• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail Manga to Have 'Important News' on July 27

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
immblueversion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Catsplay wrote:
They're the worse of the worst when it comes to the anime fandom. They don't care if other people enjoy a series and look forward to it, if they don't enjoy it then it should end because their word is law. Ugh.

Exactly. Like there are loads of shows I dislike or have dropped but guess what I don't bother wasting my time on them and move on, I don't want to waste my time discussing nor do I want to waste other peoples time. If one must comment being civil is a thing, but saying things like "yes this shit could be ending" as opposed to "this series was never for me so I wouldn't be too sad if it is ending", rubs me the wrong way.

Anyway, I watch the show as FUNi bring it out and don't read the Manga so I am a bit ways behind, but I still loving the show and I thought the Tartorus arc is off to a fantastic start, can't wait for more. If the Manga does end then hopefully there is a few more arcs, I believe that the Manga is 2 arcs ahead of where the anime ended.

Also I completely forgot about the movie. If the announcement is anime related then it is probably that, too soon of a new series announcement (believe series 2 was announced in December), I really enjoyed the first movie so I am game for a second.

Way back when the Grand Magic Games arc was being released, I recall Mashima stating there were at least two major story arcs he still wanted to do. I don't know how things have changed since then, but I think we can safely assume he meant the Tartaros and Alvarez arcs, with the others being little in-between arcs to set the stage. It's possible there will be more arcs to follow, but with all the characters and pieces in the places they are, and most of the major mysteries and plot threads already resolved, it really feels like Fairy Tail is headed towards its endgame. I'd rather it end on a good note, and seeing how pumped up the latest chapter made me feel for what I assume will be the arc's imminent climax, I have faith that this can happen.

Oh, and as for the Tartaros arc, the dub is sublime. Perhaps my intense apathy for the Grand Magic Games and the Eclipse Celestial Spirit arcs darkened my impression of their dubbed versions, despite how they tried their best, but damn, when the Tartaros arc's dub rolled around, it was almost as if I was watching an entirely different, better show.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:32 pm Reply with quote
It's probably going to be more details about the movie or maybe the anime is about to restart. I definitely can't imagine the manga ending any time soon, considering the momentum it's going. Plus there's WAY too many plot and character paths that need to be resolved for it to be ending any time this year, IMO.
Levitz9

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:56 am Reply with quote
Lucy reveals she's not a natural blond.
Grey reveals his abs are painted on.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:44 am Reply with quote
It's most likely...

1) Formal announcement of the third anime series. Sure, technically it was announced back in the spring when the second series ended that another had been green lit. That's not the same thing as proper announcement, complete with studio, staff, and date. Furthermore, the 2014 series was formally announced in July 2013, after the first series ended in March of 2013. So this would be something of a repeat of the pattern.

2) Further details on the second movie. It's been quite some time now since it was announced, and we've gotten nothing but a few design sketches. So we're about due for some further news as to plot or release date.

3) Some other miscellaneous announcement. The currently running spin off ending, a new spin off starting, some other miscellaneous news like something about the stage play. Minor stuff that's only "important" by virtue of being more note worthy than a merchandise release date change.

It is not...

1) An announcement the series is ending. They aren't going to make such an announcement more than a few weeks in advance (because they aren't going to shoot themselves in the foot like that when it comes to scheduling or chapter count). So anyone seriously suggesting that obviously does not read the series. There's simply too much left to be done in the series for it to be done within a few weeks. Nor would the series have been cancelled, it's still one of the top earners for Weekly Shounen Magazine. As in it's easily one of Kodansha's top five manga properties, and one of WSM's top 3. So comparisons to Bleach are irrelevant.

2) An announcement confined to the manga. These kinds of "important news next week" announcements are commonplace. The news can span the entire franchise of the series, from manga, to anime, to live action, to theater.
Encore22

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Really hope the series is ending, it has been absolutely terrible for quite a while now, i have been skimming through the chapters, AND I NEVER SKIM!

Seriously, this series has lost the most important factors to a good manga, HYPE!
Well, well, i suppose the finale will be decent.
Black Turtle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:44 am Reply with quote
GrayArchon wrote:

1) An announcement the series is ending. They aren't going to make such an announcement more than a few weeks in advance (because they aren't going to shoot themselves in the foot like that when it comes to scheduling or chapter count). So anyone seriously suggesting that obviously does not read the series. There's simply too much left to be done in the series for it to be done within a few weeks. Nor would the series have been cancelled, it's still one of the top earners for Weekly Shounen Magazine. As in it's easily one of Kodansha's top five manga properties, and one of WSM's top 3. So comparisons to Bleach are irrelevant.

I beg to disagree. With a long running popular manga, it could bring people back for the final arc. They could announce being in the last part, and still go for 6 month (yeah a few week is too short, Gildarts is not even there). It's not what's usually done, but still.

And about the final arc, I don't understand how so many people don't see we're already in it. At least half of the arcs in FT had been about Zeref, in a way or another (sometimes it's just small thing sometimes not, often his creations). Zeref end means the end of the manga. I don't know how you want another major arc after the climax that will end Zeref and Acnologia. I mean, Mavis has returned, Lucy backstory has ended, the dragon question is answered. Most of the question in FT are answered. It just need the final part.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:44 am Reply with quote
GrayArchon, I agree. They should at least give it a few more volumes (min. 4) before having the ending. For those griping on FT, while your complaints are valid, consider this: there are not many popular shounen titles that feature a girl as the lead character and that has actually been in dozens of fights.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Black Turtle wrote:
GrayArchon wrote:

I beg to disagree. With a long running popular manga, it could bring people back for the final arc. They could announce being in the last part, and still go for 6 month (yeah a few week is too short, Gildarts is not even there). It's not what's usually done, but still.

And about the final arc, I don't understand how so many people don't see we're already in it. At least half of the arcs in FT had been about Zeref, in a way or another (sometimes it's just small thing sometimes not, often his creations). Zeref end means the end of the manga. I don't know how you want another major arc after the climax that will end Zeref and Acnologia. I mean, Mavis has returned, Lucy backstory has ended, the dragon question is answered. Most of the question in FT are answered. It just need the final part.

spoiler[Hey look, Gildarts is there!] But yes, I agree entirely.
Just_Apple

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:04 am Reply with quote
LaughingElbow wrote:
Entering final stretch and will end soon?

Or they will finally add those Illucid Ecchi and Romance tags Anime hyper!
Touma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:13 pm Reply with quote
We are now past July 27.
What was the important news?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4