• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kattobase! Kiyohara-kun Manga Goes On Hiatus After Baseball Player's Drug Arrest

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Remember kids, winners don't do drugs. Because when a winner is caught doing drugs, they're arrested and put in jail, where they're no longer a winner.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Oh, man, that's got to hurt badly for the fans that are enjoying Mr. Kiyohara's manga. I've no doubt that many won't view him the same way again and, much to his dismay, not in a good way. The only consolation that he has is that he isn't the only one that has found himself on the wrong side of the bars.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Thank god, he's retired, he has much less to worry about after he gets out of jail if he even goes to jail, it could be a suspended sentence since he's famous and the drug charge is non-violent.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:44 am Reply with quote
That's a sucky way to have your book put on hold. This is the oddest reason I've heard for a hiatus.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:03 am Reply with quote
I remember watching the news about his arrest. Needless to say I was shocked because he was playing when I was in my teens. He'll be blackballed for a while which is the usual thing in Japan. Who knows when he'll be back.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1