• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Made in Abyss: Binary Star Falling into Darkness

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FallenDomino

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:57 pm Reply with quote
JustMonika wrote:
Can't believe MAGES will have something like this localized and sold in the West but completely forgo localization for something actually good like The Quintessential Quintuplets visual novels which are highly in demand outside of Japan but don't even provide an English option.

If MAGES actually localized this at all, you may have had a point.

But wait! You still wouldn't. How many games has MAGES themselves localized? They didn't do Steins;Gate until the PC release. They didn't do Chaos;Head. They didn't do the three (out of at least 10) actual anime games they put out, and two of the three that were localized more gameplay to them besides the bland visual novel elements. Ignoring the fact that they themselves have brought almost none of their games overseas,, maybe that demand isn't as high as you think.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:03 pm Reply with quote
JustMonika wrote:
Can't believe MAGES will have something like this localized and sold in the West but completely forgo localization for something actually good like The Quintessential Quintuplets visual novels which are highly in demand outside of Japan but don't even provide an English option.

This feels very unrelated considering MAGES didn't even work on this game whatsoever
louis6578

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:27 am Reply with quote
With all these people leaving needlessly harsh comments that add nothing to the conversation just because they find the source material icky, isn't there a way to block posts from people you suspect won't be fun to read from? Asking for a friend.

I mean, hey guys, I didn't like the game either, but my reasons are that I played it and disliked the shallow gameplay, not because I thought the manga series had weird kinks.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:07 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
With all these people leaving needlessly harsh comments that add nothing to the conversation just because they find the source material icky, isn't there a way to block posts from people you suspect won't be fun to read from? Asking for a friend.

There isn't. Believe me, I wish I could do the same. Rolling Eyes MAL's "ignore" button is great...we could use something like that...but the rules here are lot more strict than MAL's (which I'm actually grateful for, anyway. MAL is toxic as hell and I can't even post there.)
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:58 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
louis6578 wrote:

There isn't. Believe me, I wish I could do the same. Rolling Eyes MAL's "ignore" button is great...we could use something like that...but the rules here are lot more strict than MAL's (which I'm actually grateful for, anyway. MAL is toxic as hell and I can't even post there.)

Hello Chiibi and louis6578!

Taking it as a feedback, I thought of it as a potential feature for the upcoming new forum of ANN. I have brought it up to the staff that are leading the said project. They'll definitely look into this feature. Smile

Thank you for this idea!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2