• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Voice Actor Kensho Ono Confirms Relationship With Kana Hanazawa

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:21 am Reply with quote
What a bad week for idols and seiyuu, I can just smell the scent of the deranged in the air. This can't end well. I hope the fans in Japan behave themselves.
Neohybrid_kai

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:36 am Reply with quote
Considering Slaine Troyard is one of my most favorite character, this news got me giggling like crazy Laughing (don't forget this once happened). Also, can we get both of them as the main couple in Shinkai's next movie? Seriously, this news really made my day, though yeah, I got kinda worried, hope nothing bad happened to them.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:37 am Reply with quote
I'm all for them living their lives how they want. However Ono Kana doesn't have a good ring to it, just saying lol.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:20 am Reply with quote
A surreal experience, given the recent episodes of Fuuka basically had the same thing playing out - a popular Idol talking with a guy, caught on camera. The only thing missing is reports of fans going nuts.

And Kana's living with Ono, could mean we very well could be hearing marriage news soon. (Spring wedding?) Well congrats to the couple.

Now I wonder if the Age of Kana is over?
tehhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:05 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
smokeyjoey8 wrote:
Aw jeez. It's one thing for them to date, but living together? The crazed otaku's are going to lose their shit, and the agencies will probably react just as poorly (if they didn't already know). I hope this won't have an effect on either of their work. I love Kana Hanazawa's voice, and I'd hate to hear less of it just because she's a human doing human things. Hopefully this all turns out okay.

Kana Hanazawa is literally the busiest voice actor/actress in all of anime, even more than Monica Rial - she has like 20 major anime roles A YEAR. Taking a break can't do her harm. And besides, if they do get hitched, they'll probably do what most people do and just go for higher-paying jobs. I highly doubt she will retire.

she's in decline as far i'm concerned, mostly voicing support character, not having character that can be sold, merchandise about her diminishing compared to her prime

as far i've seen around, she is in major decline, i'm not sure about ono, but i figured since he's voicing fujoshi material, at least the ladies aren't that crazy about voice actors

you can prove me wrong by giving me proof kana hana still sale, by giving me an anime she voiced where her role is important (important protagonist/support role), how much she sell her album, appear on TV as a topic, & the fact her voice is being replaced by other new talent, not exactly younger, but less prominent

there is always new something for everything, mamiko noto was set aside by kana hana, now kana hana is being set aside by hayami saori

cycle goes, and she manage to get a good way out, for now
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:09 am Reply with quote
Good for them. Now let the herbivores rant about it. It'll be something to laugh about.
pikopika

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:44 am Reply with quote
May both of them have a happy relationship. Very Happy
SheRrIs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:47 am Reply with quote
I hope their child becomes a voice actor as well. >]
Jejehartadi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:10 am Reply with quote
tehhead wrote:
she's in decline as far i'm concerned, mostly voicing support character, not having character that can be sold, merchandise about her diminishing compared to her prime

as far i've seen around, she is in major decline, i'm not sure about ono, but i figured since he's voicing fujoshi material, at least the ladies aren't that crazy about voice actors

you can prove me wrong by giving me proof kana hana still sale, by giving me an anime she voiced where her role is important (important protagonist/support role), how much she sell her album, appear on TV as a topic, & the fact her voice is being replaced by other new talent, not exactly younger, but less prominent

there is always new something for everything, mamiko noto was set aside by kana hana, now kana hana is being set aside by hayami saori

cycle goes, and she manage to get a good way out, for now

Hmm I don't think she's on decline, in fact her career is still going strong.

Held concert in Nippon Budoukan on 2015. HanaKana's single sold 5970 discs 1st week on late november 2016, with total maybe around 6000 discs will be sold. Will release her 4th album February22nd this year (the scoop came in a bad time lol). Sumitomo Mitsui company released credit card with HanaKana photo last september & will give figurines for lucky ones. Featured recently in a morning tv show(they talk about seiyuu profession) along with Miyano Mamoru

As for anime job.This season she got 5 important roles. Schoolgirl strikers' Yumi, Blue Exorcist's Shiemi, Gabriel Dropout's Raphiel, Rewrite's Kagari, 3-gatsu no lion's hinata. Will voice main characters for 3 upcoming movies (Washio Sumi is a hero, Yuasa movie, Godilla movie). Also upcoming series she will appear as 1 of main characters on Yuuki yuuna 2nd season, Sakurada Reset, Steins gate zero.

Source : MAL & various otaku sites.

HanaKana is a veteran that started voice acting since 2003, and it's amazing that she still appears a lot until today. I hope this news won't hurt her career.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:59 am Reply with quote
tehhead wrote:

Tell that to poor Mamoru Miyano. His fans lost their shit when he got married. It got even worse when they were expecting (Miyano was told he was infertile so them having a kid was a miracle to him).

Of course Ono is hardly as big a name as Miyano, but female fans can be just as bad as male ones.
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:57 am Reply with quote
Nice but... I fear that there is going to happen the freak Japanese Otaku overreacting as usual.

Best wishes for them.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:20 am Reply with quote
Good luck to them. This will drastically reduce Hanazawa's presence, but I'm sure there's another seiyuu that will take her place amongst otaku shrines.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Awww! Awesome. I was literally just thinking about this this past weekend. Wondering if she would actually ever try to be in a relationship, or if her public persona was too important to her. I love KanaHana, she's beautiful, very talented, and seems like a genuinely nice person, so it would have been a shame if she avoided relationships solely for the sake of her persona. Really happy to see this happen. I hope they are both seriously happy. (I would not at all be disappointed if we end up with a couple of little Hanazawa children someday. Laughing )
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy, boznia, you two know as well as I and everyone else here that those granola bars will do no such thing and demand the two of them spill out their personal lives so the freak hordes can gossip about it and make threats to both of them.

Last edited by belvadeer on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Tell that to poor Mamoru Miyano. His fans lost their shit when he got married. It got even worse when they were expecting (Miyano was told he was infertile so them having a kid was a miracle to him).

Of course Ono is hardly as big a name as Miyano, but female fans can be just as bad as male ones.

The difference is that Miyano still remains one of the most successful seiyuu in the medium, his singles often rank high in Oricon and he gets a fuckton of jobs, meanwhile Aya Hirano's career is still pretty much defunct (and didn't her agency fire her back in the day, only allowing her to keep the roles she already had?). The fujoshi might still get upset about Ono, but he's not gonna lose his job, and even if there's uproar about this, I doubt it'll severely affect his career. KanaHana on the other hand... I love her voice and I seriously hope this doesn't cause backlash against her. I figure if Ono decided to spill the beans it was with approval from Kana and both their agencies and that there won't be any negative consequences for either of them
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4