• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru! Anime Stars Haruka Shiraishi, Manami Numakura

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hopefully lost

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:11 am Reply with quote
marshmallowpie wrote:
What's next, is Yuzumori-san going to be animated or something?

I would actually love to see it animated
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:24 am Reply with quote
The most disturbing thing for me about this series is that the maid's eye patch still looks like a bloody eye socket, especially at a distance.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:41 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
John Hayabusa wrote:

Be grateful that yuri is growing slowly but steadily for the past several years. Otherwise, you would be clamoring for a tiny puny fragment of yuri from female-dominated series that are yuribait and hetero, or where the yuri-shippable girls belong to the, you know, male-self insert character.

Sure. Rolling Eyes

FTFY. At least you tried.... Rolling Eyes
hopefully lost wrote:
marshmallowpie wrote:
What's next, is Yuzumori-san going to be animated or something?

I would actually love to see it animated

We need more OneeLoli anime. Yuzumori-san anime would be great.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:59 am Reply with quote
@John Hayabusa

For the record, although I can’t say I am a die-hard Yuri-fan, many shows I considered enjoyable have Yuri elements and I appreciate them for having that.

But this is entirely different (and your baseless assumption is really rude, no, I despise bland male insert guys as much as the next guy, please do not categorize me into that camp)

What I am worried is from a genuine fan perspective, if this show is indeed cute and not creepy, they really should make the teaser image to a heartwarming or funny one instead, not something predatory like this. This might give the show a bad name even before it starts, and the way they word the premise, also fail to capture the supposed cute elements of the show, so I would blame the anime staff for now as they should maximize the source material ‘s strength (assuming the source is good or decent)

That is my stance, definitely not on your opposing side or some derogatory “soccer mom” analogy that try to paint people who are uncomfortable as too sensitive.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:26 am Reply with quote
@Engineering Nerd

Why are you so upset over a teaser image? If this anime is creepy because of the age difference between the two female leads, then so be it. Better to be straight-forward if it is not going to hide it. Not every anime is for everyone. If you are upset about this cute anime being creepy, then it is probably not for you. And since you said that assuming the source is good or decent, maybe you should check out its source material first before judging the anime by its one teaser image. We also have Sunohara-san this summer which is the same as this except it is between a young boy and his female caretaker. Another cute but creepy anime.
Crext

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:57 am Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
@Engineering Nerd

Why are you so upset over a teaser image?

It's probably something in the water... >: D
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:02 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Wow, The premise is more cringeworthy than I thought, did someone honestly think just because the lolicon is a grown woman, it gets a free pass and the story instantly becomes cute?

I know, right? To me, this is Pedophile: The Anime. Full stop. (No really, stahp).

I'm not disparaging anyone who enjoys this type of show for a lark, but it just gives me the creeps.
NGK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:03 am Reply with quote
will this be as creepy as kodomo no jikan ? Laughing

Yeah it’s been a decade since an anime release really pandered to lolicons Laughing
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:15 am Reply with quote
Lolicon targeted fanservice in anime is dead anyways. I don't know what the point of making any, when the adaptation will have no fanservice of note, or the point of complaining about it is, since, once again, no actual fanservice of note will come out of anything that gets animated. So no, this isn't a pedophile, or even a lolicon show, anime does not do that anymore, and will play it down to a point only the most irritable people will even raise an eyebrow, and of course not even lolicons will care about it, and will be an inevitable flop like the low profile, filler project it was always meant to be, since obviously industry people know that lolicons gave up on anime as well for said reasons.

Not to mention complaining about lolicon content in a title that's originally lolicon is like complaining that Free has guys in tiny swimming trucks, or that a borderline hentai show has heavy fanservice, and so on.
fantaselion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:29 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
@Engineering Nerd

Why are you so upset over a teaser image? If this anime is creepy because of the age difference between the two female leads, then so be it. Better to be straight-forward if it is not going to hide it. Not every anime is for everyone. If you are upset about this cute anime being creepy, then it is probably not for you. And since you said that assuming the source is good or decent, maybe you should check out its source material first before judging the anime by its one teaser image. We also have Sunohara-san this summer which is the same as this except it is between a young boy and his female caretaker. Another cute but creepy anime.

wow, like someone was trying to be nice to you and your still triggered. its ok to be infactuated with yuri but when someone brings up a good point that this series may indeed be "ILLEGAL" then I think you should listen.
Angel Investor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:21 pm Reply with quote
fantaselion wrote:
John Hayabusa wrote:
@Engineering Nerd

wow, like someone was trying to be nice to you and your still triggered. its ok to be infactuated with yuri but when someone brings up a good point that this series may indeed be "ILLEGAL" then I think you should listen.

Illegal? I don't know where you're from, but here in the US we have this nice little thing called Freedom of Expression. Regardless of how much it might offend people, there is nothing illegal about this, Kodomo No Jikan, or any other controversial manga/anime.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:42 pm Reply with quote
1. Generic male self-insert harem fantasies are usually bad.

2. Pedophilia is also bad.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:

Fighting series are also bad. Violent series are also bad. Cute series are also bad. Feminine guys are bad. Mecha series are bad. Dark series are also bad!
And the list goes on. You know what? Opinions are not facts.
fantaselion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
Shay Guy wrote:

Fighting series are also bad. Violent series are also bad. Cute series are also bad. Feminine guys are bad. Mecha series are bad. Dark series are also bad!
And the list goes on. You know what? Opinions are not facts.

exactly, and neither is your opinion.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:02 pm Reply with quote
fantaselion wrote:

exactly, and neither is your opinion.

Did you have a point you wanted to make? Because you certainly didn't manage to do so.
Complaining about a certain kind of series focuses on the exact kind of thing it promises is still pointless.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4