was about how two best friends ended up apart. If ever I have wished for a Deus Ex Machina to come and reset a series, it was for this one. Not because the series squandered its potential, nor because I necessarily disagreed with the ending. But because it was too sad.

This is Anime, after all. Sad endings do not happen in Anime. Right? Right?

I definitely was not aiming the comment at you. A friend of mine who is not on the forums is the only person I've found who tries to blame it all on Mitsuki because he things she's a raving slut or something.

Sad endings happen all the time, that's one of the things I like best about anime.
Westlo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:41 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
What I didn't like was Haruka's final decision. Whatever feelings he had for Mitsuki at the start, it had become clear that Takayuki really loved Haruka more. He was devastated after her accident, and I was really hoping that Haruka would forgive him once she got her memories back.

spoiler[You're mistaking guilt for love, of course he was devastated, he was suppose to meet her and he was running late due to buying that book as well as a present for Mitsuki. He was never interesting in Haruka in the first place, it's clear to me that he had a thing for Mitsuki in the first episode. He only went out with Haruka because he felt sorry for her and Mitsuki set it up (Haruka really earnt that :roll: ). Remember in episode 2 Mitsuki and Shinji go to him, "Is she really your girlfriend" and he replies "You don't understand she's your....".

The only time Takayuki cared more about Haruka than Mitsuki before the accident was after he started sleeping with her, is that really love? Sounds more like infatuation to me... Obligation and feeling sorry turned into infatuation which turned into guilt.]
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Did Takayuki and Haruka spoiler[ever sleep together? I remember a scene in episode two, where they had their clothes off and were lying on the bed. But, the impression I got was that they were about to start the act, and then Akane and the parents came home. So what actually happened?]
Joe anime

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:15 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Did Takayuki and Haruka spoiler[ever sleep together? I remember a scene in episode two, where they had their clothes off and were lying on the bed. But, the impression I got was that they were about to start the act, and then Akane and the parents came home. So what actually happened?]

spoiler[When the parents came,Akane noticed the lights were on
when she went into her sisters room they were drinking juice.
she went on and teased Takayuki on if he and Haruka rolled around
in the sack.]
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:05 am Reply with quote
Joe anime wrote:
dtm42 wrote:

in the sack.]

I knew that much, at least. But I feel as if I missed something, as there are people, who have posted here, that believe spoiler[that they actually did it.] Where is the proof?

Anyway, thanks for responding, Joe anime.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:34 am Reply with quote
I was under the impression that they did, but I can see that it is starting to look like you can interpret it either way. spoiler[One of the reasons why I thought Takayuki would have a little bit of a justification with his feeling towards Haruka would be she was the girl who he lost his virginity to. Without this he has even less of a reason to be hung up on this high school crush.]
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:56 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Them sleeping togather then is game canon I believe whether you want to carry that over to the anime is up to you] To me it was pretty obvious that they did or at least started too. spoiler[The way it's handled with all the cutaways and then how it goes back to them and they'rey lying in different positions implied heavily to me that they were fooling arround. ] There's no umm....hard evidence (if you'll forgive the pun) to say for certain.

EDIT: After rewatching the scene there's this to enter into evidence that they did. It's all in the details. spoiler[If you notice the bed is made. They would not have had enough time to quickly put their clothes back on and make the bed in the span it took Akane to take her shoes off and run up the stairs, let alone time enough to get drinks so they must have had enough time to do the deed and then some covering up of the fact.] So I can only conclude personally that spoiler[it was an attempt at a fake out by the director making it appear as if they were going to get caught and a spot on remark by Akane which after her attempt to catch them red handed failed and she resorted to teasing. Which since she's pretty sharp their reactions probabally confirmed she was right about what they'd been up to after all.] At least that my deduction given the evidence at hand.

*Eats sweets and Spins arround in chair like L*
Joe anime

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:08 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Joe anime wrote:
dtm42 wrote:

in the sack.]

I knew that much, at least. But I feel as if I missed something, as there are people, who have posted here, that believe spoiler[that they actually did it.] Where is the proof?

Anyway, thanks for responding, Joe anime.

No problem. Smile
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:10 pm Reply with quote
I have just finished fourth episode of Rumbling Hearts and it's unlikely I will stick to the end.

Obviously I have a few reasons for that. Keeping Haruka in the dark about passed time is wrong as it only makes it harder on her to learn about it later. That also brought awkward situation upon Takayuki and Mitsuki when they came to visit Haruka. Then we have Akane - she just pisses me off at this point. What the hell is she so upset about? Her sister was in coma for three years and it's only natural for Takayuki to move on. I think Akane has some twisted idea about eternal love or something, since now that her sister woke up she wants to destroy one relationship to "restore" another. That is just very selfish, someone needs to slap some sense into her now.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:23 pm Reply with quote
I watched this a few weeks ago and really liked it, even though there were irritating parts at times. I'm one of those types who would rather spoiler[the dude had chosen Coma Girl.] Whatever its shortcomings, it was nice to watch an anime where characters who had feelings for each other actually were in a relationship, had sex, etc instead of spending 26 episodes denying their feelings until the last second of the final episode. Refreshing.

[EDIT: Spoiler tags added.~Zalis]
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Hentai_JP wrote:
Then we have Akane - she just pisses me off at this point.

There's a scene in ep 5 (I believe) where we see spoiler[Akane finding out about Mitsuki and Takayuki by coming to visit him and finding her naked in his bed. I think her deal is that since she looked up to Mitsuki a lot she felt betrayed. Kind of a "sister" complex in a way.] But yeah, she pissed me off as well. I was hoping that some one would have given her a good backhand. Actually, I wanted to personally give all five of those characters a good backhand at least once each through out the show. But in the end, I felt it was a very well done romance for the anime medium, though I doubt I could ever sit through it again...
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:04 am Reply with quote
I've yet to see this entire series. I managed to get past disk 1 before I changed to something else.

I just wasn't in the mood for an emotional ride into Sappy Sorrow Land with no rest areas to stop at.

Don't take this the wrong way. I've nothing against it, and I'll eventually get to seeing it all. For now, though, I want fun and wild stuff.

I can't get through RH but Sister Princess has been watched twice so far (even with its sloo.. oo.. oo.. oow pace).

There's no rhyme or reason to the series I pick (tosses ladder chart into the trash) to watch as it all comes down to luck.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:24 am Reply with quote
Well, whenever you do finish Rumbling Farts...er, I mean Rumbling Hearts, PJ, I guarantee you'll be bawling like a baby! Not like me, I was all manly and stuff, with no tears at all running down my craggy cheek. Wink
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:38 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Well, whenever you do finish Rumbling Farts...er, I mean Rumbling Hearts, PJ, I guarantee you'll be bawling like a baby! Not like me, I was all manly and stuff, with no tears at all running down my craggy cheek. Wink

Oh, boy. If it's anything like Clannad: After Story, I best get those tissues ready.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 12