• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
DamePri Anime Caravan (TV).

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:40 am Reply with quote

DamePri Anime Caravan (TV)

Genres: fantasy, romance, comedy
Themes: Reverse harem

Plot Summary: Ani, a princess from the minor nation of Inaco, has been sent to the signing ceremony in Selenfalen, meant to bring peace to the nations of Milidonia, a mighty military country, and Selenfalen, a powerful theocracy. Upon entering the site of the ceremony, Ani meets the Selenfalen prince Ruze, so beautiful she almost mistakes him for a girl. Ruze has a calm demeanor, but their conversation soon devolves into confusion. A bewildered Ani is then met with the sound of an explosion. The door blows away with a bang, and in walk some even stranger princess.
----------------------------------

Episode 1

Okay, I found one. It had been a while since I made an effort to watch reverse harem anime for the chance one might be something I will enjoy. They can be from bad, to passable, and then a few which I can actually really get behind, such as Kamigami no Asabi, and Kiss Him, Not Me, and Dame×Prince seems just like those two. When one of them was introduced like he was about to transform like a magical girl, my mind went straight to Kamigami, the first part in that show that I would enjoy it, and every other part of the boys being varying degrees of silly, it was just super fun.

The heroine is also pretty great, I love the reactions she has to the boys, calling them out for their odd behaviour and the like. Maybe shallow, but her design also makes me think of Steph from No Game, No Life, them both being princess makes me think it is not entirely be by chance, it is a character I really liked how in her series it was kind of great how she kind of became highlighted for her common sense. I think that she is going to be one I will like.

There were some uneven parts of the episode, but I really enjoyed others. Like the part where one prince is acting like something important, but it is just him thinking he looks cool while he is doing it. But my favourite was the other one looking mysterious and wise, before we get peeks that he is a total airhead and cannot do anything without the prime minister.
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:50 am Reply with quote
I had a blast with the first episode. I knew I was going to love this within the first few minutes. I laughed multiple times throughout the episode. Ani is a nice change for an otome heroine. I thought that Narek was going to annoy me, but I just grinned every time he came on screen due to his antics. Oh, and Ani's parents are also great. It's not often we see the heroine's parents in an otome. I can't wait to see more of this!
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

I'm now even more in love with this show. They freaking cut to the commercial break as Narek is mid sentence praising himself. I was dying! Ani straight up calling the Gurimaru ugly cute was funny as well. Hooray for a heroine that speaks her mind!

BTW Gurimaru is adorable
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:28 am Reply with quote
I did like Ani straight up being unimpressed by the kingdom's guardian spirit and calling it ugly, and in general its power was not really anything, and I think thought she needed to be protected. There were a number of other jokes that landed well too, like Teo suddenly having "princess senses tingling" go off during a situation with him running off to find and help her, only to show she was about to come back, she was not really in any need to be saved, and the mascot would most likely be totally incompetent in relaying a message. And I found it really funny when it lead up to the prince explaining the portraits, and the one supposedly from that day was really the image of him standing in front of the portrait, with him standing in front of a portrait continuously inside it. Laughing

Oh, and Everything Ani says in her head in regards of Vino, like him saying that with her staying at his mansion he could look at her whenever he wanted, and she responds "please don't". Just down to the premise that she is supposed to be spying on the country, but she is like literally the worst choice due to easily being recognised.
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3

It's official, Mare is my favorite guy (at least at this point. I'd really like to see more of Riot though)!

Not surprised that Chrom is a sadist while the citizens are masochists. Poor Ani is finding herself deeper and deeper in insanity every day.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Mare is my favourite now too.

I thought the whipping scene was hilarious in its absurdity, along with the citizen letting themselves get walked on.
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

I laughed so much during this episode. We have: a civilian announcing Narek's arrival by saying, "Some weirdo in a crop top showed up!", Mare traveling in a chest, Riot being stealthy by posing as a bush, Narek's hatred of carrots, people giving stuff away to Narek and Ruze for totally different reasons, Narek defeating the boar by being himself except even more extra.

Great stuff!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:20 am Reply with quote
I liked the bit about Riot apparently disguising himself as a cabbage, only the top of his head seemed to be disguised.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:43 pm Reply with quote
BLESS MY SOUL; ARE YOU GUYS SAYING THERE'S AN OTOME GAME ADAPTATION THAT'S GOOD!?
Shocked

.......okay, I'll give it a shot. Anime hyper
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

Yay we got to see more Riot! Also, Vino is now in my Top 3 for the guys. Wasn't expecting to see his dad. It's nice for an otome to actually show the parents of the characters. Gotta say that Ani's expressions are always hilarious.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:11 pm Reply with quote
I really liked the bit where Ruze smiled at the waiter, and Ani was actually blinded by the light that came off of him, and she yelled a warning at the maid as she was coming out. Along with the bit where Vino was accusing Ani of being worried about him, and she curtly says "not at all", because in these things it is always that the heroine is worried, when really one could just be interested in what someone is up to.

Teo is becoming even more a butt monkey in being forgotten till the end.
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

I never thought that Narek would ever praise someone for being on his level in terms of fashion sense. That's probably the highest praise he ever gave anyone. It was also surprising how well the two got along.

As much as I love the show, the Chrom bits were a chore to sit through especially since I'm not a fan of his character type or him at all. I shared Ani's feeling of dread.

I'd love to play the game if it was ever translated.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:59 am Reply with quote
phia_one wrote:
As much as I love the show, the Chrom bits were a chore to sit through especially since I'm not a fan of his character type or him at all. I shared Ani's feeling of dread.

Which made Ani all the more humorous as she really did not want to be in that situation and had no way out. The burns he put about Ani being low culture, and that she lowered herself to pretending to be asleep.

I think the best part about Narek and Mare's adventure is that the search for fashion, was treated so seriously by the people they met. They had a fashion off. Laughing
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:56 pm Reply with quote
So I watched the first three or four episodes and..........it's okay.

I'm not very invested...but it's good to see an otome game-genre show that is actually watchable for once. Anime hyper
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

Oh my God, this episode. Mare would be the one to break the fourth wall, aside from Ani. There were a lot of great moments, but my favorite is definitely the Riot cameo. I'm still laughing just thinking about it. The censor light for Ruze complete with sparkling sound effects made perfect sense for his character. Teo blushing at how cute Ani was was adorable. Also, Mare went yandere there for a minute in regards to Ani. Wasn't expecting that. Amidst all this, we got some backstory for Mare and a sprinkling of it for Vino. And it looks like we have incoming plot.

I know there's still more episodes left, but I'm definitely buying this show if/when it gets released on blu-ray
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2