• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: RuriDragon Manga Takes 1-Week Break Due to Author's 'Sudden Illness'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:09 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one who worries that the manga spoiler[ may become battle shonen with AoT-type dark content because of the last page of the recent chapter? I really don't want that manga switched from SoL to dark battle shonen with killed off characters, otherwise it would be a letdown and kill my hype.]
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:17 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
Am I the only one who worries that the manga spoiler[ may become battle shonen with AoT-type dark content because of the last page of the recent chapter? I really don't want that manga switched from SoL to dark battle shonen with killed off characters, otherwise it would be a letdown and kill my hype.]

I really don't think so. I already love this new series the way it is.

Surprised about the sudden illness. Hope he gets well soon.
Alphonae

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:58 am Reply with quote
Wishing the author a speedy recovery.

On that note, I like this series and all, but man, this feels like it belongs on jump plus or something, definitely not weekly shonen jump material.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:51 am Reply with quote
I too wonder why this manga is in jump of all places as it seems like a terrible place for a series like this to thrive. I enjoy the Manga as is and don't need it to, nor do I think it will suddenly shift genres but aside from rom coms, gag manga and I guess sports series, I genuinely struggle to think of a slice of life manga that ran a long time in jump, even with the gimmick of "Hey she's half dragon!"

Nonetheless I also hope the author feels well soon.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:43 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:

Yes, you are the only one who worries about that.

Thatguy3331 wrote:
I too wonder why this manga is in jump of all places as it seems like a terrible place for a series like this to thrive..

While it's too early to say for certain how well the series is doing, by all appearances it's doing well, in part because it's so different from the usual battle/gag/harem comedy series people associate with Jump. And it's far from the first non-conventional series to do so. Blue Box, PPPPPP, and Akane-Banashi are all fairly significant departures from what people associate the magazine with, and all have been notably more successful than new entries that stick closer to the expected formula.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:37 pm Reply with quote
After reading this article, went on the site and read the 5 chapters available and must say, it's delightful and cute. I did a deep search for further pages and saw her father and was not disappointed. This looks like a keeper and has made me now want to download the MangaPlus app. BTW, the dialogue is GREAT and props to the translator!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1