• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan The Final Season Anime's 'Conclusion' to Air in 2023

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:20 am Reply with quote
So glad we escaped the movie memes, was afraid.

I guess I can take my time on watching this newest season then. TeamEren.
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:23 am Reply with quote
Maybe some of the lax production in the last few episodes is because they're going to throw the kitchen sink at this final run?

9 chapters - 11 epsidoes or so ? Full on movie grade production values?
Pandsu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:32 am Reply with quote
gumbaloom wrote:
Maybe some of the lax production in the last few episodes is because they're going to throw the kitchen sink at this final run?

9 chapters - 11 epsidoes or so ? Full on movie grade production values?

lol

Anyway, I really wish studios would stop splitting "seasons" into "parts".
If there's more than, say, a month between a set of episodes, it should seriously just be considered, and advertised as, a separate season. I honestly don't get the difference between a long part of a season and a full season, especially in cases like this where there's literally a year between parts.

Deliberate or not, it feels like false advertisement to drum up hype for an epic conclusion by calling it THE FINAL SEASON more than 2 years before the actual final season even starts airing.
They should've just called it Season 4, 5 and 6 and most of the people who are bothered by this now (and there seem to be quite a few, I personally don't care that much) wouldn't have been mad at all.
Connor Dino

Not surprising considering the pacing.

Also just going to go on record and say that the ending of AOT is pretty okay. Now when the manga was finishing and people had legitimate criticisms, I was appreciative of their perspective. Unfortunately, I have since changed my mind after seeing the discourse via the anime. It appears that the reason people hate AOTs ending it because they hate how the characters are trying to stop the genocide of billions of innocent people. They are people who think Eren is a super-chad, edge-lord, badass, that Floch is based (and not a fascist) and the rest of the characters are "cringevengers" (???????). I would say more but the spoiler tag is giving me problems on mobile...so whatever. Just really dissapointed by the lack of good faith criticism from the 12-18 year old age grou-.....oh wait I now see the problem. Very Happy

Looking forward to this!
HueyLion

Welp, looks like the anime only watchers have got to wait one more year to see the ending,
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:40 am Reply with quote
This is the third ''final'' season, another ''final'' season.
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:47 am Reply with quote
Oh wow, they just can't wrap this train wreck up can't they?
Abraham Omosun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:50 am Reply with quote
Can wait to watch The End of Attack on Titan: The Final Saeason: The Conclusion: The Last One: Electric Boogaloo 2: Endgame: The Finale
tintor2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:52 am Reply with quote
At least it means MAPPA will adapt Chainsawman this year?
cchigu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Milking the shit out of this show. Please end my suffering, can’t take this final season any longer. Everything has gone to [expletive] shit.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:07 pm Reply with quote
So much for the movie route, as I expected 2 films. The content of the anime will suck either way but the whole show will now stand complete as a collection of seasons and a few OVA companions. I still don´t get why the studio switch and the rush to make final season part 1 was needed if this is the end result. Oh, Attack on Titan The Final Season Production Committee. What a release strategist you are.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rogueywon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:08 pm Reply with quote
cchigu wrote:
Milking the shit out of this show. Please end my suffering, can’t take this final season any longer. Everything has gone to [expletive] shit.

More milking than an 800 cow dairy farm, that's for sure. I'm not sure how much more of it I can take. The old AoT flaw of confusing "shouting" with "emotion" is still there, but now pretty much all of the characters are awful, as anybody who was once likeable is either dead or gone to grimdark.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Man, being an anime-first fan of this franchise who only reads manga chapters after watching the corresponding anime episodes is hard. Premiering a "final" season in late 2020 and not finishing it until 2023, even though the manga ended in April 2021, is just plain bad planning by the production committee. Looking forward to spending yet another year dodging spoilers about the manga's last chapters.

Still, I'm glad they're not wrapping up the anime with one or two movies as I feared. That would only make the wait for an international release even longer, and if the final part is airing on NHK, at least it means there will be an international simulcast.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Forgot: In before Final Plus: The Chosen Future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
taichi256

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I guess it's for the best for the artists, animators and VA's to take time to make sure the final part is given its magnum opus for all the APT fans. Of course after reading the manga to it's final chapter has a lot of impact and for the artist's to take full responsibility to create what could be a tremendous animation of "The Rumbling" chapters that could be horrifying and unbelievable to the eyes of the audience (in other words, a very expensive animation).

I may have to wait, but being patient and to see the outcome of the final chapter of AOT will make it all worth seeing the sight to behold of this colossal story in itsspine chilling, uncontrollable and immortal work of art.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5