• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Our Most Anticipated Anime Of Spring 2020

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Outside of Fruits Basket S2 (my most anticipated Spring show), there's a ton of premieres that sound interesting just based on their premise! I'm definitely looking forward to checking out the premieres for Arte, Bakarina, Appare-Ranman, Wave Listen to Me, Sing Yesterday for Me, etc...

BNA also looks fun but Netflix you know... Confused
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
maximilianjenus wrote:
About rezero, I was told that that scene got added to the last episode, so that should make the wait better.

Kinda off topic for this thread, but yes, the final episode of the replay did have a new four minute long scene as an epilogue, which seems innocuous at first but ends on one hell of a final line of dialog. It's such a massive twist that I have to think it's what people who know the novels have been talking about. (I haven't read that far into the novels.) If you're an anime-only follower of the franchise, go to the 53:48 mark of episode 13 of the replay to see the whole scene.

Yes, it's that one. were nto it for covid, it would be very relevant for this thread.

back to the thread, is bakarina the first modern isekai that is shoujo based ?
Key

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:54 am Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
back to the thread, is bakarina the first modern isekai that is shoujo based ?

Depends on how you define "modern." There was 100 Sleeping Princes and the Kingdom of Dreams back in 2018, which was based on an otome game, but what little I saw of it skewed towards a more classic style of isekai. I'm thinking there were one or two others in that vein that I'm forgetting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:44 am Reply with quote
^There was Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits back in 2018, though IIRC the manga adaptation of the light novels ran in a Josei magazine. Regardless, My Next Life As A Villainess is the only anime adaptation of a Narou series that I can think of that's had its manga counterpart run in a Shojo imprint.
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:42 am Reply with quote
Bookworm isn’t shojo?
I read the first two volumes of the Villainess manga and really enjoyed them despite being skeptical of isekai (especially isekai based on video game worlds, albeit in this case a fictional one). It was very dense and wordy though, so I’m wondering how it will translate to the screen.
Very curious about “Yesterday,” it’s premise of a young adult friend group interested in music reminds me of Kids on the Slope. And I really want to know if they got the rights to play “Yesterday” at any point in the series! I doubt it, but I’m rooting for them! And any media that references The Beatles is bound to have good taste.
peno

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:20 am Reply with quote
I see no one mentioned Yu-Gi-Oh! Sevens. I know a many killed the show before it even aired, because it has elementary school kid as main character and also because it is animated by the same studio who works on Vanguard, but come on, give the show a try. The premise of a world owned by megacorporation which wants to control your everyday life sounds interesting enough and the fact it will concentrate on existing summoning method, instead of creating its own new method is also a really good point for me to at least see where this will go. I am a little worried about main character's seiyuu, because he's still a novice with very little experiences and my previous experiences with voice acting are telling me that giving main role to a novice may end with catastrophe, like it did with Sarah Natochenny in Pokémon English dub, but even novices have to learn somewhere and it is actually nice to see new and young people coming to this business so, I am giving him a chance to proof me wrong.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:19 pm Reply with quote
I just love everything about the animation.....

Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:51 am Reply with quote
I've sworn off everything isekai last year so it has hampered my viewing choices slightly. On the returning front, there's SNAFU Climax which is hopefully reaching its climax... it's anime, those endings are always up in the air... and Love is War? which is both being continued and not being continued as it looks like the characters are advancing their situations slightly. Eventually?

I haven't watched any other PVs so anything else I'd have to try. I stopped watching Fruits Basket after about seven episodes and I stopped watching the original series, which I still have on DVD, after about 12. Twice. There's just something about Tohru I don't like, I think that's my problem with the shows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2