• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: GameSpot: Hideo Kojima Wants New Game to Expand Into Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:52 pm Reply with quote
The way this article is titled makes it sound like he wants to make the new game (PS4/PC exclusive) into an anime later. That's not at all the case. He just wants to make an anime at some point, some day.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Amiantos wrote:
In all honesty his works would make a really poor anime. I've always enjoyed the games in terms of gameplay but always found the writing in the games to be poor at the least. He takes a ton of western sci-fi tropes and just throws them in a blender to make what ever nonsensical story there is. He should stick to doing games which are his forte.

Gee that sounds like most anime/manga.
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:11 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Umm... Metal Gear? ZOE? Does Konami own all that stuff now?

Yes, they've always "owned all that stuff". They also own the Fox Engine that was used in the making of MGSV.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:13 am Reply with quote
More power to him I would love to see one of his games get an Anime series. Smile
Amiantos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:30 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Amiantos wrote:
In all honesty his works would make a really poor anime. I've always enjoyed the games in terms of gameplay but always found the writing in the games to be poor at the least. He takes a ton of western sci-fi tropes and just throws them in a blender to make what ever nonsensical story there is. He should stick to doing games which are his forte.

Gee that sounds like most anime/manga.

His stuffs already borderline anime/manga the difference is we'd be getting dragonball tier episodes of 15 episodes of wind up/exposition and nothing really happening with how he's done his games.
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:34 am Reply with quote
I think Kojima was part of 'under the dog' anime but not directly in the creative team, but its something he would make... I'd support his future anime/game/movie, his creation/direction is fascinating and exciting.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Amiantos wrote:

His stuffs already borderline anime/manga the difference is we'd be getting dragonball tier episodes of 15 episodes of wind up/exposition and nothing really happening with how he's done his games.

I'd know you be getting more things than that like overtop action scenes, heavy handed dialog about war and nuclear weapons, convient plot twists, women getting stuffed in fridges, & someone dropping dialog so hammy or melodramatic it becomes a meme.

All of which leads to fans getting divided on whether these elements make the material the greatest thing since indoor plumbing or weaker than Gun's and Rose's Chinese Democracy.
Mysteriala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Of course Kojima wants to do that, he has been making games into movies into games all his career. That is what he does best Smile
I bet this is one of the things Konami would not allow him to do.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2