• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Adventure Anime Gets New Promo Video for 25th Anniversary

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 11:14 am Reply with quote
I’d love to see this. I’m a sucker for anniversary videos featuring new footage.
icomeanon6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 11:20 am Reply with quote
Seeing the link to the page in this article reminded me: Where did ANN get the subtitle "Born of Koromon" for the first Digimon Adventure movie? It's on no official English materials, the Japanese title has no subtitle, and I haven't seen it used anywhere outside of ANN. It feels like a mistranslation of a tagline on a poster or something.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to see it!
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 2:22 pm Reply with quote
icomeanon6 wrote:
Seeing the link to the page in this article reminded me: Where did ANN get the subtitle "Born of Koromon" for the first Digimon Adventure movie? It's on no official English materials, the Japanese title has no subtitle, and I haven't seen it used anywhere outside of ANN. It feels like a mistranslation of a tagline on a poster or something.

This has been brought up almost every time ANN has mentioned the movie and it still hasn't been fixed the second movie technically does have an alternate title (Our War Game/Children's War Game) but the first movie is simply 'Digimon Adventure'.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 8:22 pm Reply with quote
We will never escape digimon adventure...
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 6:13 am Reply with quote
Quote:
As part of the 25th anniversary, the Digimon Adventure Our War Game! (Digimon: Our War Game) and Digimon Adventure 02: Digimon Hurricane Touchdown!! (Digimon: The Golden Digimentals) anime films will screen together as a double feature in theaters in Japan starting on August 9.

WTF! Why would they show 02 instead of the iconic Digimon Adventure movie that started the series? Obviously, they have to show Bokura no War Game since its a masterpiece, but leaving out the movie that started it all for 02 is the dumbest decision made, plus Hosoda didn't even work on the 02 movie so we can't appreciate the 25th anniversary of his work in full. Someone forcing 02 into this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1