• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Atelier Lydie & Suelle Game Will Not Have English Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haterater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:49 am Reply with quote
Apparently the Dynasty Warriors 9 dub will use a whole new cast for the characters. There were many VAs who stuck around and to just see them all go just keeps souring me on Koei-Tecmo.
Taskforce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:25 am Reply with quote
Well, I won't be buying it without a dub, and I've got the others. You want me to pay full price for a half done job. No thanks. If it were $30 I just might consider it. But since I have eye problems and usually can't read the terrible tiny subs they use during FMV, it is unlikely I'd purchase it at $30. $60 no chance. And I don't care if we don't get another release in the US. I'm not buying something I won't enjoy playing just to make sure we get future installments that are also the same.
varmintx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:23 am Reply with quote
It's that it's the third game of a trilogy that they decided to drop the dub that I have a problem with. If you've grown attached to the characters in their English form, it's kind of a problem to suddenly have to listen to them in Japanese. They should have just waited until the next set of games to drop it.

Whatever, Sophie was worse than all the Dusk games, and Firis just kind of sucked.
levonr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:13 am Reply with quote
Its not a good sign for the Atelier franchise. I'm not crazy about the games so not a big deal, I never completed any since I always lose interest. Now if this was the Tales franchise I'd riot but those are successful so I don't think I have to fear that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2