• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kageki Shoujo!! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:13 am Reply with quote
Episode 13 (finale)

The finale ending with the auditions of the 4 roles for the second years graduation, where Ai missed out on the Juliet role because she played it a bit too mature, but Sarasa succeeded in getting the Tybalt role from breaking a tie due to fangirl appeal. We didn't get much more actual closure, but I did like the look back at Sarasa's childhood where she expressed frustration at being sure she did a better performance at something.

I am really not quite sure what to say about this show. To point to what I think was the best part, it was probably what was also the most uncomfortable, with the eating disorder plot. And I have mixed feelings on elements like how gender plays a part, in both the gender specific artforms, one being female, and the other male, Sarasa having been banned from the one she wanted because of her gender, and picking up the other. Some aspect of queerness has to play a part, since it is a lot of women playing male parts, so much so that women fangirl, and I think the previous episode had a character realise that her old female friend actually confessed to her and she never noticed. Generally had me thinking that the whole gender specific thing is kind of stupid, especially when you bring up things like trans people, where you have "women" that look like men, but are still considered women.

Again, I really don't know what else to say. Maybe I was buying into a bit of the hype, and it didn't quite reach that level for me. My rating is going to be Decent (6/10), I didn't lose my time.
Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:28 pm Reply with quote
EPISODE 10
Fun episode, Sei is a really nice person throughout this series.
I had a feeling that woman was the Oscar that Sarasa was talking about, it was a good tease last episode.
Ai was very popular with the girls in the crowd when she was taking those flags out, I think Ai could play either male or female roles, she would get over big time as a Juliet, but I think the female fans would go absolutely wild if she played male roles.
I really like Ai and her long hair, very pretty, very beautiful.

EPISODE 11
Ai saying that not knowing what love is and how to produce it is not surprising.
Her Mother never cared about her since forever.
Other than Taichi, Sarasa is the only other one to show Ai true warmth and kindness, and Ai used that as her motivation and fuel to do such a wonderful performance.
It will definitely take Ai a long time to be a truly happy human being again, but it's a good start, we will definitely see more of this in the future.

EPISODE 12
Aya is an amazing singer, that was great to watch her in action, and also the interaction with Ai calling her a worthy rival.
Another very good backstory for her as well, normally I thought it was the boy the gets friendzoned but anyway, there was also the possibility of her friend confessing to her or just playing around.
I think Aya with long hair is very beautiful, I understand why she has that current hairstyle which she explained herself in a previous episode, but I would like to see the long hair version of her again one day.
I always like seeing more of Sarasa's past as well, the boyfriend/girlfriend talk at the aquarium was good.
Now I am looking forward to see her try Tybalt one more time, I also like the twist of having Andou himself play Romeo, it will be great to watch.

EPISODE 13
Sarasa did a great job as Tybalt, we got to see her version and she was brilliant.
Ai talking about being nervous and then telling Taichi she was really disappointed is not surprising, she wants to be a top star, she really cares which is why she got emotional.
She didn't care about JPX, she joined so she could escape her difficult home life, that's why she never felt anything during that period of her life.
Not surprised that Ayako got Juliet, her performance was outstanding, and that was really good of Kaoru to stand up for her even though she was disappointed about not getting Romeo.
It was good to see Sarasa's hard working paying off and getting the role, only just, she will have a good rivalry with Sawa.
It was good to see a fair bit of Sawa in this episode, she is a good person, she was disappointed but she didn't complain, she only wanted to learn what her weaknesses were and how she could get stronger.
The fangirling part was hilarious, and Sarasa finally got that hand shake.
And that's the end of my new favourite anime.
Sarasa is a wonderful human being, Ai really needed someone like that in her life, Sarasa helped Ai grow and slowly change into a person that was happy and could smile again.
Ai still has flaws, but at least she is on the right path and has good people around her, Sawa, Chiwa, Chiaki, Ayako & Kaoru are all her friends as well.
I do hope we got another season once the manga progresses further into their 2nd year, it's really exciting what they are currently up to.
Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:28 pm Reply with quote
EPISODE 10
Fun episode, Sei is a really nice person throughout this series.
I had a feeling that woman was the Oscar that Sarasa was talking about, it was a good tease last episode.
Ai was very popular with the girls in the crowd when she was taking those flags out, I think Ai could play either male or female roles, she would get over big time as a Juliet, but I think the female fans would go absolutely wild if she played male roles.
I really like Ai and her long hair, very pretty, very beautiful.

EPISODE 11
Ai saying that not knowing what love is and how to produce it is not surprising.
Her Mother never cared about her since forever.
Other than Taichi, Sarasa is the only other one to show Ai true warmth and kindness, and Ai used that as her motivation and fuel to do such a wonderful performance.
It will definitely take Ai a long time to be a truly happy human being again, but it's a good start, we will definitely see more of this in the future.

EPISODE 12
Aya is an amazing singer, that was great to watch her in action, and also the interaction with Ai calling her a worthy rival.
Another very good backstory for her as well, normally I thought it was the boy the gets friendzoned but anyway, there was also the possibility of her friend confessing to her or just playing around.
I think Aya with long hair is very beautiful, I understand why she has that current hairstyle which she explained herself in a previous episode, but I would like to see the long hair version of her again one day.
I always like seeing more of Sarasa's past as well, the boyfriend/girlfriend talk at the aquarium was good.
Now I am looking forward to see her try Tybalt one more time, I also like the twist of having Andou himself play Romeo, it will be great to watch.

EPISODE 13
Sarasa did a great job as Tybalt, we got to see her version and she was brilliant.
Ai talking about being nervous and then telling Taichi she was really disappointed is not surprising, she wants to be a top star, she really cares which is why she got emotional.
She didn't care about JPX, she joined so she could escape her difficult home life, that's why she never felt anything during that period of her life.
Not surprised that Ayako got Juliet, her performance was outstanding, and that was really good of Kaoru to stand up for her even though she was disappointed about not getting Romeo.
It was good to see Sarasa's hard working paying off and getting the role, only just, she will have a good rivalry with Sawa.
It was good to see a fair bit of Sawa in this episode, she is a good person, she was disappointed but she didn't complain, she only wanted to learn what her weaknesses were and how she could get stronger.
The fangirling part was hilarious, and Sarasa finally got that hand shake.
And that's the end of my new favourite anime.
Sarasa is a wonderful human being, Ai really needed someone like that in her life, Sarasa helped Ai grow and slowly change into a person that was happy and could smile again.
Ai still has flaws, but at least she is on the right path and has good people around her, Sawa, Chiwa, Chiaki, Ayako & Kaoru are all her friends as well.
I do hope we got another season once the manga progresses further into their 2nd year, it's really exciting what they are currently up to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2