• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: XSEED Games to Release Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity for PS4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:31 pm Reply with quote
I still think it is a strange strategy to bring over fangames for a franchise that has never had an official English-language release. Aren't they concerned that people won't know who these characters are (I type, while listening to a 50-hour Touhou doujin playlist)?
Cetais

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:47 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
I still think it is a strange strategy to bring over fangames for a franchise that has never had an official English-language release. Aren't they concerned that people won't know who these characters are (I type, while listening to a 50-hour Touhou doujin playlist)?

There was a couple of other Touhou (fan)game that got released officially in English.
Guess they sold well.

If they do that, it's because of people like you that they decided to release it.
Touhou is largely popular in the West without even official games released here.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Cetais wrote:
Touhou is largely popular in the West without even official games released here.

I suppose. It's not like they're even that hard to import; I bought most of mine through AmazonPrime. Laughing
Yuukiwr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:58 am Reply with quote
Also unlike the non fangame tohou games wouldnt have much of an Chance here due the small bullethell fandom here
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1