• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Night Raid 1931 Blu-Ray

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I've heard about "Night Raid 1931" and it is an interesting one. One has to ask,will they do a sequel to this? I doubt they're going to do something about the attack on the gunship "Panay." For those who don't know what I'm talking about,let me explain. In 1936,the Japanese air force attacked an American gunship the "Panay,"sinking it. They attacked it,even though there was a large American flag on the ship. By the time the attack was over,five sailors and an Italian journalist was killed.
At the time,the United States was a neutral nation and many Americans didn't want to go to war. But they were also angry that Japan had attacked the ship of a neutral nation. Eventually,the Japanese government paid an indemnity to the families of the victims of the attack.

Will the sequel be set in America? I don't know. There is a possibility. Would it deal with the Japanese government trying to influence Japanese-Americans? Also possible. The Nazis had a group in America called the German-American Bund that tried to influence German-Americans in Nazi ideology. And there is evidence that the Japanese government of the time had similar ideas for Japanese-Americans. So would they do something like that? I don't know,but it could happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3