• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Hiromi Tsuru Passes Away at 57

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:34 am Reply with quote
R.I.P Tsuru-san,

She was one of the first seiyuu that i started recognizing when i first got into anime long time ago. Her voice always added something special to the characters she voiced.

She will always be Madoka Ayukawa to me Crying or Very sad
Spoofer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:26 am Reply with quote
RIP :{
EducatedRuffian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:37 am Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad I admit, I cried upon reading this.Goodbye Tsuru-san
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:40 am Reply with quote
She will always be Meryl for me. Rest in Peace... Crying or Very sad
Banjo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:52 am Reply with quote
horrible news.. I pray she finds peace now.
TheHTRO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:53 am Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
She's just not replaceable to me, and I wish the show could retire the role.

(quoted for emphasis)

No offense, but that just sounds selfish to me, especially since Bulma is an important character in the series. That's like when we lost Heath Ledger, and people wanted The Joker to be retired.

In any case, I should point out (if someone already hasn't) that Masako Nozawa (Goku) has outlived one of her co-stars. As for Hiromi Tsuru herself, my thoughts and prayers are with her family.
Sparvid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:56 am Reply with quote
GeorgeC wrote:
This is what killed actor John Ritter in the States over 10 years ago (2003).

When I heard that she had been found in her car, the first thing that came to mind was Ritter and how they later explained the off screen death of his character on 8 Simple Rules: he just collapsed out of nowhere while buying groceries and was gone.
Banjo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:07 am Reply with quote
by the way, Takada Akemi san wrote here https://ameblo.jp/angel-touch/entry-12329117224.html for Tsuru san and draw a sketch for Madoka.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:19 am Reply with quote
Awww no. I don't watch DragonBall, so I know nothing of her work as Bulma, but I loved her performance as Perrine in Perrine Monogatari. I'm so sad that she's gone. May she rest in peace. Crying or Very sad
Mai Yukino

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:39 am Reply with quote
I am truly saddened and heartbroken to hear of Hiromi Tsuru's passing. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and close friends who loved her dearly. May she rest in peace.

My most favorite role of hers will always be Madoka Ayukawa of Kimagure Orange Road, truly a beautiful and iconic character. This past year I watched Ghost Sweeper Mikami and enjoyed her spirited performance as the title character. Tsuru is one my most favorite seiyuu who I love and cherish with her great talent, she was truly a legend with all the roles she had done in her career, and will be greatly missed. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Mai Yukino on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
JDude042

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:04 am Reply with quote
Vegeta: What did you do to my Bulma?!

Putting that aside, this is absolutely terrible news. I was shocked seeing it as I scrolled down the news page. I've been a fan of Dragon Ball for a good 15-16 years now, so it really sucks to see an amazing voice actress like her for such an iconic character pass away much earlier than one might expect. I hate to say it, but one day we'll be grieving over the loss of Masako Nozawa, because she is definitely up there in age, and it's going to be a massive loss when it happens. I can't even imagine who they would get to replace Goku by that point.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:15 am Reply with quote
I suspected it was something related to her heart. Not much else makes sense for that situation of being conscious enough to pull over, turn on hazard lights, and then die afterwards. Hopefully it wasn't painful. May she rest in peace.
Zeino

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:18 am Reply with quote
I'm speechless...

I never though in million years did that'd she would go first before the other older members of the DB cast... Nozawa was the one I was always most worried about.

She's the only main cast member besides Nozawa and Jouji Yanami (who's retired for good.) who's been part of the franchise since Episode 1 of Dragon Ball. And now... It's just too tragic. And think I'll finally get around to watching Kimagure Orange Road this month in her honor.

May you rest in peace, Hiromi Tsuru-san.
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:20 am Reply with quote
TheHTRO wrote:
Zhou-BR wrote:
She's just not replaceable to me, and I wish the show could retire the role.

(quoted for emphasis)

No offense, but that just sounds selfish to me, especially since Bulma is an important character in the series. That's like when we lost Heath Ledger, and people wanted The Joker to be retired.

In any case, I should point out (if someone already hasn't) that Masako Nozawa (Goku) has outlived one of her co-stars. As for Hiromi Tsuru herself, my thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Ditto. As much as I'd prefer the early parts of Dragon Ball to the rest and like series to end on a high, if live action movies (Harry Potter changed the Dumbledore actor) and shows where you see the face can go on despite a loss, so can animated works.

Dragon Ball is no stranger to this as Roshi is on his third voice IIRC, Mr Satan on his second and Tenshinhan on his second as well. We will lose more sooner than later but hope that they give their best performances and can be possibly excused (see Akira Kamiya who doesn't return for Kenshiro though he had a role in a parody series) in later years.
Pipoko

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:01 am Reply with quote
She was a great voice actor, may she rest in peace.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6