• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Berserk Anime's Promo Features Susumu Hirasawa's Insert Song

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
souji5okita

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:43 am Reply with quote
Those colors on Farnese and Serpico's clothing are just so in your face bright and so don't feel like they belong in the dark berserk universe. The CGI does look weird, but I'll give it a chance. Hell I gave Kingdom and its horrendous CGI a chance and I now love that show.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:44 am Reply with quote
Looks better than the first trailer, at least. We'll see.
ziko856

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:55 am Reply with quote
I dun knw why u are all nagging..It is looking much better than the first PV..I'm really excited to watch the series..I was skeptical after I watch the first Trailer but now I'm hyped..People really love to nag
ziko856

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:57 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Well this could of been worse but I guess it's what they came up with, something that will need some time to adapt to. Also heard it might be 24 episodes recently.

How did u knw it is 24 episodes ? I was hoping for a 50+ episodes
JoeQ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:57 am Reply with quote
I'm seriously reminded of PS1/PS2-era cutscenes and not in a good way. It's still Berserk though, so I'll give it a shot if it ends up on Crunchy.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:59 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I wouldn't even wish this on the worst manga I've ever read.

I would wish at least this for some series, cause I seen much worse CGI - and for me quality of direction and script is more better than the looks in the first place. But life is too unfair, yes - some frankly shitty things get good animation studio, while the popular series need to find some really random people to create anime.
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:06 am Reply with quote
Most anime have PS1-tier, maybe PS2-level tier CGI quality. Hell, I think even Star Fox on the SNES looks better.

CGI isn't bad in and of itself. Only Japanese CGI for anime is bad. American animation and French animation have objectively superior CGI.
Tea Bag

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:08 am Reply with quote
It looks stunning, and looks like it will stick close to the composition of Miura's style.

Why do anime fans act so spoiled? 3d animation is here to stay, at least appreciate those studios that try to maintain the balance of both 2d and 3d.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:14 am Reply with quote
For me, it looks better than the movies, at least. I just hope they'll skip that damned Knight of the Hawks origin story this time around. It's getting old.
ikramit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:16 am Reply with quote
Tea Bag wrote:
It looks stunning, and looks like it will stick close to the composition of Miura's style.

Why do anime fans act so spoiled? 3d animation is here to stay, at least appreciate those studios that try to maintain the balance of both 2d and 3d.

I will say it again its not that its CGI its that its bad CGI their cutting corners that all.As for being spoiled really? their not doing me a favor they want me to pay for this I'm not getting it free.
Megumin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:02 am Reply with quote
Haters gonna hate. Im so happy that berserk its CGI, for all the hatersssss.
Souther

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:23 am Reply with quote
It looks better than the first trailer. It's not bad, though I think Farnese looks awkward. Puck looks awesome though! My biggest concern is whether they'll change anything that might detract from the story. It shows pieces of Blackswordsman with Puck, but the rest of the chars don't appear until much later on. Which makes me think they're gonna skip a bunch of stuff/mash stuff together.

Oh well, I'll wait and see. I'm still hyped, it's Berserk after all!

Last edited by Souther on Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
pandoraking

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:25 am Reply with quote
9mm Parabellum Bullet YESSS!!!!
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:50 am Reply with quote
The Cgi animation has a lower frame rate than such western products (Tron Uprising and Clone Wars are the golden standard) but it looks very good and source accurate otherwise.
Could this actual turn out ...good?
Miura now only needs to keep the scripts on point and continuity gaps will need to be kept to a minimum (i will think of this show as a new continuity due to the trashy films) and we may get a match for the 90s anime. Warts and all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animehermit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:53 am Reply with quote
I'm actually kinda looking forward to this. I think the shading on the CG looked VERY good. It looks more like the manga, which is a plus.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8