• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Keijo!!!!!!!!

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:30 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The anime should end around chapter 87, volume 9. The anime skipped most of the background context up until chapter 35 or so, they covered some stuff like Kawai's fight and the first test but I really recommend reading the entrance exam and the second test, they're better at building the characters and as fun as the rest of the anime. A shame that there was no way to adapt everything faithfully unless we had to wait for the currrent arc so we could have everything with the East-West war included.

Shame they skipped 1/4 of the series. At the very least they should have shown Nozomi's full backstory. Im sure it would make her desire for wealth in the anime more understandable than just wanting to be rich. Fortunately theres enough material spoiler[up to current untranslated chapter anyway] to cover a 2nd season which I can see happening considering its popularity[/quote]
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:32 pm Reply with quote
They will probably due the final battle as two episodes because it's a long fight in the manga

And spoiler[There are essentially two major fighters Nozomi has to deal with so showing the arrival of the evil one at the end of next week will make a good stinger]
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:10 pm Reply with quote
2.0 for the episode? Wow, the haters are fast.

More importantly, that episode was a treat. It's always nice to see a good underdog match, even if they were doomed to lose by shonen story standards, and it's really easy to root for Aoba. Why couldn't Unlimited Butt Works have triumphed!? Cut Aoba a break, would you!
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:15 pm Reply with quote
^ Sorry to say but this is the last you'll see her in a match cos after this its down to Nozomi to break the tie

I dont know about the rest of you but I prefer the name Ass of Babylon over Funi's version. And that twisting boob attack too cos she says it as Pai(breast) Pile Pipper. I guess Funi was trying to find a word that started with P and is something related to breasts and thats what they came up with
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:08 pm Reply with quote
AOBA!

Poor jobber. One day, she'll win. I knew she would lose because of the way the match was arranged, but it still hurt to see her lose by the thinnest of hairs.

That aside, while last week's technique was more outrageous IMO, I liked this week's battle way more because of the tactics and the camaraderie everyone showed.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:12 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
^ Sorry to say but this is the last you'll see her in a match cos after this its down to Nozomi to break the tie

If this does half as well as the buzz indicates it will, then we'll definitely see a second season with more chances for everyone to fight.
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
If this does half as well as the buzz indicates it will, then we'll definitely see a second season with more chances for everyone to fight.

First, as much as I love this show, the first BD's sales were really bad.
Second, after this spoiler[is their graduation cos their time in that school is only 1 year and after graduating they officially become pros and get split up. It will be a very long time before they get back together. Looked it up]
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:14 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:

Well, that's a shame. I'm not normally a fanservice fan (unless you count yuri/yaoi fanservice), but I thought this show was very entertaining, and I was hoping the Japanese fanbase felt the same.
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Well, that's a shame. I'm not normally a fanservice fan (unless you count yuri/yaoi fanservice), but I thought this show was very entertaining, and I was hoping the Japanese fanbase felt the same.

In fairness its only the first BD but in order to make up for this, the next volumes will need a serious shoot up in sales
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:38 pm Reply with quote
First of all, is that Char? "I painted my butt red so it'd be three time faster!"

Honestly I think it's sadder that the ass of varja always lose in such undignified fashion, she should get a break at some point (she can apparently split stone with that ass Laughing ).
drifty1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:52 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe that a reference was missed: "1.6 Kilo Boob Napalm" is obviously a reference to Zoro's (One Piece) cannon attacks. - lmao
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:57 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
Quote:

Second, after this spoiler[is their graduation cos their time in that school is only 1 year and after graduating they officially become pros and get split up. It will be a very long time before they get back together. Looked it up]

Lets hope for a good improve in manga sales so we can have a second season.
As much as i hate to say it, from a anime otaku point of view this is the kind of shonen anime that is very fun to watch one time but will need some thinking to spending that much money in this anime BD's. But in other hand is a very good promotion for the manga and that is what really matters for a new season, the manga sales.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:06 am Reply with quote
Btw I re-watched ep 10 and I listened to Kazane's pronunciation. She says "Shiri no Babylon" which means Ass/Butt of Babylon not the aforementioned Gate of Bootylon. Im guessing Funi did this in order for Fate fans to get the reference but Im sure the fans would have noticed either way
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:34 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
Btw I re-watched ep 10 and I listened to Kazane's pronunciation. She says "Shiri no Babylon" which means Ass/Butt of Babylon not the aforementioned Gate of Bootylon. Im guessing Funi did this in order for Fate fans to get the reference but Im sure the fans would have noticed either way

I think it's because they couldn't resist using that pun.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:50 pm Reply with quote
nitpick, but it's crunchyroll, not funi providing the subtitles. regardless of intentions, I think its hilarious and is thematically consistent with the previous terminology we've seen in the show. I look forward to hearing it shouted in English in a couple weeks
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 12