• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Another Eden Smartphone Game Transcends Space-Time With Chrono Cross Crossover

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:06 am Reply with quote
Interesting. Another Eden is also having a crossover with Danmemo right now.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:13 am Reply with quote
And here I was thinking it would be a port:(
Pandsu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:48 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

Wait a few days lol

The event seems to be done to celebrate a remaster. It coming (apparently in December 2021) was part of a leak months ago and in this event's files there is apparently a string of text that also says that it's celebrating the release of the Chrono Cross Remaster.
So we'll probably get a reveal and shadow drop at the Game Awards in a few days.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Gotta say, Japanese voices sound better, IMO. Hiro Shimono as Serge, Megumi Toyoguchi as Kid, and Yukana as Tsukuyomi (Harle in English version). Accents were a thing only in English version of Chrono Cross, and somehow they sound weird being voiced... That's why Yukana's performance sounds way more natural.
Artemis X

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:22 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

Wait till December 9th my friend. There is no way they are promoting this sudden cross over with a series or franchise that has been long dead with out having some sort of revival. People especially today in the current generation don't care about a cross over game with a video game series that is not trending any more. NO, this is just the first announcement. There has to be a remake or remaster in some form.
Xavon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:02 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[I'm confused and a little sad that Kid and Harle don't have the same VA. It would have been cheaper, presumably. Harle and Kid are (mostly) the same person from the two sides of reality.]
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:14 am Reply with quote
Artemis X wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

Wait till December 9th my friend. There is no way they are promoting this sudden cross over with a series or franchise that has been long dead with out having some sort of revival. People especially today in the current generation don't care about a cross over game with a video game series that is not trending any more. NO, this is just the first announcement. There has to be a remake or remaster in some form.

I mean I get this take, and a lot of people feel the same way, but I feel like lore wise it would still make sense if they did a crossover with CT or CC in some form. It's always been basically a spiritual successor to both games with references throughout.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1